Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Jonas was poor against City and generally hasn't been up to his best for a few games now, but there's no doubt he's a hard worker and very useful to the team... he can regain his top form.

What top-form???  The guy hasn't had a decent set of performances since he's been at the club.

Utter bollocks.

:no:

it's just typical NUFC 'pick a scapegoat and run with it' disease.  Been the same with Taylor for the last few seasons.  Usually based on foundations of sand but perpetuated endlessly.

Jonas was poor against City and generally hasn't been up to his best for a few games now, but there's no doubt he's a hard worker and very useful to the team... he can regain his top form.

What top-form???  The guy hasn't had a decent set of performances since he's been at the club.

Utter bollocks.

it's just typical NUFC 'pick a scapegoat and run with it' disease.  Been the same with Taylor for the last few seasons.  Usually based on foundations of sand but perpetuated endlessly.

Agreed.

Jonas terrorised defences in the Championship and put in a good few assists.

He was almost unplayable on his debut against Old Trafford.

The problem this season was always going to be that Jonas and Enrique are tremendously easy to read in the attack.  Once you do your homework, it's very easy to defend against them and that negates their threat hugely.  Barton has been a revelation partially because no one saw it coming, and him and Simpson are forming a similar partnership.

Jonas is a top athlete, but once that fails he's nothing.  I'm convinced he's carrying an injury.  He didn't look fit from the first minute of the West Ham game.  It's not just that he didn't look good, he looked exhausted and the guy beside me agreed.  (Didn't stop everyone behind me from giving him abuse)  It's the only reason I think they had Ferguson on the bench: they knew they weren't going to get 90 minutes out of Jonas.  The guy needs a rest, quite simply.  A few weeks off and rejuvenated and his body will be back up to speed.  His sloppy mistakes will be cut out and his athleticism will improve to what it can be (and on his day, he can skin/win a free kick off the best defenders in the league).  

His delivery really is awful, though, which is why he relies on Jose so often to knock it back to.  

Guest guinness_fiend

What top-form???  The guy hasn't had a decent set of performances since he's been at the club.

Eh?  He's a rough diamond at the moment and his workrate is second to non. 

Whilst his end product is questionable on occasions, he's not a poor or ever average player by any margin.  I really don't understand the Jonas hate on here.

Guest neesy111

Utter bollocks.

it's just typical NUFC 'pick a scapegoat and run with it' disease.  Been the same with Taylor for the last few seasons.  Usually based on foundations of sand but perpetuated endlessly.

Jonas is a scapegoat because he doesn't do his job of supplying our strikers with crosses and service.  That is the primary aim of a winger.  If any winger doesn't do that he will be rightly criticised.  We've had plenty of wingers who didn't have the heart that Jonas had, but my god they were 100x the footballer than this guy.

Guest neesy111

So, this Larsson fella...

Used to rate the guy, but seems like his career path is that of Routledge tbh.  Promising winger who's career stalls.  If he can't cement a place in a poor Birmingham side, do we really need him?

Used to rate the guy, but seems like his career path is that of Routledge tbh.  Promising winger who's career stalls.  If he can't cement a place in a poor Birmingham side, do we really need him?

eh ?

Here in sweden, pundits and columnists are warning Larsson for a move to Newcastle. The club has trouble to achieve anything and players seems to stale off in their development at the club is the judgement passed out...

Guest neesy111

eh ?

Was supposed to say, why would birmingham try to get rid of a player for 1.5M of his quality when they are in a relegation battle and need players like him.  Seems to me that their are other issues around with him.

eh ?

Was supposed to say, why would birmingham try to get rid of a player for 1.5M of his quality when they are in a relegation battle and need players like him.  Seems to me that their are other issues around with him.

he's out of contract in the summer.

What are you on about? He has played in every single league game this season for them.

getting a decent premiership player for that price is good business, but in terms of how i see him fitting into the side:

Larsson as back up RW - great, also lets us move Barton infield in case Nolan or Tiote are absent.

Larsson as LW - unsure, i think with our midfield we need a different option as we already have a crosser who drifts infield on the right and i think we need the running and dribbling ability of Jonas (or HBA) out wide. LW also seems to negate the primary reason for signing Larsson - his delivery.

Larsson as Barton replacement - no thanks, Barton owns his position for the time being.

getting a decent premiership player for that price is good business, but in terms of how i see him fitting into the side:

Larsson as back up RW - great, also lets us move Barton infield in case Nolan or Tiote are absent.

Larsson as LW - unsure, i think with our midfield we need a different option as we already have a crosser who drifts infield on the right and i think we need the running and dribbling ability of Jonas (or HBA) out wide. LW also seems to negate the primary reason for signing Larsson - his delivery.

Larsson as Barton replacement - no thanks, Barton owns his position for the time being.

maybe with a view to moving barton on in the summer for a fee if we wont drop the wages.

Guest neesy111

eh ?

Yeap, but 1.5M is nothing if they stay up.  I would rather us keep a good player than only receive 1.5M if we were in the same situation.

Used to rate the guy, but seems like his career path is that of Routledge tbh.  Promising winger who's career stalls.  If he can't cement a place in a poor Birmingham side, do we really need him?

eh ?

Was supposed to say, why would birmingham try to get rid of a player for 1.5M of his quality when they are in a relegation battle and need players like him.  Seems to me that their are other issues around with him.

Yeap, but 1.5M is nothing if they stay up.  I would rather us keep a good player than only receive 1.5M if we were in the same situation.

you would rather, so would I....that isn't how it's often seen by chairmen etc though.

What are you on about? He has played in every single league game this season for them.

:lol: Was thinking something similar myself.

Guest neesy111

eh ?

Yeap, but 1.5M is nothing if they stay up.  I would rather us keep a good player than only receive 1.5M if we were in the same situation.

you would rather, so would I....that isn't how it's often seen by chairmen etc though.

True, just think this lad has a few off the field issues which we are not aware of.  Also if a non-english club comes in, I can see Birmingham wanting to sell to them instead of us.

Here in sweden, pundits and columnists are warning Larsson for a move to Newcastle. The club has trouble to achieve anything and players seems to stale off in their development at the club is the judgement passed out...

Bosse Petersson? Who wants him to stay in Birmingham, despite Seb clearly not being happy there, or for him to go to Everton because it would be a "step up".

eh ?

True, just think this lad has a few off the field issues which we are not aware of.  Also if a non-english club comes in, I can see Birmingham wanting to sell to them instead of us.

then it would be up to the player. i think his off the field issues are simply he thinks he's worth more than they are offering (i don't know what he's on and been offered so don't know if he's being greedy or whatever), don't think his committment has been doubted though.

Guest neesy111

Our midfield is starting to swamp the whole squad if this signing comes off.  We need to start getting rid i.e. Smith and Guthrie please.

Guest Wearside

A steady if unspectacular player,don't really see him improving you lot that much.

Hopefully he starts in place of Barton next week.  :shifty:

Guest TheSummerOf69

There's a lot of Guthrie hate here.

Most of our big home wins last Season had him in the middle. He's not worth a starting place, sure, but is decent back-up who is young enough to get better. I seem to remember good, solid midfielders like Jenas and Parker getting similiar stick because they just did their job of making the team tick, even if they didn't have Barton's spectacular long passes or Nolan's great scoring rate.