Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why not try Fergie on the left and Jonas on the right?

Yes Jonas has that 'relationship' with Enrique. By relationship i mean Enrique does all the work. And i'm pretty sure Jonas is right footed the amount of times he tends to cut in etc. Worht a try :dontknow:

You can't just put Ferguson straight into the team, in a derby game, in his first Premier League start for us.

Yes Jonas has that 'relationship' with Enrique. By relationship i mean Enrique does all the work. And i'm pretty sure Jonas is right footed the amount of times he tends to cut in etc. Worht a try :dontknow:

You can't just put Ferguson straight into the team, in a derby game, in his first Premier League start for us.

We did with Jenas pretty much (granted he'd had a few games under his belt at Forest in Division One) and he ran the show.

Jenas had been playing regular football though and had even captained Forest before he moved. Ferguson has barely any experience, would be madness and irresponsible to start him in such an important match.

We did with Jenas pretty much (granted he'd had a few games under his belt at Forest in Division One) and he ran the show.

True, but wasn't that against a team on the verge of setting a record low points total in the PL? Situations are a bit different this time.

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enrique

Barton

Rouledge             Nolan             Jonas

Shola    Best/Loven

It's gotta be that for me to at least start with.

swap williamson for Taylor!

Williamson didn´t look good against stevenage

Jenas had been playing regular football though and had even captained Forest before he moved. Ferguson has barely any experience, would be madness and irresponsible to start him in such an important match.

Well i dont see how people can justify playing Routledge or Smith...

Routledge is the most sensible option, despite his poor form. He has showed he has ability before and while he's a shrinking violet, he's worth a gamble considering the options available.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton

Rouledge            Nolan            Jonas

Shola    Best/Loven

Taylor's injured

Harper

Simpson   Williamson   Coloccini   Enrique

Barton

Rouledge             Nolan             Jonas

Shola    Best/Loven

Taylor's injured

will it is then...no problem

Harper

Simpson  Williamson  Coloccini  Enrique

Barton

Rouledge            Nolan            Jonas

Shola    Best/Loven

STaylor is out injured for this match.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Looking forward to this now. The more I read Mackem shite the more excited I get about this match. Be funny if we hammer them agian, or even win 1-0 after they've been attacking relentlessly for 90mins trying to win. Either way....  :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Guest Wearside

Ok then here is how I see it going.

I honestly can't see us losing and think we will win but it won't be the walk in the park some people are predicting and I'm expecting it too be close.I think the loss of Carroll is a massive blow to you as from what I've seen this season nearly everything goes through him whether that being scoring goals,holding the ball up,creating stuff for the likes of Nolan etc and yes I'm aware Ameobi loves scoring against us but IMO Carroll is a huge blow to you lot.

Everyone at Sunderland has been waiting for this day since that dark day in October :( and everyone will be bang up for this one and all people are talking about is "revenge".

The first 20 minutes I'm expecting all out attack for us as we will be very wound up and the crowd will be baying for blood,if you get through that though then the game could take a different complexion and who knows how it could pan out but with the home record we have I just can't see us losing especially with the 2 key players you have missing.

I'm going for a 1-0 or 2-0 scoreline and if we lose or draw I will come on here on Monday and take it on the chin and if we win I will probably not post as I doubt you will want a mackem rubbing it in.

If any of you are going to the game then stay safe and have a good day.

Someone gets paid for this.

That someone has to do this for all 20 teams. I know some of you here can't name a starting eleven for most sides.

they have different journalists covering each match. and also, they're paid to do that shit. i reckon if most on here were given a job as a football journalist at the guardian they'd do a better job than she who can eat an apple through a tennis raquet.

I honestly can't see us losing and think we will win but it won't be the walk in the park some people are predicting and I'm expecting it too be close.I think the loss of Carroll is a massive blow to you as from what I've seen this season nearly everything goes through him whether that being scoring goals,holding the ball up,creating stuff for the likes of Nolan etc and yes I'm aware Ameobi loves scoring against us but IMO Carroll is a huge blow to you lot.

Everyone at Sunderland has been waiting for this day since that dark day in October :( and everyone will be bang up for this one and all people are talking about is "revenge".

The first 20 minutes I'm expecting all out attack for us as we will be very wound up and the crowd will be baying for blood,if you get through that though then the game could take a different complexion and who knows how it could pan out but with the home record we have I just can't see us losing especially with the 2 key players you have missing.

I'm going for a 1-0 or 2-0 scoreline and if we lose or draw I will come on here on Monday and take it on the chin and if we win I will probably not post as I doubt you will want a mackem rubbing it in.

If you're going to win I think you're going to have to score first, if we score first your arses will drop out.

I know one thing for certain, no matter what the score, our players will be supported for 90 minutes and they'll not lose half of their supporters at half time.  I can’t remember ever seeing anything like last October in all of my time watching football.

:thup:

Agree with your analysis of the game and the probable scoreline too.

:thup:

Agree with your analysis of the game and the probable scoreline too.

mackem

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Aye.

Thanks for that.

By the way the bit in your post about our reliance on Carroll - we've just taken 6 points and scored 6 goals in two League games and he's not been anywhere near the pitch.  ;)