Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Posting is a big problem for me at the moment on both computers I use regularly at two different homes. It grinds to a halt as I type in the box, and takes ages for the text to appear. I've resorted to typing posts on notepad and copying them over.

Are you on Chrome?

Aye. Is there an easy fix?

In relative terms, yeah. It's fine like, still functional, but not as lightening quick as it was, posting and editing takes longer, and the search function just times out.

What platform is this on please, and what/where are you searching? Just done ten different searches in Windows and it took no more than 20 seconds each time to search the entire forum for a single particular word. Which isn't bad considering it's checking nearly 6million posts. Searching 'Ashley' took less than 10 seconds to return over 1,500 posts.

Posting is a big problem for me at the moment on both computers I use regularly at two different homes. It grinds to a halt as I type in the box, and takes ages for the text to appear. I've resorted to typing posts on notepad and copying them over.

Are you on Chrome?

Aye. Is there an easy fix?

Nowt to do with the forum.

There's a Chrome update in the process of being rolled out, make sure you've got it.

I'm on version 65.0.3325.146.

Updating Chrome solved any issues I was having with lag on the forum particularly when writing posts.

If anyone is running a version earlier than 65.0.3325.146 and is experiencing issues, updating it should sort it all out :thup:

Guest Howaythetoon

Much faster last few hours, so good even my posts are good. Seriously though Dave again, top work keeping N.O going.

Haven't changed anything at all since Monday. :lol: Still reading up on what can be tweaked.

Cheers for all the kind messages though.

Edit: changed some database settings tonight, more in the pipeline once I understand them better.

The unread post feed works OK but the individual forums still won't load. Don't much care now I've figured out the mobile theme.

How does tapatalk work? Is it just reading the site via the app or is it processed elsewhere somehow?