FA reject unfair dismissal appeal from NUFC for Cheik Tiote

Crumpy Gunt
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Andre Marriner should be kept well away from professional football and go back to a level he can control.

Totally conned yesterday by the Stevenage player and the reaction of a rabid crowd, he is just unfit for this level of the game.

Tiote's red must be rescinded if there is any justice in the game.

Guest michaelfoster

Soon as he jumped in he lost control of the tackle, regardless if he got the ball it was a dangerous tackle, no way this will be recinded

Guest Stephen927

The way he hooks the ball back shows he had only the ball on his mind. The way he threw himself in is the sticking point. If he goes in a fraction too late, he goes through the players standing foot.

It's a good challenge but it was reckless. I don't think it was a red, a yellow and a strong talking to.

The way he hooks the ball back shows he had only the ball on his mind. The way he threw himself in is the sticking point. If he goes in a fraction too late, he goes through the players standing foot.

It's a good challenge but it was reckless. I don't think it was a red, a yellow and a strong talking to.

But that's a red in the eyes of the 'Laws of the Game'. It's not the outcome, it's the action itself, which was a lunge and if he'd got it even a fraction wrong (yes I know he didn't), he could have snapped the player in two.

Guest Stephen927

But that's a red in the eyes of the 'Laws of the Game'. It's not the outcome, it's the action itself, which was a lunge and if he'd got it even a fraction wrong (yes I know he didn't), he could have snapped the player in two.

It's not the outcome, but then you go onto say he could have snapped the player in two. So it is, really, the possible outcome that the ref judges the challenge on. The outcome was both players got up, let's not wrap the players in cotton wool.

Just to clarify a point.... The steps to disciplining players go along a sliding scale.

*A careless tackle is one that's merely worthy of a free kick, and perhaps a word.

*A reckless tackle would be worthy of a yellow card.

*A tackle which uses excessive force and/or endangers the safety of an opponent is worthy of a red card.

The difficult bit is what you deem to be endangering the safety of an opponent. 

Guest sicko2ndbest

Gerrard won the ball :shifty:

Hahahaha

That was 10 times worse than tiotes. Gerrard jumped at the player two feet studs up