Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur Saturday 22nd January 3pm

QBG

Would take a point from this game now if offered - they have far more quality than we do, esp up front.

IF Carroll is fit, we stand a chance of shading it, and had Tiote also been available we would have been in with a decent shout. As it is, a point would be very welcome but it will be very tough.

Would take a point from this game now if offered - they have far more quality than we do, esp up front.

IF Carroll is fit, we stand a chance of shading it, and had Tiote also been available we would have been in with a decent shout. As it is, a point would be very welcome but it will be very tough.

Could well have been written last week about the Sunderland game and we dominated that match and were unlucky not to win.

Granted Spurs have a lot more quality than Sunderland and it will be a very difficult game, but if we get the atmosphere going in the stadium and show the same kind of discipline as yesterday we could get something.

One thing for sure this present day Newcastle United will show great spirit and fight for everything.

Taking my lass to this one, she's my lucky charm.  Her record this season.

Newcastle 5-1 Sunderland

Newcastle 5 -0 West Ham

Do it mate, we need all the help we can get!

Tiote's a big miss, so I think we might need some help from Gomes to get much from this game.

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrqiue

Barton  Nolan  Gosling  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

is how I would line up.

I would probably not start Gosling just yet, I'd give Guthrie another chance. I'd want to give Gosling 30 minutes though.

Obviously depending on Carroll's fitness as well.

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Colo  Enrqiue

Barton  Nolan  Gosling  Jonas

Ameobi  Best

is how I would line up.

I would probably not start Gosling just yet, I'd give Guthrie another chance. I'd want to give Gosling 30 minutes though.

Obviously depending on Carroll's fitness as well.

Carroll in for Best if he's fit, but I don't think he will be.

On the Gosling front, I'd rather give him 45-60 minutes at the start of the game. Assess him at half time, if he's ok then give him another 15 minutes and replace him with Guthrie on the hour mark. I just think it's less pressure on him and gives him the chance to find his feet in the game, rather than bringing him on with half an hour to go, when we're either chasing the game or trying to defend a lead.

If STaylor is fit I would do something unorthodox and play Colo as defensive midfilder.... He is good at the ball read the game well and his pass is second to non why not try?

Harper

Simpson  Willi  Taylor  Enrqiue

Barton  Nolan  Colo  Jonas

Ameobi  Best