Competition: Ziani chooses El-Jaisch (rich as f*ck Qatari club)

Optimistic Nut

Guest sicko2ndbest

4 starts then, more than I thought.

aye hopfully a new "older" Tioté

Other than that they're both from Africa there is no comparison - at all.

Ziani isn't even African.

Last time I checked Algeria was in africa

French-born.

Don't really matter. Officially he is Algerian.

Didn't know FIFA were the port of call for categorically deciding nationality? Guess his French passport and birth certificate means fuck all.

Hadn't even visited the country before his first international game.

How often does he play for Wolfsburg? Is he a regular starter? or a squad player?

Ain't been so good lately. Like what I've seen of him for Algeria though. 2m is peanuts really.

:snod: :thup:

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/01/09/alan-pardew-we-re-so-sorry-for-fa-cup-defeat-79310-27953651/

United sources distanced the club from a move for Algeria midfielder Karim Ziani. Newspapers reports in his homeland had the Wolfsburg man on the verge of joining Newcastle, but the club insist a move for the 28-year-old has never been discussed.

Main points from that article...

- €4m fee agreed rising to €6m if we get into Europe.

- There'll be a second round of talks between both parties tomorrow.

- Wolfsburg are keen to sell.

- According to "their source", Ziani could be in England by the end of the week for a medical.

- Lens are the only French club to show any interest, and Keyserispor in Turkey have also made an offer but to go through in the summer.

- We've made the only official bid.

Didn't Pardew say something along the lines of one set of negotiations would be affected if another goes through.

This seems like it's going to be this window's Arevalo story. Might be the back up in case the main choice doesn't happen.

Sounds about right.

Main points from that article...

- €4m fee agreed rising to €6m if we get into Europe.

- There'll be a second round of talks between both parties tomorrow.

- Wolfsburg are keen to sell.

- According to "their source", Ziani could be in England by the end of the week for a medical.

- Lens are the only French club to show any interest, and Keyserispor in Turkey have also made an offer but to go through in the summer.

- We've made the only official bid.

Lens have recently sold their RM for 5m euros so would be plausible but I'd be suprised if they re-spent all that and Keyserispor aren't renowned as big spenders as far as I'm aware. Tis who James Troisi plays for.