Newcastle 1 - 3 Man City - 26/12/2010 - Post-Match Reaction From Page 15

Andy

I think we played pretty well; the calamitous first five minutes gave Man City a flattering scoreline.

They're a top four side and we gave them loads of problems. A two goal cushion should have given them the confidence to dominate the rest of the game, but we had them on the back foot. At 2-1 we looked the more likely to score, until they got their spawny third.

There's a massive difference between performances like this an the abject showings against Stoke etc.

Oh, and Barry, you're not going to challenge for the title. You want to know why? Because you're shit and the powers that be at your club will eventually realise it and you'll be crawling back to Villa with your tail between your legs

Definitely appeared a very harsh scoreline but that certainly can't be used to ignore 2 horrendous pieces of, well, defending I suppose. On the plus side, that performance will surely give you some confidence?

Guest kingdawson

I watched your game via stream and MOTD highlight make it seem far more even then it actually was. They're creaming over City's poor performance.

City aren't shit like.  :lol:

They've not really clicked yet but are still in with a genuine shout at the title. They've ridden their luck at times (particularly in our first game) but they're full of quality players. They'll be there or thereabouts come May.

Still can't believe how jammy their third goal was.  c***s.

I was absolutely raging at how flukey they'd been after everything. :lol:

They had the luck of the devil all day - nothing seemed to fall for us - they are nowhere near as good as chelsea (based on the 2 performances at sjp)

Didn't expect anything from this game and wasnt let down! We were much better in the second half, nice to see Andy bag another one. The referees performance today was dreadful all the talk about getting players better in grassroots football certainly needs to happen with referees aswell the standard of the referees in this country is appauling, i can only think of one good referee in the premier league,Mike Dean, the rest are awful.

Bet Nolan loved those highlights. Tiote passes the ball off him, goal. Carroll smacks a shot off him, goal kick. Nolan curls a lame effort, straight at the keeper. Header back across by Carroll, Nolan barely gets on the end of it. Ranger knocks down, Nolan puts it wide.

The highlights make it seem like they had 3 attacks 3 goals with one or two speculative efforts thrown in. I don't recall Krul making a save. One of those days I guess.

What was the general mood amongst Newcastle supporters in SJP in regarding Ashley?

Can only remember one chant of YFCBGOOOC.

Pretty pitiful we all just accept getting shat on.

Aye, that's what it is :thup:

Twice we've played man city this season, and twice the officials have blatantly tried to win them the game.

I'm not pinning our loss on it or anything, I know it was our comedy defending, but it really pissed me off. Joe Hart's timewasting was the worst, could have added on another fucking game at the end with what it took him to take that free kick at the corner.

Aside from two mistakes in the early minutes I don't think Man City outplayed us. We did well considering we put ourselves on the back foot and if Carroll had put the ball either side of Hart with his header we might have been back in the game earlier. What happened between Tiote and Toure?

It's amazing.  Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields.  The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation. 

This is why there were only three slave revolts in the history of Rome.

To be fair he wanted the ball changing, so booted the ball to the dugouts. Jonas the spanner kicked it back, and sliced it into the penalty area. :facepalm:

:lol: That absolutely infuriated me too.

It's amazing.  Ashley could round up thousands of Geordies, feed them a handful of old rice a day, and toss them into the Killing Fields.  The bedsheet brigade would appear for a game or two before everything dies down into a state of resignation. 

:rolleyes:

Guest Heneage

Was just saying this to the lads in the pub after the game.

Can you explain what is meant by this please?

What are your proposals then?