Wigan vs Newcastle United pre game thread - Sun 2nd Jan at 4pm (live on Sky)

Guest Tall Striker

Detest managers like him, more interested in having grown men act like obedient schoolboys than winning games.

Hughton didn't start Ranger once in the PL.

What's that got to do with Wullie's post?

Everyone else can figure it out.

Aye. It's a straw man.

ay

Think that with Nolan and Barton both playing we really have a chance. Lovenkrands will be shit, ok. But I honestly think Shola can score a goal today as he's been out for a couple of games now.

yep that's the shola way.

any news of wigan's lineup?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

No one expected Ranger to start so I don't see the hysteria over why he isn't

Me neither.

Just gonna edit that to brackets- Wrong word :lol:

Y'know what I mean :)

I could slightly understand Lovenkrands at home but playing him away from the start, madness.

agreed. ranger's pace, power and general hassling in all areas of the pitch are beneficial to a side playing away. you would've thought it would be one second striker (ranger) with one goal threat (shola or loven) instead of the latter two together.

No Gosling on the bench.

Not a bad line-up, 4-4-2. The two strikers are poor though. Not like there's much else you can do though. Ranger might be marginally better, but I expect to see him from 60 minutes onwards at the latest.

What is Pardew's thing for Steven Taylor all about? I know he's inept but you think someone at the club might have had a word, for instance someone like Steve Stone, that Williamson is a way more solid option. Although he has got more "experience", which obviously supersedes talent (see Lovenkrands, Ameobi ahead of Ranger). I hate the fact that he's our manager.

I could slightly understand Lovenkrands at home but playing him away from the start, madness.

agreed. ranger's pace, power and general hassling in all areas of the pitch are beneficial to a side playing away. you would've thought it would be one second striker (ranger) with one goal threat (shola or loven) instead of the latter two together.

couldn't agree more. When Ranger plays away he actually gets on the ball and influences the game occaisionally. Rarely if ever see this from Lovenkrands, even when we were dicking Chelsea he barely touched the ball.

Lovenkrands starting...

http://files.sharenator.com/FUUUU_RE_FFFFFUUUU_Pizza-s508x387-44250-580.jpg

Its our strongest 11 bar Carroll. (and Hatem), we have a good chance. The Zog is a massive loss for them.

Yes, but replacing Carroll and Hatem with Shola and Loven is like replacing Rooney and Berbatov with a boat anchor.

Yeah..... but we dont have anyone else to replace them with?

Fairly happy with that side barring Lovenkrands.

Not surprised about Ranger's omission, but still feel like Pardew has shown poor man-management and/or team selection here (given the problems we've seen Ranger give defences lately).