Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest Roger Kint

anyone know any bars in the town shown the match as its not on SKY?

Trying to get this question on every page in this thread?  ;D

Guest johnson293

I'd go with

Harper

Simpson

Enrique

Williamson

Coloccini

*sigh* Routledge

Jonas

Nolan

Barton

Ameobi

Best

can't imagine too many will disagree with that lineup.   :thup:

:thup: I'd agree with that starting line-up, given injuries and the like.

While Routledge hasn't shown much end product so far, hopefully his pace will be enough to (at least) draw some fouls out of their full back, and earn him (the FB)  a card (or two).

Pardew will probably go with:

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton    Smith      Nolan

Routledge                              Jonas

Shola

Pardew will probably go with:

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enrique

Barton    Smith      Nolan

Routledge                               Jonas

Shola

Gosling in for Smith and I'd be relatively happy with that.

Even if it's a massive risk, the risk outweighs the definite disaster of playing Alan Smith.

Gosling's injury was quite serious and apparently the friendly the other day were his first 60 minutes. Too early to start surely..

definitly, bench at best and even thats stretching things a bit.

however i look at their midfield and defence and don't get massivly worried.

Gosling's injury was quite serious and apparently the friendly the other day were his first 60 minutes. Too early to start surely..

Quite serious. :laugh:

He's been out for nine months. Starting him would be ridiculous, never going to happen.

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enerque

Barton    Smith      Nolan          Jonas

Shola       Best

Crazy to leave out a hat trick scorer from our previous league game....

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enerque

Barton    Smith      Nolan          Jonas

Shola       Best

Crazy to leave out a hat trick scorer from our previous league game....

even crazier to put in alan smith when there is absolutly no need.

He's been out for nine months. Starting him would be ridiculous, never going to happen.

Of course I agree that it's not going to happen.

However I'd rather see Guthrie, Gosling or even Vuckic out there as opposed to Smith. Hence hanging onto any possibility that excludes that fraud from any potential line-ups.

Starting Smith would be ridiculous, starting Gosling would be risky.

I think he'll play some part, just down to the injury situation and that if Smith does start he'll be shite and probably booked within the first 20mins.

Pardew is probably thinking Should I start Smith to end well with Gosling or ride out the initial siege with a decent footballer like Gosling then let it all fall apart at the end when Smith comes on.

Lads, Pardew is going to start him, its nailed on. Theres no point in even hoping to see a starting 11 without him.

I don't know why you'd think that? Surely the idea of Tiote on the bench last week was because he thought he could do a job, and the fact he felt he had to bring him off because he was shite against a League Two side suggests he doesn't fancy him.

Lads, Pardew is going to start him, its nailed on. Theres no point in even hoping to see a starting 11 without him.

I don't know why you'd think that? Surely the idea of Tiote on the bench last week was because he thought he could do a job, and the fact he felt he had to bring him off because he was shite against a League Two side suggests he doesn't fancy him.

The other players i.e. Nolan and Barton were more likely to get a goal than Smith tbf. I just think managers still rate Smith, I mean we have seen it time and time again since he came here. It wouldnt surprise me in the slightest if Pardew sees Smith as a direct replacement for Tiote, rather than reshaping the midfield moving Barton etc. I guess we will see on Sunday, I hope to fuck im wrong and he doesnt start.

People are idiot when they are argue about it...... I am not a fan of Smith but I don't think we can have any other choice.... he is our second defensive midfielder and that won't change until we sell him and get another person. It was stupid decision to play Tiote last week but thats that. We can't play Gosling as he was very tired against Hibs in 70 minutes. The energy of Sunday game will make him tired in 30 minuets. I don't fancy Rout and Loven as well as they are light wighted. i hope Smith will perform his best performance and that would be an adequate thing for us. This club needs 2 more of Tiotes until we become a good away side.

Why not try Fergie on the left and Jonas on the right?

Yes Jonas has that 'relationship' with Enrique. By relationship i mean Enrique does all the work. And i'm pretty sure Jonas is right footed the amount of times he tends to cut in etc. Worht a try :dontknow:

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton

Rouledge            Nolan            Jonas

Shola    Best/Loven

It's gotta be that for me to at least start with.