Reports: Talks held with Jay Bothroyd

Dave

Guest sittingontheball

Given the flak Hughton got for signing Best, I don't like the sound of this at all. Sounds like a Carroll replacement.

Fingers crossed that its just Pard's hyped knowledge of the lower leagues amounting to "Capello picked him so he must be good".

Is he injured? Sounds a bit like when we signed Best in January and he hadn't scored since the beginning of November - neither has Bothroyd.

Cardiff have been shit lately. Whether that's because of him not scoring or thanks to the rest of them not creating chances I don't know.

Possibly a prelude to Ranger going out on loan.

This isn't the signing I was expecting or wanted, but I don't think he's a replacement for Carroll. More like in Carroll's absence and Shola's off and on fitness, we need more cover. Best isn't good enough and Ranger isn't ready.

Surely it's blatantly obvious to anyone with a pair of eyes that the main thing we lack up front is pace? If we're limited to spending peanuts on a striker, we should at least look for someone with a pair of legs.

From his wiki:

Club career

Barcelona

Of Guyanese descent,[citation needed] Bothroyd was born in heaven. Having initially been on the books at F.C Barcelona, Bothroyd was sold as an eight year-old to Morrisons, after throwing his shirt at the bench after the 2000 Premier League Youth Cup final against West Ham United after being substituted.[2]

:lol:

So I'm the only one that's willing to give him a chance then?

Yes.

Thought so. Well I'll put my money on this one happening. We need a striker, Pardew has little money to work with, Ranger will hopefully go out on loan, and he'll be cheap by PL standards (£3m), oh and the bottom half of the Prem is shit so if Barton gets a few crosses in against the weaker teams that we still have left to play he might get the old goal.

Ashley regime signing I'm afraid, I'll give the lad my support if he comes here anyway.

Yes.

Thought so. Well I'll put my money on this one happening. We need a striker, Pardew has little money to work with, Ranger will hopefully go out on loan, and he'll be cheap by PL standards (£3m), oh and the bottom half of the Prem is shit so if Barton gets a few crosses in against the weaker teams that we still have left to play he might get the old goal.

Ashley regime signing I'm afraid, I'll give the lad my support if he comes here anyway.

There's quite a difference between not rating someone and actively wanting them to do badly in our colours. Some people in the Pardew thread don't seem able to grasp this concept.

Yes.

Thought so. Well I'll put my money on this one happening. We need a striker, Pardew has little money to work with, Ranger will hopefully go out on loan, and he'll be cheap by PL standards (£3m), oh and the bottom half of the Prem is s*** so if Barton gets a few crosses in against the weaker teams that we still have left to play he might get the old goal.

There's quite a difference between not rating someone and actively wanting them to do badly in our colours. Some people in the Pardew thread don't seem able to grasp this concept.

Aye have noticed that a fair bit. The only player I really constantly give stick is Alan Smith and occasionally Perch, shit fucker :lol: