Sunderland v Newcastle United pre-match thread - Sun 16th Jan at 12!

Beren

Yeah I thought it may have been a Pardew bluff until I saw that article. Bit elaborate to have his comments published on the site under 'My derby day disappointment' if it's all just a ploy.

Would be brilliant if it was. It's never going to happen though.

Guest Roy the Irish Magpie

I'm not looking forward to Newcastle vs Sunderland match tomorrow not by any strech of my imagination.

I will still be watching of course and since sky somehow think the villa derby is more important I'll have to make do wih an illegal streaming site

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110115/nolan-we-can-be-heroes_2281670_2267857

Captain Kevin Nolan has issued a rallying cry to his troops on the eve of Sunday's derby clash at Sunderland, and has challenged his team-mates to be "heroes" at the Stadium of Light.

Nolan was the star of October's 5-1 win at St. James' Park, with a hat-trick that has gone down in Tyneside folklore, but he insists the whole team can etch themselves into the hearts of the United faithful.

"We played so well on that day in October and I think if we can march the attitude, the commitment and the desire that we showed then, we can definitely come away with a positive result," Nolan told nufc.co.uk.

"All the onus is on Sunderland. They're the ones who have shouted about it since that day, they're the ones who have said they want revenge and things like that, but it's up to us to go out there, be professional and do what we've done in the last few league games. If we do that I'm sure we'll come up trumps."

Last time around, Newcastle made their mark early on, steaming into tackles from the first whistle to set the tone for the rest of the game, and Nolan is demanding the same on Sunday.

"Everything has to be done in the right way," he said. "We won't get carried away by the occasion - we know it's a fantastic occasion and we're all very priveledged to be playing in this game but we've got to make sure we don't get carried away by it and we do the job professionally.

"Everyone in that dressing room knows it'll be a team effort. There's not just one individual who carries this team. There's a real team ethic here; we all win together, we all lose together, we all do well together and we all do badly together at times.

"We've got to make sure that we keep working together. If we do, hopefully we'll all be 11 heroes on Sunday to the Toon faithful, who I'm sure will be there in their numbers and will hopefully be cheering another win."

;D

What's the likely mackem line up?

i'll give it a go.

gordon

onouha  ferdinand  bramble  bardsley

elmohamady    henderson  richardson  zenden

bent  gyan

richardson left back,bardsley to the right,onouha in the middle if clattermole fit.

i'll give it a go.

gordon

bent  gyan

richardson left back,bardsley to the right,onouha in the middle if clattermole fit.

weak in the middle of the park, shame we'll be too otherwise I'd fancy us. If Cattermole does play Barton could have a field day against Richardson but on the same premise they'd be a lot more dangerous down the left.

i will probably be listening to the first half at work tomorrow with a mackem. (good lad though, helped each other out for games before divorce cost him his season ticket, non gloating from us both in the past)

i'll give it a go.

gordon

bent  gyan

weak in the middle of the park, shame we'll be too otherwise I'd fancy us. If Cattermole does play Barton could have a field day against Richardson but on the same premise they'd be a lot more dangerous down the left.

Their forwards are the only ones that concern me. Bent and Gyan will take some looking after.