Newcastle United 5 - 0 West Ham United - 05/01/11 - post match reaction from p35

Dave

bit of credit to Best - they were clinical finishes and by no means easy chances as someone suggested earlier- even the second one there were a couple of west ham players on the line.

Thought the first goal was a superb piece of finishing, a difficult angle and a very difficult height to take it, he had to be just right waiting for it to come down. A lot of strikers would have taken it sooner and put it in row Z.

Guest Bateman

Hello gents, west ham fan here.  Well that was an absolute tonking.  I know we never do well at SJP but that was beyond belief.  Went to the local and few othe hammers fans were all who the hell is best, well that showed us. 

I've always like newcastle good support and makings of a good team, good luck for the rest of the season and with Pardew, who is still well liked by most west ham fans, just hope he keeps his trousers on and probably see you again in 2012 - 2013 season...

Another very big win. Despite what people are saying about WHU being really bad, they started brightly, buckled after we scored but could have  scored 3 goals towards the end when they had a load of chances ?

Colocinni was supreme - a master at work - to think Shearer would have shipped him and Barton out if he'd got the job ??

Harper is re-assuringly calm and Tiote and Barton are so in control of the game.

And what about our 3rd or is it 4th choice centre forward ? I love watching players who are not the most naturally gifted rise above themselves through honest endeavour and hard work - well done Leon, you fit in very well with a group of players I'm proud to see representing our club.

Final word for the Hammers fans, not that many of you but credit to the way you stayed on and supported your team on a very difficult night.  You showed a certain north-east club's fans what true support is all about in the face of adversity and 5 goal hammerings.

Very true.  I thought the fans that did travel were great.

Hello gents, west ham fan here.  Well that was an absolute tonking.  I know we never do well at SJP but that was beyond belief.  Went to the local and few othe hammers fans were all who the hell is best, well that showed us. 

I've always like newcastle good support and makings of a good team, good luck for the rest of the season and with Pardew, who is still well liked by most west ham fans, just hope he keeps his trousers on and probably see you again in 2012 - 2013 season...

Thanks for that mate.

FWIW I don't think you'll go down but you're in a big fight and will have to keep scrapping right to the end.

It takes a lot of guts and heart to come on a rival fans' forum when you've just had a plastering at their place - for what it's worth, many thanks for your comments and for people like you, I hope the Hammers manage to pull out of the drop - there are far worse clubs and lots of our fans would rather see them go instead of you guys. If its any consolation, I am one of the older guys on here, and I can remember us getting tanked at Upton Park back in the 60s when you had Moore, Hurst and Peters playing for you...

the only consolation was that you beat our beloved neighbours 8-0 a year or two later.....

Its all cyclical, you will have your days again. Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Another very big win. Despite what people are saying about WHU being really bad, they started brightly, buckled after we scored but could have  scored 3 goals towards the end when they had a load of chances ?

Colocinni was supreme - a master at work - to think Shearer would have shipped him and Barton out if he'd got the job ??

Harper is re-assuringly calm and Tiote and Barton are so in control of the game.

And what about our 3rd or is it 4th choice centre forward ? I love watching players who are not the most naturally gifted rise above themselves through honest endeavour and hard work - well done Leon, you fit in very well with a group of players I'm proud to see representing our club.

Final word for the Hammers fans, not that many of you but credit to the way you stayed on and supported your team on a very difficult night.  You showed a certain north-east club's fans what true support is all about in the face of adversity and 5 goal hammerings.

Very true.  I thought the fans that did travel were great.

As did I, wasn't surprised we had the usual songs about shit support though unfortunately. Spoke to a few of their fans after the game and they were off out down the Quayside to try and cheer up. :lol:

What happened to Tiote by the way? We were searching all over for him for the last 7 or 8 minutes and then saw him reappear out of the tunnel.

He wandered to the half way line as play was ongoing, spoke to Pardew and the physio and the fourth official for about 1 minute, then came off and went down the tunnel.

right hamstring...when the ferguson stuff was going on i was alone in watching tiote going over to the bench. hopefully we got him off early enough and with 10 days rest...fingers crossed.

he'll be fine. you could tell he didnt want to come off because pardew has to tell him 2 or 3 times.

a good performance, but essentially what we've done is stuffed a very poor team at home, and i mean VERY POOR.

We've spent all season complaining about our inablity to see off the smaller teams man.

a good performance, but essentially what we've done is stuffed a very poor team at home, and i mean VERY POOR.

We've spent all season complaining about our inablity to see off the smaller teams man.

smaller? or worse? think about what you're saying.

The teams in and around us then.

well ok, but i'm still not sure what you're trying to say. losing to stoke and blackpool isnt such a great shame, they're both good teams this season imo, blackburn were doing ok at the time under allardyce and we didnt lose to fulham.

my post was just to put things in context to be honest because it's results like this that lead to some people booing when we draw at home, because they think 5-0 against west ham= 3 points against such and such.

West Ham were woeful last night, can only beat what's put in front of you though, and we did that, well. I can see where you're coming from though, many people immediately think we spanked someone so we should win our next 3 games or something along those lines.

well ok, but i'm still not sure what you're trying to say. losing to stoke and blackpool isnt such a great shame, they're both good teams this season imo, blackburn were doing ok at the time under allardyce and we didnt lose to fulham.

my post was just to put things in context to be honest because it's results like this that lead to some people booing when we draw at home, because they think 5-0 against west ham= 3 points against such and such.

I see what you mean but i don't see many people over-reacting. Just happy with a good win, an important win too.

I see what you mean but i don't see many people over-reacting. Just happy with a good win, an important win too.

:thup: dont disagree with that at all

West Ham were awful but the club did what they had to do: step on their throats.

West Ham are going down.  For long stretches of the game they looked lifeless except for Parker.  Ben Haim is punk.  He's a crap player playing for a crap team and he tried to take it out on the kid.  The kid looked scared at times but made some nice passes and looked like he deserved a run out.  Hope he plays against Stevenage.

Good on Leon Best.  His goals were well taken.  He showed good composure and he had the night of a lifetime.

Barton was awesome once again.  The cross early in the game that Best misfired on was off Barton's left foot.  I was really impressed with that.  I hope Tiote is OK and his hamstring doesn't drag him down for an extended period of time. 

As they say on FM:  "A 5 star Newcastle triumph!"

Guest Bartons_Bitch

Nolan's goal is the type you concede when you're relegation bound: unmarked & passed it in from 18 yards with all the time in the world.

Worst team I've seen at SJP for years. Fuck them.

Finally got to see this game on Foxtel recording last night.

Apart from Best's amazing PL debut at SJP, the main plus was beating a team who are in the bottom 3 - it keeps them down and NUFC out of trouble. Probably 2 goals were the result of bad WH defending(Nolan's stands out for that although he took it well), but Best's finishing was great on the night ; his general movement is better than Shola's too so he offers us an alternative when we are down to the bare bones,

Only time will tell if the lad can keep it up but at least he took his chance when it arrived.

Barton ran the m/f with Tiote(what a miss HE will be if he isn't fit for the SOS), Enrique was great and Coloccini excellent.

Ranger's awful miss near the end will probably have a big effect on his future at SJP - he will now go one of two ways ; either he will buckle down and sort himself out as both Hughton and now Pardew have tried to get him to do, or he will end up being transferred to a CCC side. Its all down to him now and if he chooses to waste his talent, there is no-one else to blame.

Although the side didn't play as well as in some other games this season, they did the business and the 5 goals will probably be worth an extra point by the end of the season.....well done to the whole team for getting the much needed New Year results against sides they needed to beat.