Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

Swedish football site fotbollskanalen.se are reporting that Sebastian Larsson want to sign for Liverpool. They also say the offer from Newcastle made other clubs bid for the player.

His agent says: "...Newcastle's director of football and chairman called me and said they wanted Sebastian Larsson and had a deal with Birmingham. Does Sebastian want this? We listened to them and it sounded interesting. We are still talking but now more clubs are interested."

We don't have a director of football?  :frantic:

They (Larsson and his agent) want a good contract and waiting for the best offer. Basically.

It also says they are waiting for Liverpool to come in for the player.

I think their talking about Derek Lambias. Have liverpool shown any interest for him?

Swedish football site fotbollskanalen.se are reporting that Sebastian Larsson want to sign for Liverpool. They also say the offer from Newcastle made other clubs bid for the player.

His agent says: "...Newcastle's director of football and chairman called me and said they wanted Sebastian Larsson and had a deal with Birmingham. Does Sebastian want this? We listened to them and it sounded interesting. We are still talking but now more clubs are interested."

We don't have a director of football?  :frantic:

They (Larsson and his agent) want a good contract and waiting for the best offer. Basically.

It also says they are waiting for Liverpool to come in for the player.

I think their talking about Derek Lambias. Have liverpool shown any interest for him?

they may have had a quiet word with his agent re summer

Exactly. If he's only coming for the best financial package he can get fucked. Couldn't give a toss about players like that.

But why would he come to NUFC except for a good deal? He has no affection for the club.

Fair enough if he signs for QPR or someone it'll be ridiculous, but he's entitled to consider his options.

Exactly. If he's only coming for the best financial package he can get f***ed. Couldn't give a toss about players like that.

As well as taking into account the sporting advantages wouldn't you try to get the best financial package too? How do you know what other clubs are after him. They might be pretty decent ones too. People are taking things way too personally. The guy has been on £10,000 a week up until now and hasn't agitated for a new contract like many others do, despite the fact he certainly deserved more than that for the quality of player he is. He has waited for his contract to run down and is now looking for the best total package. Fair play.

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.1974063/2011/01/11/seb_larsson_valjer_mellan_fyra_premier_league_klubbar_hoppas_pa_liverpool

Seb Larsson choose between four Premier League clubs - hope for Liverpool

Sebastian Larsson is facing a very critical election in his career when he seeks new club. Four Premier League clubs chasing him, and himself, he hopes to Liverpool.

According to fotbollskanalen.se it is mainly the six clubs chasing Birmingham's Sebastian Larsson. A La Liga club, a Turkish top club and four Premier League clubs, where three of them are Blackburn, Newcastle and Liverpool. The Swedish midfielder is one thing clear for himself, he is aiming to stay in England.

"It's Sebastian's choice. We make no bones about the fact that England attracts a lot, but there are two clubs that are very intense abroad as well. However, it is England that is at the forefront" said his agent Per Jonsson to fotbollskanalen.se.

Newcastle has been the hottest so far but is not the only one. However, it was thanks to their pressure that Birmingham opened the door, and since then more clubs nobody responded.

"Last Thursday, the so called Newcastle's sporting director and their chairmen to me and said they wanted to go at full speed for Sebastian and a whole manner was consistent with Birmingham. Now the only question of Sebastian wants this. There were quick to act and we just said we're listening. Newcastle is definitely a club that could be interesting. We still talk but after that, several clubs have permission and there are many who are interested."

Sebastian Larsson has right now less than six months left on his contract. But unlike how it works in other European clubs can not be freely to contact him with the contract proposal for a Bosman transfer. The rules in England says that the selling club still must give its permission, which is now Birmingham has done. But that means that Newcastle will have to wait.

"Newcastle wanted to make the transition directly, but it will not work. We must do a thorough research. Sometimes it can distinguish 10-15000 pounds (about 100000-160000 SEK) in the weeks between bid and it does so clearly the role" says Per Jonsson.

