Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest Loven11

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Colo  Enrique

Routledge  Nolan  Barton  Jonas

Ameobi  Carroll

1-1 but obviously hoping we beat the mackem bastards

Tiote will be a big miss so it's important Shola and Carroll play as it allows Shola to drop back and become almost a fifth midfielder but he also takes a couple of defenders at set pieces etc allowing Carroll more freedom.

If Gosling is match fit he may have to be pitched in to CM, if not then Guthrie who despite a couple of poor performances is nowhere near as bad as many on here are saying and is capable of making a positive contribution like he often has in the past.

Those who want to see any of the kids feature - forget it - this is no game for kids, mental strength will be just as important as ability and fitness - so players like Smith and Campbell can still play big parts around the dressing room making sure everyone's attitude is spot on.

Keep them quiet for 30 mins and their crowd will become unsettled and a strong ref will be needed to resist their rabid appeals for everything to be given their way - which they often get down there.

If we get out a side like, Harper,Simpson,Colo,Willi,Jose,Barton,Gosling/Guthrie,Nolan,Jonas,AC9,Shola and keep the game tight early on we could nick it, probably from a Carroll set piece or great cross goal.

Guest Roger Kint

Wonder what odds you would get on a repeat of Goslings previous derby day goal given the *cough* standard of TV coverage :shifty:

To add insult to injury, the St James’ Park DJ decided to play the Monkees’ hit Daydream Believer after the match, a song that Newcastle fans had used to taunt him throughout the game.

It was a song choice Bruce condemned, accusing Newcastle of showing “no class whatsoever”, and he has vowed to get his revenge on the club he supported as a boy, both on and off the pitch.

“The post-match music is my choice and the club are a bit scared of it,” he said. “I am not saying what it is, but I’d love to get my own back.”

What a massive bitter bent faced c***. Really hope we win.

Distinct lack of class - but what would you expect from the fat mercenary bastaad.

He is almost implying that the post match music at Newcastle was Chris Hughton's choice, not the match DJ's ??

For a professional manager to stoop to that level and get involved illustrates why Bruce will never get to manage the big club he so obviously pines for.

There's absolutely no way that Gosling will be thrown into this game.

Dunno, he chucked that poor lad on against Stevenage when the chips were down.  Always leaves the possibility he'll take credit for a tactical masterstroke if it comes off.

There's absolutely no way that Gosling will be thrown into this game.

He will man, look at the way they are already bigging him up, behind doors game, press release saying that Gosling shone, Gosling saying he hopes to be involved, i bet that everyday from now till Sunday there will be something about him looking fit and ready to play released so then when he plays its not such a shock to fans.

Guest Roger Kint

I can quite easily see Gosling appear off the bench for 20 minutes or less at the end like.

Could see that, I'd be very surprised if he starts.

Agree with that, would be a massive gamble to even thinkabout starting him with just 70 minutes under his belt.

I can quite easily see Gosling appear off the bench for 20 minutes or less at the end like.

Could see that, I'd be very surprised if he starts.

Agree with that, would be a massive gamble to even thinkabout starting him with just 70 minutes under his belt.

Would be. I mean we don't see what he's like in training or anything but it'd be a big gamble to start the lad.

Nice sub to have though - throw him on before Smith gets his second yellow.

Guest Roger Kint

So after 6 minutes? Hopefully we avoid playing Smith altogther but i dont hold out much hope on Pardew using such common sense......

The funniest thing is that he reckons he's a Newcastle fan, arsehole. :lol:

Very strange decision to go out of his way to antagonise Newcastle people especially considering it's where he chooses to live, eat booze etc.

I'd heard that he was overheard in his favourite boozer saying that for him it's almost win/win  i.e. - win and he's doing a good job - lose and the team he (allegedly) supports wins.

His professional role, the club he takes millions out of, the team he claims to have always supported and the place he chooses for himself and his family to live, seem to be turning him into a very confused and often contradictory person.

Like some sort of latter day Lee Clark actually.

So after 6 minutes? Hopefully we avoid playing Smith altogther but i dont hold out much hope on Pardew using such common sense......

Pardew's a knacker as I've said from day one.

I don't trust him to learn what Hughton did about the players very quickly at all.

And yeah, 6 minutes if we're lucky. Smith's a fucking imbecile.

How the lads made the money he has over his career is unreal. He's the luckiest lad in the world.

As one of our most experienced players who's been there done it and got the t-shirt, Alan Smith can still play a big part on Sunday around the dressing room etc. It's as much about mental strength as anything else and that is something he still has pleny of.