Rooney

2sheds

Guest guinness_fiend

Agreed.  This thread is comedy gold.

Aye, because he's setting the world alight atm :thup:

That's not what the thread is about though, is it?

Hard to believe Rooney is only 25 - looks(and now plays)as if he were 10 years older.

If he doesn't pick up his form soon, and that means general play rather than just goals, he WILL be on a major decline. Not convinced we have heard the last of his personal/marriage issues yet either.

Right now, I wouldn't put a tenner on him being the player he was a year or so ago - odds are on him ending up as the new Gazza rather than the new Shearer. Will lose his England place to Carroll within 2 years if he doesn't get his act together.

Living testimony to overpaid and under-intelligent footballers.... if Bentley would benefit by a move away from London, Rooney would doubly-benefit by a move away from England - IF he has the intelligence to make the most of it.

Fabregas is a far, far bigger cheat, tbh.

You're wrong.

He's not they're just different kinds of cheat. Rooney is a just a bit of general bell whereas Fabregas is your architypal snide cunt.

Guest Chubby Jason

I wouldn't be surprised if his PR manager recommended that he go down "injured" yesterday just to get back up and finish the game despite looking crocked to prove his "passion" and "commitment". Andy Gray actually described him as "being from the old school" when that happened. I don't really remember players in the 70's & 80's threatening to walk out on clubs unless they were granted a quarter million a week contracts, disrespecting and humiliating the club and his team mates in the process.

He's a horrible scum bag in my opinion. To say that he's finished at 25 though is a bit daft. He will be back, but, at the risk of sounding spiteful; long may this bad form continue.

I wouldn't be surprised if his PR manager recommended that he go down "injured" yesterday just to get back up and finish the game despite looking crocked to prove his "passion" and "commitment". Andy Gray actually described him as "being from the old school" when that happened. I don't really remember players in the 70's & 80's threatening to walk out on clubs unless they were granted a quarter million a week contracts, disrespecting and humiliating the club and his team mates in the process.

He's a horrible scum bag in my opinion. To say that he's finished at 25 though is a bit daft. He will be back, but, at the risk of sounding spiteful; long may this bad form continue.

Yeah, surely.  :rolleyes:

Rooney has been decent last 2 or 3 games anyway.

Aye. I think he had games where he has been poorer last season and just scored a goal or two. This season just the goals are missing but his performances have been good imo.

Guest Chubby Jason

Yes, how ridiculous, his behaviour is usually so exemplary.

Guest Howaythetoon

By the way, when I say he's finished I don't mean in a Michael Owen way, I just mean he'll never be that great player or world-class player again type of player his ability certainly makes him or did capable of being. Which to be fair, for a while he was. Like I said, too many outside factors and none footballing issues are or will always have an effect on his game in a  detrimental way. I think more than most he could do with a career move outside of the Premier League.

Did Andy Gray say that? Clearly in on it, too. Bet he got paid for that little line :snod:

As if Rooney could remember all that :lol: