Beckham to join toon?

geordiemonster

He knows we stand no chance of getting Beckham, so making it look as though there's something in it without actually saying 'WE WANT BECKHAM' makes it look as though we're in the race for high quality players (ala Modric situation). In reality, he's probably sat on his arse eating hob nobs and watching YouTube videos of Kevin Phillips.

:mackems:

He knows we stand no chance of getting Beckham, so making it look as though there's something in it without actually saying 'WE WANT BECKHAM' makes it look as though we're in the race for high quality players (ala Modric situation). In reality, he's probably sat on his arse eating hob nobs and watching YouTube videos of Kevin Phillips.

Modric actually trained with us though.

Was due to sign until droopy faced cunt tapped him up and his Mrs heard London club and that was that.

Was due to sign until droopy faced cunt tapped him up and his Mrs heard London club and that was that.

That, and the fact Ashley wouldn't pay the money in the end.

London v Newcastle?

For Beckham there's only one winner.

Not sure about that.. permanent move I would agree but a loan deal where Posh will stay in the States.. think he won't care.

But his family live in London. Bet he hasn't spent a decent amount of time around them for years.

London v Newcastle?

Not sure about that.. permanent move I would agree but a loan deal where Posh will stay in the States.. think he won't care.

But his family live in London. Bet he hasn't spent a decent amount of time around them for years.

That could be by choice

:lol:

He's not going to play regularly for Spuds..surely that's the whole point of him coming to England,ie to play regularly in prep for MLS.

The standard of MLS is so shyte he doesn't need to prep for it. More like a high profile opportunity to promote "Beckham the brand" and at the same time give whatever club he goes to an opportunity to pick up some extra wonga on shirt sales and gate money.

London v Newcastle?

That could be by choice

True ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304598/David-Beckhams-sister-sobs-chronic-alcoholic-lover-jailed.html

He's not going to play regularly for Spuds..surely that's the whole point of him coming to England,ie to play regularly in prep for MLS.

The standard of MLS is so shyte he doesn't need to prep for it. More like a high profile opportunity to promote "Beckham the brand" and at the same time give whatever club he goes to an opportunity to pick up some extra wonga on shirt sales and gate money.

Then if this bloke is a true ambassador for English football he wouldn't seriously consider tottenham, they are hardly struggling financially or on the football side. As has been said hes just promoting himself so we don't forget

London v Newcastle?

That could be by choice

True ...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1304598/David-Beckhams-sister-sobs-chronic-alcoholic-lover-jailed.html

Macaulay Culkin was going out with Mila Kunis!?!

Then if this bloke is a true ambassador for English football he wouldn't seriously consider tottenham, they are hardly struggling financially or on the football side. As has been said hes just promoting himself so we don't forget

True - as you say Spurs have no need. But he has a palace of a house within easy commute from Tottenham. And like all these deals everyone gets something out of it. I do actually admire Beckham a lot and he's done a lot of good for the game. He's made shitloads in the process of course.

Chairman of Tottenham Supporters' Trust Bernie Kingsley told BBC Sport on Monday that he felt it would be "dreadful" if Beckham moved to White Hart Lane, while stressing this was his own personal opinion and not representative.

"He's one of the most over-rated players in the game for a long time," said Kingsley. "He's a circus and totally about David Beckham - not [the club] who he plays for. I just don't want to see him anywhere near Tottenham.

"We have a good team and we're having a good season. If we want to continue with a squad of players that are fighting for each other, they don't need the distraction of some prima donna player who is only interested in himself.

"Yes, he's a good crosser of the ball - but his time was years ago. He's let England down in big tournaments. A football team is about 11 men on the pitch, playing as a team. I don't think he's a team player."

From BBC Football website, I agree with Bernie in terms of Newcastle

Chairman of Tottenham Supporters' Trust Bernie Kingsley told BBC Sport on Monday that he felt it would be "dreadful" if Beckham moved to White Hart Lane, while stressing this was his own personal opinion and not representative.

"He's one of the most over-rated players in the game for a long time," said Kingsley. "He's a circus and totally about David Beckham - not [the club] who he plays for. I just don't want to see him anywhere near Tottenham.

"We have a good team and we're having a good season. If we want to continue with a squad of players that are fighting for each other, they don't need the distraction of some prima donna player who is only interested in himself.

"Yes, he's a good crosser of the ball - but his time was years ago. He's let England down in big tournaments. A football team is about 11 men on the pitch, playing as a team. I don't think he's a team player."

From BBC Football website, I agree with Bernie in terms of Newcastle

I absolutely hate the fawning from the media and circus that surrounds this overrated player. Fucked off the LA Galaxy fans again. Just give up man, you're not going to play for England again and you screwed yourself over by moving to America you spacka.

Too fucking right. Can't believe that was part of his quotes. Needs to realise that it's not going to happen. He's 35 for God sake.

I agree with Bernie in the basics of I wouldn't think he'd be a worthy addition to Spuds, or maybe even us tbf, but prima donna? Not a team player? Yes, he's a big personality, but that doesn't instantly mean he's a cunt that doesn't care about his teammates. Just gone overboard to prove a point.

This is most likely to be a coincidence but I may have some ITK information, Beckham was spotted in Hein Gericke on Westgate Road today buying a jacket for his new Harley Davidson.

He's apparently in Newcastle for the match tonight.......(mind you, he could be going purely as a West Ham fan).

This is most likely to be a coincidence but I may have some ITK information, Beckham was spotted in Hein Gericke on Westgate Road today buying a jacket for his new Harley Davidson.

He's apparently in Newcastle for the match tonight.......(mind you, he could be going purely as a West Ham fan).

:frantic: