Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You just install it as a forum mod which installs a bunch of scripts, then you check the permissions are 755. That's it, the only proper settings relate to registration and spam control. The plugin hasn't been updated by Tapatalk in yonks now, unlike the app. It does feel like a cache problem, but then it was playing up before I even changed any of that on this server.

yeah, feeds for me work fine but loading any of the sections themselves loads for ages.

Can someone try this to see if it works for Tapatalk on Android for them? I searched for "Tap..." in a file manager and found a folder called "com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity". Delete that and all it's contents. Restart Tapatalk and it recreates everything it needs to, after that the forums seem to come back. Might just be me but possibly the app is leaving something behind even when you un/reinstall.

Can someone try this to see if it works for Tapatalk on Android for them? I searched for "Tap..." in a file manager and found a folder called "com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity". Delete that and all it's contents. Restart Tapatalk and it recreates everything it needs to, after that the forums seem to come back. Might just be me but possibly the app is leaving something behind even when you un/reinstall.

Ignore that, it only worked for a few minutes and back to being stuck...

Fwiw, I can't recall a single time (other than when it was down for maintenance obvs) that this wasn't running smooth AF. That's on both mobile (not Tapatalk) and the laptop (Windows 10/Chrome).

Guest Open_C

What's the forum approved old version of tapatalk?  Might give that a go to see if it's just the new versions of tapatalk which don't work (which would not come as much of a surprise tbh)

Guest Open_C

:thup:

Ah wey, will just have to live with it then.  I fucking hate using the full site on a phone, like.  If only the mobile site didn't get rid of the ability to jump to the last read post after you've done it once, I would just use that happily.. bizarre that there's a "jump to new" button which works once and then reverts to "go to the very start of the thread"

Ive tried clearing the cache and data and reinstalling Tapattalk a couple of times but each time when I redownload the app it logs me straight in, so it's obviousaly not clearing the data and cache entirely. That might be the issue. I'll have a play around with what needs sorting with a reinstall and see if I can find anything extra today.

Ive tried clearing the cache and data and reinstalling Tapattalk a couple of times but each time when I redownload the app it logs me straight in, so it's obviousaly not clearing the data and cache entirely. That might be the issue. I'll have a play around with what needs sorting with a reinstall and see if I can find anything extra today.

Try stop being a nonce.

Try stop being a nonce.

:lol: