Newcastle United 5 - 0 West Ham United - 05/01/11 - post match reaction from p35

Dave

From Kumb

I thought Newcastle were taking the piss when they brought on that 9 year old winger.

Mike Dean completely overstepped the mark giving TBH a yellow card for giving the little whipper snapper a quick clip around the ear. Bloody do-gooder. No wonder the youth of today have no respect.

;D

:lol:

Just finished watching it. I think the game will be remembered by most neutrals because of the ineptetude of West Ham, but that's doing us a injustice tbh. We controlled it from start to finish and took advantage of West Ham's poor defending. Best really did well, all three goals were taken superbly and Barton was just what we've come to expect from him this season, outstanding, imo another England cap shouldn't be far away.

One of the most pleasing things for me was the way we defended at the end, despite being 5-0 up in cruise control at the end of a grueling christmas period, down to 10 men, our defenders will still throwing their bodies in front of the ball trying to preserve the clean sheet. That showed a lot about the character of the players, simply marvelous.

From KUMB just before the game

Re: Newcastle Utd v West Ham Utd: match thread

by Scaloni Is The Messiah on Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:55 pm

Best and Lovernkrands reportedly starting up front tonight.

Anything less than a clean sheet will be shameful.

Has to feel grim :lol:

He's right though, it was shameful. :lol:

A few positives from tonight:

1) three points

2) best hat trick

3) lovenkrands scores

4) tiote doesn't get a yellow

5) steven taylor is injured

I knew you'd put down no.5, before even reading it - haha. hilarious.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Clubs/Club_Home/2011/1/5/1294264445327/Leon-Best-005.jpg

:lol:

Taylor's funny. Leon Best's second goal is the pic. Look at Taylor screaming for the ball in the background. As if Leon was going to pass it from that position.

From Newcastle Online's "Official Protest" thread at around the same time :-

Quote from: withabrick on Today at 01:56:23 AM  "Best and Lovenkrands up front enough to protest about in my opinion".

Guest toonlass

Was a weird feeling when I woke up this morning, genuinely thought I'd dreamt Leon Best scored a hat-trick.

Said that to my pal last night when we were 5-0 up.  Felt like I was going to wake up and realise that I had dreamed a Leon Best hat-trick!

How long did we play with 10 men for?  I didn't notice till someone told me and some people outside the ground after still didn't know, wondered why we West Ham were suddenly only making us look like Argentina instead of Brazil.

Pardew is 9-0 against West Ham in his last two games against them. His last encounter against his old club was a 4-0 drubbing in charge of Charlton with Darren Ambrose and Darren Bent adding to a Jerome Thomas brace.

Afterwards, Alan noted

"It's been a difficult day, a difficult week leading up to it for me because I have a genuine love for West Ham and their fans which will never die."

Let's hope he has a closet love for Spurs as well.

Guest neesy111

Only 6 points behind our 2008/09 season total now.

As good as that feels now you kind of realize how shocking that season really was at times.

It was at this point in that season that we fell apart thanks to Kinnear.  Must avoid it this season.

Another very big win. Despite what people are saying about WHU being really bad, they started brightly, buckled after we scored but could have  scored 3 goals towards the end when they had a load of chances ?

Colocinni was supreme - a master at work - to think Shearer would have shipped him and Barton out if he'd got the job ??

Harper is re-assuringly calm and Tiote and Barton are so in control of the game.

And what about our 3rd or is it 4th choice centre forward ? I love watching players who are not the most naturally gifted rise above themselves through honest endeavour and hard work - well done Leon, you fit in very well with a group of players I'm proud to see representing our club.

Final word for the Hammers fans, not that many of you but credit to the way you stayed on and supported your team on a very difficult night.  You showed a certain north-east club's fans what true support is all about in the face of adversity and 5 goal hammerings.