Sebastian Larsson

Guest taps01

The only players who would be desperate to come here would be massive Newcastle fans or players who have no chance of getting a better clubs (perch).

Ben Arfa is a massive one off due to that loose screw.

tiote ?

gosling ?

Were they desperate to come or did we just put the best offer to them??

i'm guessing they weren't desperate and we were their best option.

What happened to our policy of only signing younger players with resale value? As mentioned on the previous page thsi is Larsson's last chance at a big move and he's unlikely to dramatically improve. He can wait out his contract and go on a free as well so his wages will be very high... another supposed club policy out the window.

He's 25 for goodness sake, of course he still has a lot of value. The guy can provide 5 years of top service. You don't think if he gets twenty assists in each of the next two seasons he won't be worth much more at 27?! Are you even thinking about what you're saying at all?

They were just questions man :lol: . In the age and wage criteria they also seem to be compromises on supposed club policy, but you make some good points maybe they aren't as severe compromises as I thought.

I also wonder what Bowyer and Carr have said (if anything) about NUFC to him.

What happened to our policy of only signing younger players with resale value? As mentioned on the previous page thsi is Larsson's last chance at a big move and he's unlikely to dramatically improve. He can wait out his contract and go on a free as well so his wages will be very high... another supposed club policy out the window.

He's 25 for goodness sake, of course he still has a lot of value. The guy can provide 5 years of top service. You don't think if he gets twenty assists in each of the next two seasons he won't be worth much more at 27?! Are you even thinking about what you're saying at all?

They were just questions man :lol: . In the age and wage criteria they also seem to be compromises on supposed club policy, but you make some good points maybe they aren't as severe compromises as I thought.

I also wonder what Bowyer and Carr have said (if anything) about NUFC to him.

nufc is a completly different animal to when they were here.

The thing to do now is tell his agent that what has been offered will stay on the table til mid-day tomorrow - he either negotiates or after that its a dead deal. Don't be held to ransom or give him a bargaining tool to get a better deal elsewhere.

The thing to do now is tell his agent that what has been offered will stay on the table til mid-day tomorrow - he either negotiates or after that its a dead deal. Don't be held to ransom or give him a bargaining tool to get a better deal elsewhere.

The stuff coming from Radio Newcastle may mean we've already done so.

I don't understand your point Madras, my point was not many players would be desperate to play for us unless we were there best option or were some avid Toon fan. So if larsson has other options to consider I wouldn't tell him to fuck off as I understand why he wouldn't instantly be sold on us.

We seem to be debating despite having the same opinion :lol:

I did get up early!

This transfer shows every sign of going tits-up - if the guy was interested, he would have signed straight away.He is obviously hanging out for more money so its a waste of time pinning too many hopes on a player like that ; not as if he's a world-beater either....shows just how far NUFC have fallen when a Brum reserve turns his nose up....

For the fee mentioned and the not so high wages being rumored he would be a decent signing.  But the fact is I would rather play Barton on the right.  I admit I haven't seen to much of Larson.  What I've seen from him and heard:

- he's a decent right midfielder who can cross the ball

- he wont beat a man with his pace

- he is a consistent player

- he can fill in at right back

Perhaps he can be described as "Ryan Taylor v.1.1".

For a midtable club he would be a good signing, but I don't see the fans of Liverpool being happy to start the quest back to top 4 with Seb Larson.  It would be like when Roy signed Paul Konchesky. 

For the fee mentioned and the not so high wages being rumored he would be a decent signing.  But the fact is I would rather play Barton on the right.  I admit I haven't seen to much of Larson.  What I've seen from him and heard:

For a midtable club he would be a good signing, but I don't see the fans of Liverpool being happy to start the quest back to top 4 with Seb Larson.  It would be like when Roy signed Paul Konchesky. 

Maybe its because its early, and I cant see properly, but you post has totally confused me.

I dont know who you support? You want Barton on the right, but dont think the Liverpool fans will be happy with Seb Larsson?

Maybe its because its early, and I cant see properly, but you post has totally confused me.

I dont know who you support? You want Barton on the right, but dont think the Liverpool fans will be happy with Seb Larsson?

what don't you understand?

what don't you understand?

Right, Im assuming Liverpool have linked with him?

Anyhoo, saying you dont want to sign him because you'd rather have Barton on the right is crazy. Considering the result we have just come off.