Tottenham 2 - 0 Newcastle United - 28/12/10 - post match reaction from page 27

Dave

It's seems crazy now - that we as fans - wouldn't accept Harry Redknapp managing our team after Allardyce. 

yeah, was thinking about that earlier today. The one thing Ashley tried to do right and he couldn't pull it off. :facepalm:

I hold my hands up though....

Maybe Pardew will reverse the trend so we beat the poor teams but lose to the better ones.

The only thing Pardew is going to reverse is NUFC being in the premiership.

Seconded.

Aye, after games v Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.  3 of the top 7 last season anyone can make that judgement.  Total lunacy.

What is, your sentence structure? What the f*** does the second one mean? It's like The Times cryptic crossword man.

How ppl can judge a manager is going to take us down after his 1st 3 games are against 3 of the top 7 from last season.  May as well judge any manager on single games at that rate.

He relegated Charlton and was odds on for getting West Ham relegated. He's a shit manager with poor tactical knowledge and no idea about man management.

Maybe Pardew will reverse the trend so we beat the poor teams but lose to the better ones.

Seconded.

Aye, after games v Liverpool, Man City and Spurs.  3 of the top 7 last season anyone can make that judgement.  Total lunacy.

What is, your sentence structure? What the f*** does the second one mean? It's like The Times cryptic crossword man.

How ppl can judge a manager is going to take us down after his 1st 3 games are against 3 of the top 7 from last season.  May as well judge any manager on single games at that rate.

He relegated Charlton and was odds on for getting West Ham relegated. He's a s*** manager with poor tactical knowledge and no idea about man management.

He took charge of Charlton when they were rock bottom I think, tbf.

Guest neesy111

Seconded.

He relegated Charlton and was odds on for getting West Ham relegated. He's a shit manager with poor tactical knowledge and no idea about man management.

Ian Holloway relegated Leicester, that make him a shit manager then.  Charlton were already going down any-case.  Again you putting what your views are ahead of what you saying and being biased in the whole situation.

Seconded.

He relegated Charlton and was odds on for getting West Ham relegated. He's a s*** manager with poor tactical knowledge and no idea about man management.

Ian Holloway relegated Leicester, that make him a s*** manager then.  Charlton were already going down any-case.  Again you putting what your views are ahead of what you saying and being biased in the whole situation.

I'm putting what my views ahead of what I am saying... All I can say is what my views are. What a ridiculous comment, unless you meant something else in which case I think you should think more carefully before typing.  :thup:

The Ian Holloway reference is pointless to be honest, he did relegate Leicester but he has shown with Blackpool that he has tactical ability and decent man management skills. As I understand Pardew did alright with Reading before leaving for and ultimately being fired by West Ham - deservedly so as well. He had an alright start and a cup run but they looked terrible near the end. He may have not being the main reason for Charlton being relegated given where they were when he took over, but going into the championship with the team favourites to win it, finishing 11th and then going on the season after that to be hated by the fans for his negative tactics before getting fired kinda balances it out. Finally, Southampton. He did alright with them, won a cup which is fair play.. but then was fired. Why was this? According to reports it's because of low player morale and dressing room discontent. According to locals on the inner track it's because he was banging one of his players' wives. Classy.

This man is not good enough to manage NUFC, or any other team with long term premiership aspirations. He has no dignity and no class. He will ultimately relegate us because he seems unable to maintain a dressing room spirit (unlike Hughton) or approach games with a positive, attacking attitude (unlike Hughton - arguably).

Missed Jose so much today.  Don't think Perch crossed into their half today and when he did it was only to cut back and pass it inside.  Meant Jonas was completely isolated and we had no threat down the left.

Routledge was absolutely abysmal today.  His touch is awful and I can't work out why he keeps on coming to get the ball with his back to goal.  He can't hold the ball up because he is so weak and his touch isn't good enough to lay it off first time.  He needs to play to his strengths i.e. get the ball facing the full back and run at him.

Generally our team needs to learn to attack with more pace.  We need to encourage our wingers and central midfielders to either shift the ball quickly or, if they can't do that, head for space when they see it.  We are so ponderous with the ball at times, it's embarrassing.

Guest JamesyJazz

Ok,we were beaten 2-0,their first goal was class,could Perch have closed Lennon down quicker?The second was a speculative hard driven cross that any forward would have been proud of.

We played well but lacked any sort of service from the wings.For once Bartons set pieces were poor.

No disgrace in todays result,we will not go down,nor will we be top 6.

We are a couple of players(and an in depth squad)away from being a top 5 side,keep the faith and we will get there.

Ok,we were beaten 2-0,their first goal was class,could Perch have closed Lennon down quicker?The second was a speculative hard driven cross that any forward would have been proud of.

We played well but lacked any sort of service from the wings.For once Bartons set pieces were poor.

We are a couple of players(and an in depth squad)away from being a top 5 side,keep the faith and we will get there.

Woah.. I did agree with all of that however we are a long, long way from being top 5 side.  This is still, for the most part, the team that had got us relegated after all.

I'm guessing by the last 7 pages of fist shaking and :frantic: I just read, that the second half didn't go well? :lol:

Anyone care to explain how a decent first half performance turned into this?

Guest JamesyJazz

Woah.. I did agree with all of that however we are a long, long way from being top 5 side.  This is still, for the most part, the team that had got us relegated after all.

No this isn't the same team that got us relagated,the attitude has changed,they play as a team and for the shirt,more than could be said for Duff,Martins and Owen.

But we are still 2-3 players away from being a top 5 side.

I'm guessing by the last 7 pages of fist shaking and :frantic: I just read, that the second half didn't go well? :lol:

Anyone care to explain how a decent first half performance turned into this?

First half we done surprisingly well, second half we let in a disappointing goal then they got a player sent off, so we have a chance here! Brilliant. So Pardew takes off Jonas for Ranger but leaves Smith and Tiote on, we decide it will be better to just lump it forward at every given opportunity. This resulted in the ball going out of play, the defenders clearing every time and wasting possession.

Basically we were given a big chance to get back in the game but did everything we could to ensure we didn't.