Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What did support say?

'As we checked, your forum is working on Tapatalk. Can you pls. send me a screenshot/example of the reported issue? Thank you.'

I've explained it the best I can. Can only assume they've experienced this:

Can someone try this to see if it works for Tapatalk on Android for them? I searched for "Tap..." in a file manager and found a folder called "com.quoord.tapatalkpro.activity". Delete that and all it's contents. Restart Tapatalk and it recreates everything it needs to, after that the forums seem to come back. Might just be me but possibly the app is leaving something behind even when you un/reinstall.

Ignore that, it only worked for a few minutes and back to being stuck...

I think it's a server configuration thing. It can't be the cache because it was broken the instant we were back after the migration, it was ages after that before I started messing with stuff.

Ive tried clearing the cache and data and reinstalling Tapattalk a couple of times but each time when I redownload the app it logs me straight in, so it's obviousaly not clearing the data and cache entirely. That might be the issue. I'll have a play around with what needs sorting with a reinstall and see if I can find anything extra today.

Try stop being a nonce.

:lol:

Absolutely. I put it on my phone recently to test it for myself and it's absolutely awful compared to the older, more streamlined versions. Adverts everywhere as well, fuck that.

Leaning towards getting rid altogether tbh.

Voted no, what's the benefit of removing it altogether?

I'm using it the same way I was, personally.

100%!

I used to just view the Football and Chat forums but as you say, it's fine just looking at the unread or create a subscribed list on discussions!

Guest firetotheworks

If Tapatalk goes it'll massively reduce my interaction with the forum tbh. I'm sure that's a positive for some people :lol: but maybe others will be the same. In a way I hope you get rid of it so I can stop spending so much time on here.

Voted no, what's the benefit of removing it altogether?

It'd stop triggering me.

:lol: I think the complaints will die down tbh and people will just get used to the functionality that's there.

Also Tapatalk love an update so they'll probably do one soon that either fixes it or causes a load of new problems :lol:

Doesn't make any sense to switch it off anyway imo and I reckon a lot of the Yes votes will be from anti-Tapatalk WANKERS tbh.

There are people still using it for the news feed, which if you're interested in all of the boards is the easiest way to use it anyway.

On Tapatalk so can't see the vote :yao: but if it's too bin Tapatalk access off entirely for the forum then I vote absolutely not. Broken Tapatalk still better than not having it.

Mojo for President.

Probably been asked 100 times but is there a way of viewing the most recent post, or new posts quickly on mobile?

Oh and I still. Any see what I'm typing. 🤷🏼‍♂️

non mobile edit: "Oh and I still can't see what I'm typing ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"