Pitch invasion...

GM

As I put in the match thread, only thing I can think of is it's some local that has a personal problem with that player and took the chance to land one on him. At lower levels the players aren't anywhere near as separated from the public as they are in the Premier League.

As I put in the match thread, only thing I can think of is it's some local that has a personal problem with that player and took the chance to land one on him. At lower levels the players aren't anywhere near as separated from the public as they are in the Premier League.

what i think too.

Well the Fa hates NUFC so they will probably give the club a ridicoulos fine even though we had nothing to do with it :/

@Marcotti on twitter

"I write "appears to punch" bc fan appears to be Stevenage fan (goes to celeb w/Stevenage). So maybe just mates messing about..."

tbf he doesn't flee like you would expect somebody to do after that.

Guest toonlass

More twitter info is saying the bloke was a pissed up "Stevenage fan for the day". Who knows. At least it wasn't one of our lads.

PM mate, I thought it could be a Newcastle fan because that's how it was presented to me initially, and it's hard to see properly on an Android phone.Plus, he ran away towards the Away end, so it seemed quite likely to be a case of sour grapes...

:dontknow:

PM mate, I thought it could be a Newcastle fan because that's how it was presented to me initially, and it's hard to see properly on an Android phone.Plus, he ran away towards the Away end, so it seemed quite likely to be a case of sour grapes...

:dontknow:

He doesn't run away towards the away end though. On the extended video I posted before, he simply proceeds to run around in circles waving the scarf about and continues to mingle with celebrating fans.