Forum Service Issues and Updates

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd definitely recommend trying out the mobile theme, those struggling on Tapatalk. It's really quite good.

The link is down at the bottom of each forum page. You can easily switch back at any time.

The 'new' button does that on fullsite?

Tapatalk's definitely better for this as there's a view where you only see threads with unread posts, ordered by latest post.

You can do that on the full site by clicking on the NUFC shirt from the main index.

Tapatalk's definitely better for this as there's a view where you only see threads with unread posts, ordered by latest post.

You can do that on the full site by clicking on the NUFC shirt from the main index.

By board though?  The Tapatalk unread tab on the news feed is a view of unread posts, regardless of board. 

Regardless I wouldn't use the full site on a mobile.  Cheers though.

That's sort of why I find Tapatalk better in a nutshell, I'm not using the full site on a mobile and remember the mobile site being a bit fiddly in terms of getting to latest post etc.  This news feed on Tapatalk is definitely the best mobile experience IMO.

By board though?  The Tapatalk unread tab on the news feed is a view of unread posts, regardless of board. 

Regardless I wouldn't use the full site on a mobile.  Cheers though.

That's sort of why I find Tapatalk better in a nutshell, I'm not using the full site on a mobile and remember the mobile site being a bit fiddly in terms of getting to latest post etc.  This news feed on Tapatalk is definitely the best mobile experience IMO.

Fair enough. :thup:

Mobile site is fine for getting to a new post, you just tap at the arrow to the right. Bit annoying that there's no link for getting back there once you've read the thread though.

Bear in mind that I've only used default settings and/or configurations I've taken from elsewhere for the caching etc. Need to look at how they can be tweaked to suit our server.

Guest Howaythetoon

I’m on it using my iPad at the moment so don’t know if it’s my internet, but it can take a good few seconds to load a post and also to post. Yesterday it was almost instant. Probably the server scared I’m about to write a mega post...  :scared:

Posting is a big problem for me at the moment on both computers I use regularly at two different homes. It grinds to a halt as I type in the box, and takes ages for the text to appear. I've resorted to typing posts on notepad and copying them over.

Posting is a big problem for me at the moment on both computers I use regularly at two different homes. It grinds to a halt as I type in the box, and takes ages for the text to appear. I've resorted to typing posts on notepad and copying them over.

Are you on Chrome?