Newcastle v West Ham, Wednesday 5th January, 7.45pm

Guest toonlass

If we win this we're... ah... two points off Europe.

:cheesy:

Isn't Europe 5th this year? Is it going to be extended to 6th? Genuine question.

Depends who wins the cup competitions. It'll be brought down to 6th if a top 5 side (i.e. already qualified for Europe) wins the CC, and 7th if a top 5 side wins the FA Cup.

If we win this we're... ah... two points off Europe.

:cheesy:

Isn't Europe 5th this year? Is it going to be extended to 6th? Genuine question.

Depends on the cup winners. If the winners of both cups already have qualified for Europe through the league, the spots go to 6th and 7th.

Doesn't the runner up of the FA Cup get the European spot if the winner is already qualified (obviously providing they haven't themselves) because Millwall got in a couple of seasons ago. Don't think the same applies to the CC though. :dontknow:

Doesn't the runner up of the FA Cup get the European spot if the winner is already qualified (obviously providing they haven't themselves) because Millwall got in a couple of seasons ago. Don't think the same applies to the CC though. :dontknow:

Think they scrapped that, now you have to win it. Losers get nothing.

Guest Roger Kint

Really need to win this. Results went against us yesterday and a West Ham win would really drag us back in. If we can get 3 points thats an 8 point cushion to the bottom 3 and a big boost for the derby game.

I hope to god Lovenkrands does not play.

not a fan of Peter but i think he did alright against Wigan....worked well with Shola and got some scoring opportunities.

Deserves to start tonight. not sure best and shola will be good together?

wouldn´t be sad to see ranger start!

Lovenkrands gives us the much needed pace to allows us to hit people on the break

I'd say he's no quicker than Ranger now really. Only difference is Ranger is stronger and younger, which to me would suggest he's a better option.

Lovenkrands gives us the much needed pace to allows us to hit people on the break

I'd say he's no quicker than Ranger now really. Only difference is Ranger is stronger and younger, which to me would suggest he's a better option.

Exactly,  Also Lovenkrands finishing this season has been horrible.  My cat would have finished some of he chances he's had this season.

Exactly,  Also Lovenkrands finishing this season has been horrible.  My cat would have finished some of he chances he's had this season.

does your cat's contract run out soon?

Hopefully Ranger has changed his attitude so he can be picked by Pardew, he will most likely be picked for stevenage though

This will be a tough game. I think West Ham will come here for a point and be very compact and narrow. Probably play on the counter attack.

We could do with an early goal (or to score the first goal) to open things up abit as we play better on a edge with a lead.

Aslong as we dont make any mistakes at the back like we did against Blackburn and the two early goals against City im confident of shutting West Ham out unless we gift them goals.

I hope Shola fancies it tonight, if he doesnt put in another decent performance then we will struggle. You can never tell what performance he's going to put it and we generally struggle when having a shocker and leading the line and

1-0 toon. Come on!