Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

If Tiote is out who is going to do the midfield running.

If the answer is Smith & Nolan then prepare the largest wager on a home win you can afford, then at least ease the pain of defeat with some winnings from your bet.

Gosling  :lol:

Not played football for a year and you want to start him in the local derby?  :idiot2:

Rather see Smith or Guthrie?

No, i rather see Barton and Nolan.

The central midfield battle will be absolutly vital, and to start with a player who hasn't played football for over a year would be fucking stupid.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Gosling  :lol:

Not played football for a year and you want to start him in the local derby?  :idiot2:

Barton's far better out wide.

Gosling  :lol:

Not played football for a year and you want to start him in the local derby?  :idiot2:

Barton's far better out wide.

I think Barton is just as good in the middle of the park but he's needed on the right. Move Barton into the centre and we've no ammunition for Carroll and Shola which will render us pretty much toothless in front of goal. Jonas & Routledge are only capable of finding the first man and the corner flag on the other side of the pitch respectively.

Unless Pardew signs someone we're buggered.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Unlikely but I'm hoping we get a signing done this week, our backup to the likes of Tiote and Barton is shockingly bad

His training sessions have been good. They are different to what Chris Hughton was doing. He has got his own method.

That wouldn't be Taylor doing his usual party piece of saying how much better the new gaffer is compared to the old one, having praised the previous gaffer when they were the 'new' one?

Nice to see he's nailed his colours to the Good Ship Pardew so fucking early.

Guest schmuck

Isn't holding midfielder supposedly in Perch's 'repertoire'? (Aye, I know, so is fullback apparently) but law of averages, he must be good at something.

Well both teams have an embarrassing result to get over. Let's hope it's us who does it! Sunderland followed up getting hammered by us by going on a good run. I hope the same happens to us after the Stevenage result. At least Notts County have shown Sunderland can be beaten at home.

Well both teams have an embarrassing result to get over. Let's hope it's us who does it! Sunderland followed up getting hammered by us by going on a good run. I hope the same happens to us after the Stevenage result. At least Notts County have shown Sunderland can be beaten at home.

Only by Barcelona though.

Is this game on sky or espn?

Neither.