Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

Brummie  - Post some links if you see them of what Villa fans are saying about Brucey.

He's got a face that looks like its been just too close to a quantum singularity.

He's got a face like a blistered piss pot.

hes got a face that looks like it has been chasing stationary buses...

"Does Bruce still highlight his hair?

What was the point of that?

Like putting bay windows on a shithouse"

"Face like a blind cobblers thumb.

So ugly his Mother used to feed him by catapult.

So ugly he could use his bottom lip as a bathing cap"

:spit:

Brummie  - Post some links if you see them of what Villa fans are saying about Brucey.

He's got a face that looks like its been just too close to a quantum singularity.

So can't get past his face then.  :lol:

So can't get past his face then.  :lol:

Bruce has previous with us (obv) from his spell with Blues, so most comment about him is about his sad whingeing face, hence the chants of "sit down potato head" every time he emerges from the bench at our place.

He's a bit of a comedy character for us and has been ever since that incident with him getting into a fight and copping a black eye from Lee Hendrie (who had been tupping his daughter)

Brummie  - Post some links if you see them of what Villa fans are saying about Brucey.

:lol: :lol:

Bagpuss sounds like he's losing the plot. He should have sympathy with Bent, both want to be at Newcastle and both know they never will. At least Bent's had the bottle to move away and stop pining for us.

;D A lot more truth in that than any mackem would be able to bear.

Probably the best thing about this transfer is that thousands of sunderland fans are now going to have BENT on their back for no good reason

Apparently the club shop is offering to change any recently sold "Bent" shirts to "Straight", free of charge as a gesture of good will.

Probably the best thing about this transfer is that thousands of sunderland fans are now going to have BENT on their back for no good reason

:facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/qTLPM.gif

I like the idea that hundreds of Sunderland will now be walking around with BENT written on the shirts for no apparent reason

;D

:facepalm:

http://i.imgur.com/qTLPM.gif

I like the idea that hundreds of Sunderland will now be walking around with BENT written on the shirts for no apparent reason

;D

So, do we have a confirmation of how much Spurs are owed from this deal? I heard rumours of most of the £18m being paid up front, but now that isn't true? Any ideas?

I'm basically just wondering as I want to use it against a Mackem mate who is a classic example of believing what you want to believe. i.e. "yeah but we got 24m for bent, haha villa are mugs!!1!!1!!!!"

Despite securing a clubrecord fee for Bent, Quinn claims the terms of the deal, allied to the £4m-plus that Sunderland owed Tottenham for the outstanding balance of the agreement that took the striker to the Stadium of Light in the first place, means there is not a bottomless pit to raid this month.

“You do your transfers in stages and we still owed Spurs money,” he said. “The first sum Aston Villa have paid us is barely enough to pay Spurs, so I don’t have money burning a hole in my pocket. But in the next three years I will have.

“We didn’t get handed a cheque for £24m – we got handed a cheque for about a quarter of that, but we had to pay Spurs the remainder of the money we owed them. If we can find a club that will allow us to pay in stages, we will do that.”

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8802445.Quinn__time_needed_to_sign_Bent_replacement/

So, do we have a confirmation of how much Spurs are owed from this deal? I heard rumours of most of the £18m being paid up front, but now that isn't true? Any ideas?

I'm basically just wondering as I want to use it against a Mackem mate who is a classic example of believing what you want to believe. i.e. "yeah but we got 24m for bent, haha villa are mugs!!1!!1!!!!"

Well, nobody really knows, but supposedly Quinn and Jamie Redknapp have said 6M. That's supposed to be sell-on fee  plus some money still due to us, God knows, but lookee here

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8802445.Quinn__time_needed_to_sign_Bent_replacement/

Hmm, if the first payment of "around a quarter of £24m" was "barely enough to pay Spurs" for the original Bent transfer, that's quite a hit. In other words it could be seen as about £12m + add ons, not £18m + add ons. Oh dear.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the mackems have vastly overspent from Keane to Bruce and need to recoup some of that outlay, especially as their gates are falling, no sign of European football on the horizon and poor corporate/sponsorship prospects due to well, being fucking sunderland. A club whose own players cannot abide living there, whose fans eat, drink, shop and party in Newcastle rather than their shit-tip of a dump they call sunlun. I can see Gyan being sold as well as Henderson in the coming months and years, mind, like Bent, they are average too.

Going to be a scream watching them bring in an overpriced panic buy or over the hill flop.

We should run a forum sweep on it, I'll go with a January 31st return for Sewper Kev.

I think the mackems have vastly overspent from Keane to Bruce and need to recoup some of that outlay, especially as their gates are falling, no sign of European football on the horizon and poor corporate/sponsorship prospects due to well, being fucking sunderland. A club whose own players cannot abide living there, whose fans eat, drink, shop and party in Newcastle rather than their shit-tip of a dump they call sunlun. I can see Gyan being sold as well as Henderson in the coming months and years, mind, like Bent, they are average too.

Bent isn't average really; few players in this league have matched him for goals in recent years.

Gyan is a pretty decent striker IMO - whether he can keep it up in this league is a different matter as iirc, he was hardly clinical at Udinese or Rennes.

Henderson is overrated. Watched him a few times now and nothing particularly impresses me. He's alright - but he's young and English, hence worth £15m.

Guest Howaythetoon

I think the mackems have vastly overspent from Keane to Bruce and need to recoup some of that outlay, especially as their gates are falling, no sign of European football on the horizon and poor corporate/sponsorship prospects due to well, being f***ing sunderland. A club whose own players cannot abide living there, whose fans eat, drink, shop and party in Newcastle rather than their s***-tip of a dump they call sunlun. I can see Gyan being sold as well as Henderson in the coming months and years, mind, like Bent, they are average too.

Bent isn't average really; few players in this league have matched him for goals in recent years.

Gyan is a pretty decent striker IMO - whether he can keep it up in this league is a different matter as iirc, he was hardly clinical at Udinese or Rennes.

Henderson is overrated. Watched him a few times now and nothing particularly impresses me. He's alright - but he's young and English, hence worth £15m.

I meant he's an average footballer. I don't rate Gyan, he's a typical African forward, pace, power, running but can be a headless chicken at times. Henderson... if he's being touted as some kind of future star then people must be blind, he's less than average and that's not me being biased.

Relatively sensible mackem at work says if anyone offered them £4m for Henderson, they should rip their hands off. That'd be too much, from what I've seen of him.