Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can anyone remember the setting to make sure that email notifications show the post contents?

I'll change the setting, it's an Admin one.

Star O0

And has the hidden post count always been a conscious decision?

Post counts are available in your profile stats. They've never been on display in this view.

Yep, I know. Just most forums show them and this new 2.0 did until they were turned off (I took a sneak peak ;) ). Just being nebby on the reasoning ;)

Used to be turned off because it caused so many shit posts from people reaching milestone numbers or people posting just to boost their numbers.

Looks much smarter but I need to get used to it. The alternating background will ruin the dowie faces etc i'd imagine?

:dowie:

EDIT: Maybe not \o/

We had alternating background colours before, but the smileys have been fixed anyway.

Guest Howaythetoon

Woah, what's this, a whole new layout. Will take a while to get used to but it looks and feels spot on, really cool looking design too. I loved the old one but I think you guys have updated it brilliantly, yous have freshened it up without taking away the N.O look and feel. Top work guys, seems to be running really quickly too.

Probably good to mention that we're currently running without optimisation, which we did actually have on the old server.

We're going to need to get someone in to add that for us, along with a few other things. Search will be shit for a while as well, unfortunately.

However, the good news is things are supposed to be 30%+ faster when those things are done, so it will only get better.

Guest Howaythetoon

Honestlty, this new looks is superb, I personally really like it, on the old layout I found it hard to scan a thread, now its much easier. The contrast feels right. By optimisation, what do you mean by that?

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way are we going to have that spell checker thing that adds a red squiggly line underneath a mispelt word on this version? Always thought that was a class feature of the old layout.

M4, Neesy's quote in your sig - just reliving it and it gets funnier the more I look at it. :lol:

I've almost taken it off several times... but then I really read it again, and it just has to stay :D

Honestlty, this new looks is superb, I personally really like it, on the old layout I found it hard to scan a thread, now its much easier. The contrast feels right. By optimisation, what do you mean by that?

You can get things installed onto the server which make this forum software run a lot more efficiently. Speeds everything up massive amounts on forums as big as this one.

By the way are we going to have that spell checker thing that adds a red squiggly line underneath a mispelt word on this version? Always thought that was a class feature of the old layout.

I think that's a browser feature, isn't it? If you spell a word wrong does your browser not automatically underline it?

Makes the in-board spellcheck feature slightly redundant and saves us from having to do more installation stuff.