Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Would've made decent cover for Barton/Cabaye but its no huge miss.

He wouldn't have come here to be a cover. He's been a regular starter for Birmingham some seasons now and I'm sure he's aware of that he will be a starter for his next club as well.

As I said in January, I'm glad we didn't sign him. He's solid but not "that" player we are looking for.

Agreed, but I was saying that IF he did come here, he could've made good cover.

It can only mean we are serious contenders for Gervinho or Zog. We were never going to sign Larsson if either of those ends up here. Sunderland are getting our left overs tbh.

Good player, but nothing special really.Would've had him here as a backup, but looks like we're going for 4-3-3 and he wouldn't fit in that system.

Good crosser but no pace either so for us he probably wasn't the right option anyway. Can't wait to rape Sunderland next season with two lightning wide men while Larsson is left gasping in their wake.

Guest VegasToon

On a free with a limited transfer budget?  Yes.

But it looks like we have some money to spend, so no.

Would only have liked him if we'd kept Carroll. If we do get Gamiero - I don't think he's the cross the ball into the box early kind of striker as Carroll was.

There are much better first choice out there - I would've liked him for strength in depth purposes only, but he wouldn't have accepted that anyhow...

Let's move on...

Very good player, much better than what you already have, could be a loss not to sign him... time will tell.

Come on Gash, are you for real now?

Good player no doubt, but there's a reason why none of the top teams went for him and also he's not bette than Barton.

Very good player, much better than what you already have, could be a loss not to sign him... time will tell.

Ex-Arsenal bias. He's not a very good player and he's not much better than what we have at all.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'd have been an upgrade on Raylor and Guthrie for the right wing backup, no great loss but would have been useful.

He'd have been an upgrade on Raylor and Guthrie for the right wing backup, no great loss but would have been useful.

He would but if that meant us not going for Gervinho then I think I'll stick with our decision to pass on Larsson.

Ex-Arsenal bias. He's not a very good player and he's not much better than what we have at all.

Barton aside i think he his, honestly. Would offer more when it comes to set-pieces and also would offer more than Jonas when it comes to assists or goal scoring.

I'm thinking in terms of Barton moving more centrally on the right hand side.

Barton aside i think he his, honestly. Would offer more when it comes to set-pieces and also would offer more than Jonas when it comes to assists or goal scoring.

I'm thinking in terms of Barton moving more centrally on the right hand side.

So he's not then? :lol:

If he's better in that position than everyone save Barton, that means he's basically better than Ryan Taylor , Guthrie on the right, or Kazenga Lua Lua.

That doesn't sound impressive to me at all.