Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

i read ben tozer is on 90k p/w.

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a s***. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

People talk about wages like they are playing FM (I bet half of the time that's where they get their 'info' from) and it's embarrassing.

Dave in our accounts it said our expenditure on wages in 2008/09 was 72M, that is fact.  So the figures bandied around are not far off the truth tbh when you fill in the blanks, also it was widely reported the ashley forgot to put relegation clauses in the players contracts hence why the papers reported how much some of our players would be earning in the championship.  I'm shocked we had

I would say Enrique, Nolan, Guiterrez are all on around 50k.

Smith, Barton and Coloccini around the 60-70k mark.

Carroll and Saylor on around 40k mark now.

Raylor, Simpson, Routledge, Shola etc 25k.

Are you forgetting Owen, Martins, Viduka, Keegan, Shearer, Duff, Gonzalez etc who all left? You and all the 'agents' online at the moment seem to be overlooking this.

Dave, our wage bill did nearly force the club into bankruptcy if Ashley isn't financing the club himself and we are back to the premiership immediately.  How could that not a serious matter?

As sensible an addition to this current talk as any. Wages are wages, unless they're going to bankrupt us - unlikely with Ashley in charge - then I couldn't give a s***. Sure, some of them are robbing a living but they would be even if they were on £10k a week and that's classed as nothing these days.

People talk about wages like they are playing FM (I bet half of the time that's where they get their 'info' from) and it's embarrassing.

Dave in our accounts it said our expenditure on wages in 2008/09 was 72M, that is fact.  So the figures bandied around are not far off the truth tbh when you fill in the blanks, also it was widely reported the ashley forgot to put relegation clauses in the players contracts hence why the papers reported how much some of our players would be earning in the championship.  I'm shocked we had

Your man in accounts is right about the total wage bill in 2008/2009 being about £72m but I doubt it is anywhere near that level now. Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Duff, Martins, Butt, Beye, Cacapa have all gone and been replaced with cheaper models.

Your man in accounts is right about the total wage bill in 2008/2009 being about £72m but I doubt it is anywhere near that level now. Owen, Viduka, Geremi, Duff, Martins, Butt, Beye, Cacapa have all gone and been replaced with cheaper models.

;D ;D

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/11/united-sweating-on-star-striker-andy-carroll-72703-27965818/2/

Meanwhile, the Chronicle understands that Seb Larsson’s move to St James’ Park is far from decided.

Birmingham boss Alex McCleish yesterday revealed that City had given Larsson permission to talk to United.

But I understand these talks are yet to take place, even though Larsson remains on United’s radar.

Another player linked with Newcastle is Morocco international Youssef El Arabi of Caen, according to the French media.

The striker has netted 21 goals in 53 games for Caen and has three international caps to his name so far.

However, Pardew is again keeping his cards close to his chest, and said: “I’m seeing Mike Ashley this week, we have a couple of things going on and we will talk about them tomorrow.”

;D ;D

:lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/11/united-sweating-on-star-striker-andy-carroll-72703-27965818/2/

Meanwhile, the Chronicle understands that Seb Larssons move to St James Park is far from decided.

Birmingham boss Alex McCleish yesterday revealed that City had given Larsson permission to talk to United.

But I understand these talks are yet to take place, even though Larsson remains on Uniteds radar.

Another player linked with Newcastle is Morocco international Youssef El Arabi of Caen, according to the French media.

The striker has netted 21 goals in 53 games for Caen and has three international caps to his name so far.

However, Pardew is again keeping his cards close to his chest, and said: Im seeing Mike Ashley this week, we have a couple of things going on and we will talk about them tomorrow.

He gets more like Joe Kinnear with every quote.

Squad =/= team

tomato =/= tomato

How is it like that at all? :lol: A squad is not the team.

but he could be selected. seems unlikely he'll join today.

Guest neesy111

Yeah, I agree it's probably around the £45M mark now.

Meanwhile, the Chronicle understands that Seb Larsson’s move to St James’ Park is far from decided.

But I understand these talks are yet to take place, even though Larsson remains on United’s radar.

However, Pardew is again keeping his cards close to his chest, and said: “I’m seeing Mike Ashley this week, we have a couple of things going on and we will talk about them tomorrow.”

Pardew keeping things close to his chest  :mackems: