David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

You don't realise that we're comparing him to what we already have KD.

Fair enough mate.

From what i've seen Jonas can dribble past players better than Bentley, and Taylor takes a better set piece.

Take note people, for you have been warned by somebody who has seen more of him recently than all of us combined..

And someone who's clearly seen far less of Jonas and Taylor than we have. Enough of your bullshit.

Fair enough mate.

From what i've seen Jonas can dribble past players better than Bentley, and Taylor takes a better set piece.

Take note people, for you have been warned by somebody who has seen more of him recently than all of us combined..

Go back to 2001 and ask Coventry fans about Bellamy.

A change in clubs can make a world of difference to some players

Better crosser than Routledge. The only question is, will he recover his old form? There is isn't going to be that much available in Jan anyway and he looks like a fair gamble. God knows we need ot fill the squad out.

Fair enough mate.

And someone who's clearly seen far less of Jonas and Taylor than we have. Enough of your bullshit.

It's a good thing you really rate both players he mentions.. Are you suggesting you can see through a Spurs bit part player's shitness on the odd occasion you happen to see them play and he's actually involved, but KD can not when it concerns our players..? Man, you can't even properly evaluate a player's ability in the team you support yourself (Carroll and others), so pardon me if I discard your opinion on this player as slightly less respectable than KD's..

Fair enough mate.

:lol:

What a tit.

Fair enough mate.

It's a good thing you really rate both players he mentions.. Are you suggesting you can see through a Spurs bit part player's shitness on the odd occasion you happen to see them play and he's actually involved, but KD can not when it concerns our players..? Man, you can't even properly evaluate a player's ability in the team you support yourself (Carroll and others), so pardon me if I discard your opinion on this player as slightly less respectable than KD's..

KD was actually posting on here, doing his usual stand-up routine during Spurs' FA Cup Semi in April. He's the last Spurs fan i'd ask for an opinion on Spurs players.

Fair enough mate.

KD was actually posting on here, doing his usual stand-up routine during Spurs' FA Cup Semi in May. He's the last Spurs fan i'd ask for an opinion on Spurs players.

So what.. You yourself seem to be posting on here 24/7 but even so you claim to follow every football league under the sun to the greatest level of detail..  :crazy2:

Fair enough mate.

KD was actually posting on here, doing his usual stand-up routine during Spurs' FA Cup Semi in May. He's the last Spurs fan i'd ask for an opinion on Spurs players.

So what.. You yourself seem to be posting on here 24/7 but even so you claim to follow every football league in the universe to the greatest level of detail..  :crazy2:

FYP.

Keep it up, man. You're the one who seems to be determined to make the thread about me. The thing is, i've never claimed to know the first thing about any league outside of England's top two/three tiers or La Liga. Don't even watch Serie A any longer.

Always thought Bentley was a good player, just needs a good run of games in a team to show his potential like at Blackburn

The real problem at Spurs is that Harry just fancies Lennon as a better option and has stuck with him. Not getting games affects all players and Bentley is no different. I don't thiink there is any mystery here and run of games with a new side is probably all he needs to get his career back on track. Still think he is a good player.

The reason we are doing better this season than two years ago with players who have less prestigious careers than the playes we had is down to mentality.

Our team has the mentality both as individuals and as a team to do well this year, but we need to make sure that as we improve our squad, the players that come in believe they can do well and will not cause disharmony within the team.

I remember people laughed when I expressed concern about signing Ben Arfa on the basis that I felt we needed playes that wouldn't upset the team, as it would be the personalities of the Nolans the Carrolls and the Bartons that would keep us up. Turns out I was right on the latter point. However I now reckon our team spirit is so strong that we can absorb the occasional Ben Arfa type player, make them feel wanted and loved, and therefore make them part of the team.

I don't have worries that Bentley would cause disharmony within the team. However his mental weakness from what others describe is the opposite to Ben Arfa in that it seems to be about his own ability and is a confidence player. For that reason I don't think this is the right club for him. The strength of the team spirit couldn't give Perch the confidence to step up, and if the description of him is accurate playing well at st James Park after a blip in form may be beyond him. For that reason he'd be doing well for Blackburn or Bolton, but not for us, Spurs or West Ham.

What a load of insane rubbish.

Putting it mildly.

I didn't even read it because I knew it would be :lol:

Can take a guess, James long post = inane ramblings, looking far too much into things and making up a load of nonsense to try and make it look deep and intellectual.

Did you really not read it? Because you are 100% spot on :lol:

Honestly didn't, it's just James isn't it? :lol: he could get 4,000 words out explaining how the way the wind comes into sjp affects Carroll's heading ability which is why he scores more/less headers at home.

Guest Kenton Magpie

Voted no, simple reason is I dont rate him but I'm not the one calling the shots at the club so my opinion means fuck all

James Milner was useless and the majority would have been happy just to get our money back on him, a couple even suggested just letting him go to get him off the books.

Sometimes the opinion of fans at the players clubs isn't always unclouded.

The signing of Gosling is also similar to some thinking £4m would have been enough for Carroll last season ie both looked to have talent but weren't the finished article after a couple of dozen starts so weren't worth keeping.

Not saying the opinions on the two are incorrect, just saying sometimes fans can be overly harsh when judging their own players like we have been ourselves at times.

I demand you name and shame these morons.

Not sure where we are at but Bentley is better than Jonas & Routledge. As for Ryan Taylor being able to take a better set piece it is completely irrelevant as Ryan Taylor is not a better right back than Simpson so it is very unlikely he is going to be on the pitch to take a kick.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Keep it up, man. You're the one who seems to be determined to make the thread about me. The thing is, i've never claimed to know the first thing about any league outside of England's top two/three tiers or La Liga. Don't even watch Serie A any longer.

I actually think Ronaldo's quite a good poster tbh.

James Milner was useless and the majority would have been happy just to get our money back on him, a couple even suggested just letting him go to get him off the books.

Sometimes the opinion of fans at the players clubs isn't always unclouded.

The signing of Gosling is also similar to some thinking £4m would have been enough for Carroll last season ie both looked to have talent but weren't the finished article after a couple of dozen starts so weren't worth keeping.

Not saying the opinions on the two are incorrect, just saying sometimes fans can be overly harsh when judging their own players like we have been ourselves dat times.

I demand you name and shame these morons.

I will have a look tomorrow, I am 90% sure on one who did though :lol:

Arguably, his best-known act as a Spurs player was pouring a bucket of cold water over Redknapp as Tottenham celebrated clinching a Champions League berth

Very arguably considering he scored that 50 yarder against Arsenal