According to fotbollskanalen.se Larsson also awaiting a bid from Liverpool. The parties have had some contact, but have not yet reached the point where contracts come up. A further problem is Liverpool's training situation where a permanent manager has not yet been appointed. The situation is identical in Blackburn. It is hoped that the club Larsson chooses will have him this winter. Playing left in Birmingham is not impossible, but not optimal.

"Sebastian's a super quiet guy and I am also calm in this situation. Sure it may not be optimal if nothing is happening now. Playing in Birmingham when you do not agree on the contract may mean that he gets very little playing time, especially now that David Bentley is ready, and it may affect the status of the squad. At the same time as if he knows what to do then and it really is a good solution so it's all about five months. There is a choice that Sebastian has to do, it can not I do" said agent Per Jonsson.

"We look at the possibilities. There are many clubs interested in real, and I go back and forth, I go to England again tomorrow, to dissect this out with clubs. Then if something happens this week or next, or if there is something that applies in the summer, I do not know. Time will tell."

Exactly. If he's only coming for the best financial package he can get fucked. Couldn't give a toss about players like that.

But why would he come to NUFC except for a good deal? He has no affection for the club.

Fair enough if he signs for QPR or someone it'll be ridiculous, but he's entitled to consider his options.

Maybe so but we deserve players who will crawl over broken glass to sign for us. When HBA refused to speak to other clubs because he had his heart set on Newcastle a standard was set. Larsson isn't fit to clean Ben Arfa's boots so he can piss off frankly.

So basically it sounds like we wanted to sort this out quickly (no doubt to get him involved in time for Sunderland) but our initial offer wasn't lucrative enough to stop him wanting to check out the other available options first.

Seemed decent enough today, would be an improvement on Routledge. If he's happy to come here as back-up then great, but tbh with all fit our midfield should be: Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Ben Arfa, with Carroll and a new striker.

So basically it sounds like we wanted to sort this out quickly (no doubt to get him involved in time for Sunderland) but our first offer wasn't lucrative enough to stop him wanting to check out the other available options first.

All sounds fair enough to me from all parties, he wants to wait for the offer, we don't want to make a mad bid, etc.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Seemed decent enough today, would be an improvement on Routledge. If he's happy to come here as back-up then great, but tbh with all fit our midfield should be: Barton, Nolan, Tiote, Ben Arfa, with Carroll and a new striker.

I'd be happy with that, and Gosling and Larsson as backup. That's capable enough.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/1.1974063/2011/01/11/seb_larsson_valjer_mellan_fyra_premier_league_klubbar_hoppas_pa_liverpool

Seb Larsson choose between four Premier League clubs - hope for Liverpool

Sebastian Larsson is facing a very critical election in his career when he seeks new club. Four Premier League clubs chasing him, and himself, he hopes to Liverpool.

According to fotbollskanalen.se it is mainly the six clubs chasing Birmingham's Sebastian Larsson. A La Liga club, a Turkish top club and four Premier League clubs, where three of them are Blackburn, Newcastle and Liverpool. The Swedish midfielder is one thing clear for himself, he is aiming to stay in England.

"It's Sebastian's choice. We make no bones about the fact that England attracts a lot, but there are two clubs that are very intense abroad as well. However, it is England that is at the forefront" said his agent Per Jonsson to fotbollskanalen.se.

Newcastle has been the hottest so far but is not the only one. However, it was thanks to their pressure that Birmingham opened the door, and since then more clubs nobody responded.

"Last Thursday, the so called Newcastle's sporting director and their chairmen to me and said they wanted to go at full speed for Sebastian and a whole manner was consistent with Birmingham. Now the only question of Sebastian wants this. There were quick to act and we just said we're listening. Newcastle is definitely a club that could be interesting. We still talk but after that, several clubs have permission and there are many who are interested."

