Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Exactly. I'd rather we told a player that he's not going to be first choice than lie to him and ultimately piss him off when he gets put on the bench.

No, you don't tell him he'll be on the bench, you tell him, like anyone, he'd have to fight for his place in the team.

If this really has fallen through it's a blow, we clearly want the player and Birmingham were willing to compromise on a fee. My guess as other speculate is that he isn't happy to come as a squad player (with wages to match). I only saw him being one anyway however, and I'd be very surprised if we don't have others lined up. Wide right isn't a priority for me and therefore we should be spending the significant fees and wages elsewhere.

Might have been told that he wouldn't be a starter if every one fit. Would think that is a big issue for him.

That'll be f***ing shocking if its true

That's the way it should be like. Barton is our number 1 on the right.

Aye, but its not good transfer policy saying to someone you want to sign, 'You'll be on the bench all the time mind'

Obviously I see where you're coming from, but what can you say like? A player would want to know if he get's game time.

Exactly. I'd rather we told a player that he's not going to be first choice than lie to him and ultimately piss him off when he gets put on the bench.

No, you don't tell him he'll be on the bench, you tell him, like anyone, he'd have to fight for his place in the team.

Guest Bartons_Bitch

Might have been told that he wouldn't be a starter if every one fit. Would think that is a big issue for him.

Aye, but its not good transfer policy saying to someone you want to sign, 'You'll be on the bench all the time mind'

Who said that then bud?

Fucking hell :lol: a few people on twitter say it's fallen through and it's Gospel.

One person on the forum says it's because we don't him such and such so people go mad.

What the hell is happening to this forum? I am sure it used to be a place were 90% of the posters dismissed bollocks for what it was but at the moment 90% believe any old shit! :doh:

Fucking hell :lol: a few people on twitter say it's fallen through and it's Gospel.

One person on the forum says it's because we don't him such and such so people go mad.

What the hell is happening to this forum? I am sure it used to be a place were 90% of the posters dismissed bollocks for what it was but at the moment 90% believe any old shit! :doh:

I don't remember that!

Who said that then bud?

Speculation in here, nothing more :lol:

f***ing hell :lol: a few people on twitter say it's fallen through and it's Gospel.

What the hell is happening to this forum? I am sure it used to be a place were 90% of the posters dismissed bollocks for what it was but at the moment 90% believe any old s***! :doh:

:dowie:

Generally stuff which is crap is easy to dismiss because it is obviously bollocks such as the £8million fee for Routledge. I already said I thought this one might fall through before the twitter because I think he is waiting for a free move to Sunderland in the summer.

I find it hilarious that people are struggling to comprehend the idea of telling a player he won't be a guaranteed starter if he signed...

Its not that. It just seems that it would be a bit off putting to word it like that. Not at all 'hilarious' :)

I was going off this tbf:

BBC Newcastle reported on their 1pm news that they understand this is dead.

I find it hilarious that people are struggling to comprehend the idea of telling a player he won't be a guaranteed starter if he signed...

I hope the club tell every player who signs that they're not a guaranteed starter. It's up to the players to show why they deserve to be in the team.

Telling someone they're guaranteed to start every game will only lead to problems - laziness, complacency, arrogance

As others have said, nobody should be a guaranteed starter. If you're good enough, you'll start. If you're not, either raise your game, sit on the bench or fuck off.

Same goes for Carroll, Barton, Nolan, Ben Arfa, the whole lot of them. I'd be mightily suspicious of anyone coming here on the sole condition that they're guaranteed a place in the first team every week.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/01/11/sebastian-larsson-could-be-here-for-weekend-61634-27963483/

Journal reports today that he is close to sign... But i dont live in England, is that a serious newspaper?

local paper, usually a bit more reliable than its sister paper the chronicle for some daft reason but as always with anything in papers take with a pinch of salt until proven true, all we know is we've had a bid accepted and are in negation with the player, anything else is guesswork until something happens