Asian Cup 2011

oldtype

If he had gone to a small club in Russia or something similar in Europe 4 years ago when his talent was really starting to shine through he would be an even better player after years at a higher standard of football. Missed opportunity

Wow

That Ali lad from Qatar isn't bad at all.

Very disappointing from China, they came into this tournament with a lot of promise but they haven't been showing it. No fight whatsoever.

2-0 at ht is very good for Qatar. Bruno Metsu has them playing well, but they could still throw it away 2nd half.

2 excellent goals btw

Wow

That Ali lad from Qatar isn't bad at all.

Very disappointing from China, they came into this tournament with a lot of promise but they haven't been showing it. No fight whatsoever.

2-0 at ht is very good for Qatar. Bruno Metsu has them playing well, but they could still throw it away 2nd half.

2 excellent goals btw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yusef_Ahmed

Two brilliant goals from their 22-year-old captain. I've never heard of him before now but he looks like a real player.

Would love to see China get a reminder that they're terrible at this by dropping out of the group stages.

But I want to see Qatar crash and burn as well.

I've just realized that South Korea, Uzbekistan, Australia, and India are the only teams in this tournament I don't hate with a passion :lol:

Would love to see China get a reminder that they're terrible at this by dropping out of the group stages.

I've just realized that South Korea, Uzbekistan, Australia, and India are the only teams in this tournament I don't hate with a passion :lol:

You won't win this tournament

anyone catch iraq vs iran? by far the most superior match in terms of quality until now. it was all iraq throughout, but iran managed to nick it

Yep watched it yesterday, thought Iraq were unlucky as they played well and had  the game well in hand but rubbish defending lost it. Iran not imprest with them, having said that they've had a good a good run against Iraq but whether it continues against them is open to question, the Iraq No10 looked canny but not sure where he normally plays.

anyone catch iraq vs iran? by far the most superior match in terms of quality until now. it was all iraq throughout, but iran managed to nick it

Yep watched it yesterday, thought Iraq were unlucky as they played well and had  the game well in hand but rubbish defending lost it. Iran not imprest with them, having said that they've had a good a good run against Iraq but whether it continues against them is open to question, the Iraq No10 looked canny but not sure where he normally plays.

That would be Younes Mahmoud? Credited with their goal when it was actually the no.7's Emad. Iraq are a great attacking outfit

Why the hell would you hate Bahrain?

Why the hell would you hate Bahrain?

His Arabic haterd mini-rants are pretty pathetic and immature, tbh. I remember him doing the same thing during the last Asian Cup. (He even thought Iranian were Arabic! :facepalm:)

Boring, change the record, ffs.

It seems I've stumbled across something of a grudge from N-O's GCC contingent :lol:

If you don't like my mini-rants here's a full on one. Arabic players dive and play-act so much they make Stevie G look honest. Arabic  teams play 10 behind the ball and then engage in disgraceful time wasting until the final whistle the minute they nick a goal.  Arabic refs blatantly favor Arabic teams to an embarrassing degree for both international and club competitions. And Arabic nations have used their money and influence to wrest control of AFC and ensure that a blind eye is turned to all of this time and time again.

If you can't take the banter just get out.

And fuck me I'm honestly curious here, if they're not Arabic what on Earth is the proper cultural and geographical classification to be used for Iran? Enlighten me.

It seems I've stumbled across something of a grudge from N-O's GCC contingent :lol:

If you don't like my mini-rants here's a full on one. Arabic players dive and play-act so much they make Stevie G look honest. Arabic  teams play 10 behind the ball and then engage in disgraceful time wasting until the final whistle the minute they nick a goal.  Arabic refs blatantly favor Arabic teams to an embarrassing degree for both international and club competitions. And Arabic nations have used their money and influence to wrest control of AFC and ensure that a blind eye is turned to all of this time and time again.

And f*** me I'm honestly curious here, if they're not Arabic what on Earth is the proper cultural and geographical classification to be used for Iran? Enlighten me.

Majority of Iranians are Persian, not Arab.

And f*** me I'm honestly curious here, if they're not Arabic what on Earth is the proper cultural and geographical classification to be used for Iran? Enlighten me.

Majority of Iranians are Persian, not Arab.

I Apologize for being culturally insensitive, but majority of non-Arabs don't know the difference.

Seriously, there's nothing sinister here. Just saying that most people from other places in the world wouldn't know the difference between Persian and Arabic, just like none of you would be interested if I gave you my two hour spiel on how Koreans are ethnically and culturally distinct from the Chinese.

West and East Asia are just as bad as each other too be honest.

If you don't like us, I'm sure OFC would welcome you back with open arms :lol:

Seriously, there's nothing sinister here. Just saying that most people from other places in the world wouldn't know the difference between Persian and Arabic, just like none of you would be interested if I gave you my two hour spiel on how Koreans are ethnically and culturally distinct from the Chinese.

On the other hand, many people are informed and inquisitive - some people might even understand the difference in connotation between "no difference between Koreans and Chinese" as opposed to "no difference between Koreans and Japanese"...

On the other hand, many people are informed and inquisitive - some people might even understand the difference in connotation between "no difference between Koreans and Chinese" as opposed to "no difference between Koreans and Japanese"...

I don't actually find either of the two particularly more offensive than the other.

For the record though, fuck you Sam Huntington. :angry:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/2/2f/20081221224608!Clash_of_Civilizations_map.png