Sebastian Larsson has right now less than six months left on his contract. But unlike how it works in other European clubs can not be freely to contact him with the contract proposal for a Bosman transfer. The rules in England says that the selling club still must give its permission, which is now Birmingham has done. But that means that Newcastle will have to wait.

"Newcastle wanted to make the transition directly, but it will not work. We must do a thorough research. Sometimes it can distinguish 10-15000 pounds (about 100000-160000 SEK) in the weeks between bid and it does so clearly the role" says Per Jonsson.

According to fotbollskanalen.se Larsson also awaiting a bid from Liverpool. The parties have had some contact, but have not yet reached the point where contracts come up. A further problem is Liverpool's training situation where a permanent manager has not yet been appointed. The situation is identical in Blackburn. It is hoped that the club Larsson chooses will have him this winter. Playing left in Birmingham is not impossible, but not optimal.

"Sebastian's a super quiet guy and I am also calm in this situation. Sure it may not be optimal if nothing is happening now. Playing in Birmingham when you do not agree on the contract may mean that he gets very little playing time, especially now that David Bentley is ready, and it may affect the status of the squad. At the same time as if he knows what to do then and it really is a good solution so it's all about five months. There is a choice that Sebastian has to do, it can not I do" said agent Per Jonsson.

"We look at the possibilities. There are many clubs interested in real, and I go back and forth, I go to England again tomorrow, to dissect this out with clubs. Then if something happens this week or next, or if there is something that applies in the summer, I do not know. Time will tell."

Fair enough tbh

It is obvious pardew was talking about Larsson coming in before the weekend. He has obviously misread the situation and is maybe not used to dealing with deals at the highest level. It shows a touch of arrogance IMO. Makes him look a bit of a dick as well after his statements!

Maybe so but we deserve players who will crawl over broken glass to sign for us. When HBA refused to speak to other clubs because he had his heart set on Newcastle a standard was set. Larsson isn't fit to clean Ben Arfa's boots so he can piss off frankly.

I think you'll agree that Ben Arfa was a very rare case.

I really like the way the club has moved away from throwing money at mercenaries, and I'm not saying they should be starting again, but players have options - especially when coming to the end of their contracts.

I'm not disagreeing with you really, if money is his only reason for coming then I don't want him either.

Can't blame the club. Looks like they pressed ahead and were pretty agressive, but Larsson and his agent are taking their time. They hold all the cards so fair dos. How long can we afford to wait ont his though? Without any assurances we can get him? Frustrating.

Fair enough tbh

It is obvious pardew was talking about Larsson coming in before the weekend. He has obviously misread the situation and is maybe not used to dealing with deals at the highest level. It shows a touch of arrogance IMO. Makes him look a bit of a dick as well after his statements!

What are you talking about? Just calm down.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fair enough tbh

WTF?

Im Merely saying AP jumped the gun. He hasn't done a deal at the top level for 5 years. If you put a time scale on things as he did, albeit in hope more than assurance, you've got to be 95% sure it's going to come off! Hughton was very, no infact too good at playing things down but AP seems the opposite from what I have heard.

He needs to be a bit more careful about what he says is my point

Jeez, calm down ;)

Can't blame the club. Looks like they pressed ahead and were pretty agressive, but Larsson and his agent are taking their time. They hold all the cards so fair dos. How long can we afford to wait ont his though? Without any assurances we can get him? Frustrating.

This is my point. Yes Larsson is within his rights to wait and see but he is willing to risk losing the chance to play for us as a result so he doesn't seem to want it that badly. Nothing wrong with that but then it means he's probably not the player for us.

Fair enough tbh

WTF?

Im Merely saying AP jumped the gun. He hasn't done a deal at the top level for 5 years. If you put a time scale on things as he did, albeit in hope more than assurance, you've got to be 95% sure it's going to come off! Hughton was very, no infact too good at playing things down but AP seems the opposite from what I have heard.

He needs to be a bit more careful about what he says is my point

Jeez, calm down ;)

i think what he said was hopeful not sure