Competition: Ziani chooses El-Jaisch (rich as f*ck Qatari club)

Optimistic Nut

Guest guinness_fiend

For the amount that we're allegedly paying, he looks like he'll probably be a squad player rather than a straight replacement for anyone.

For the amount that we're allegedly paying, he looks like he'll probably be a squad player rather than a straight replacement for anyone.

he doesn´t look like a player you bring in as a squad player though.

another RW link. looking increasingly likely that bartons gonna be replaced at that position, not that it'd be a bad thing in the long term imo. still dubious about barton in the middle though.

I said this in the Larsson thread, but Barton is pretty much a right sided central midfielder at the moment anyway when he plays. Buying a right winger then playing five in midfield would add to our potency on the right, not replace it.

Barton's not as effective in CM imo.

Michael is right.

and btw, Nolan is our 2nd top goal scorer and Barton has the most assists.  Seems silly to tamper with those two.

Maybe, we should accept that we are building a SQUAD!

Maybe we are thinking of something like this?

Carroll

Ziani

Jonas  Tiote  Nolan  Barton

could work at the paper, but I would like to see a 4-4-2. But maybe it hasn´t been working with the players we had. anyway. you are forgetting Ben Arfa.

Guest guinness_fiend

Our bench is dreadful and due to the way that Tiote and Barton both play, it's inevitable that we'll need decent cover for suspensions and injuries.

If we get rid of Barton, I'll be disgusted.

Maybe we are thinking of something like this?

Carroll

Ziani

Jonas  Tiote  Nolan  Barton

could work at the paper, but I would like to see a 4-4-2. But maybe it hasn´t been working with the players we had. anyway. you are forgetting Ben Arfa.

Replacing Jonas when he's back.

Doesn't his Dad say in the article from France that he wants to go Monaco and anywhere else would just be for the money?

tiote came as he's always been a fan ?

didn't colo's agent say a similar thing ?

Our bench is dreadful and due to the way that Tiote and Barton both play, it's inevitable that we'll need decent cover for suspensions and injuries.

of course we need more and better players. But I´m just thinking at hes suppose attitude. Larsson feel like a better squad player when Ziani feels lika a better player.

Just a thought. don´t want to mess with the harmony in the squad just because.

of course we need more and better players. But I´m just thinking at hes suppose attitude. Larsson feel like a better squad player when Ziani feels lika a better player.

Just a thought. don´t want to mess with the harmony in the squad just because.

more likely to be the creative centre mid we've been after for years.

We need a LM desperately imo. Unless Ferguson comes up to the plate :)

Fergusson will def succeed! Give him playing time. beside we have Ben Arfa

He showed a lot of promise the other night.

has done at left back aswell. the flexability of our squad is a defeinte advantage.

Impressive footage on you-know-where.

I prefer to see Barton in the centre, so if the idea is for Ziani to play wide right that sounds fine. Routledge, as previously, has been found out at this level.

Ultimately, a 4-3-3 may be ideal ie -

Barton Tiote Gosling-Nolan

Ziani Carroll Ben Arfa

Barton's not as effective in CM imo.

Michael is right.

and btw, Nolan is our 2nd top goal scorer and Barton has the most assists.  Seems silly to tamper with those two.

Maybe, we should accept that we are building a SQUAD!

Both are important players at the moment but in centre midfield both have something missing at a higher level. Nolan isn't quick enough across the pitch to be box to box effectively as he could be, and Barton sits too deep. I think the lack of pace with both is the reason for the drawbacks to otherwise very good abilities.

Impressive footage on you-know-where.

I prefer to see Barton in the centre, so if the idea is for Ziani to play wide right that sounds fine. Routledge, as previously, has been found out at this level.

Ultimately, a 4-3-3 may be ideal ie -

Barton Tiote Gosling-Nolan

Ziani Carroll Ben Arfa

That looks impressive.

Guest guinness_fiend

who is ziani?

The Head of Membership / Patron Account Manager at the French Chamber of Commerce in Great Britain.