David Bentley joins Birmingham City on loan

jdckelly
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Was Bentley the player someone went mental over because they stood still and readjusted their hair instead of tackling a player right in front of them?  :lol:

Games    Goals  Assists

2006–07     36     4       11

2007–08      37     6       11

More than a good couple of months like.

That's very good stats.

and stats are all they are. poor passes and mis hit shots become assists.

Eh?

assists mean nowt, a poor pass to someone who scores will be counted as an assist, sholas header against the mackems 8yds out unmarked and going wide because nolan was there was an assist when in reality it was a poor header.

If he comes in and sticks 11 s*** passes on the heed of Nolan or AC9. Will you care about quality?

of course i would, luck doesn't last.

Lasted 2 seasons based on them stats

and he casrried blackburn for about 3 months, his last few months at blackburn he was ordinary and lived on what he's done previously and has been poor in 2 or 3 seasons at spurs ?

Isn't he injured much of the time?

And Redknapp insists he will not be coming to White Hary Lane just to make up the numbers.

He added: "We've got no-one else to play on the right.

"David Bentley keeps picking up injuries on Friday morning. It's a no brainer."

That's how much Harry rates Bentley (that quote was from today btw).

Is Thursday student night down Tottenham way?

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

assists mean nowt, a poor pass to someone who scores will be counted as an assist, sholas header against the mackems 8yds out unmarked and going wide because nolan was there was an assist when in reality it was a poor header.

If he comes in and sticks 11 s*** passes on the heed of Nolan or AC9. Will you care about quality?

and he casrried blackburn for about 3 months, his last few months at blackburn he was ordinary and lived on what he's done previously and has been poor in 2 or 3 seasons at spurs ?

Tbf, he rarely gets a chance at Spurs and isn't rated by the manager. Were not exactly over-flowing with quality wingers, we've got...none. Worth a punt in my eyes

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He certainly can't be any worse than Routledge.

Don't. That's the type of challenge Bentley will accept!

Guest BooBoo

I think if he's the sort of player that's playing every week, he's an asset. As a squad player, he's not ideal given his ego.

I think if he's the sort of player that's playing every week, he's an asset. As a squad player, he's not ideal given his ego.

Aye. Being a big fish at Blackburn seemed to suit him better.

Games    Goals  Assists

That's very good stats.

Eh?

Tbf, he rarely gets a chance at Spurs and isn't rated by the manager. Were not exactly over-flowing with quality wingers, we've got...none. Worth a punt in my eyes

ah aye, worth a punt depending on price etc. i was just saying my bit in response to someone saying it would be a brilliant signing and someone else classing his crossing as superb.....in fact my reaction was,  "Hmmm not so sure", not "for gods sake no he's shite"

If true, this would be a great signing. I think if he's playing regularly every week, we can reap the benefits of a on-form Bentley (like he was at Blackburn).

It's important not to forget that he's doesn't start at Spurs, and so his attitude/ego suffer when he just gets bit parts - he needs to be playing every week.

Him and HBA on the wings for April and May, and Carroll up front and we stay up IMO.

Everyone keeps saying it so my memory could be failing me but I don't remember Bentley being a particularly slow player. Not the quickest like, but a fair turn of pace. ???

He's not slow at all, he's not lightning but his vision and crossing ability makes up for it. He's a much more useful winger then Routledge & Jonas put together.

He's the exact opposite of those two in that he doesn't dribble much but he's quite intelligent in his use of the ball and has end product. I just can't see Ashley paying the sort of fee or wages he'd command so don't believe this is genuine.

Guest kingdawson

It would be interesting to see what kingdawson has to say about this, as he's seen him play a lot more than any of us have recently.

Was trying to search for my analysis of Bentley that i posted on here a while back but no luck. Ok to cut it short, i think you should stay clear tbh.

He's slow and makes very weird decisions. He goes on the outside but as soon as he beats the fb (very rarely i may add), he goes back on the inside. It's truley baffling stuff. His crosses are overrated too but i can't fault his atitude. Hasn't complained once about rotting on the bench (altough that might actually be a bad thing). His set pieces are ridiculously bad, i mean really bad.

He does track back though and usually puts in a good shift defensively but if the choice is him or SWP....I'd take SWP no contest.

Would take Larsson over Bentley.

Bentley a very underwhelming move, if true.

Whoosh right?

Bentley is ideal.

I'd take Larsson over Bentley to be honest. Less Hollywood, but much more effective and professional..

Read somewhere that Birmingham were looking for possible replacements for Larsson who hasn't signed a new contract. That's who we'll go for IMO.