Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

They do look better with one up front, and as such they'll always struggle to keep Bent and Gyan happy. Might be an OK sale if they use the money well on the rest of the squad.

Gyan has hit some form, but I don't think he's that consistent. They'll struggle with just him and Campbell, and I doubt they can attract anyone better than Bent.

Think of all the loan signings they can get with £18m!

with that 18mill they could probably but onouha, elmohamday, mensah and still have 4 or 5 million to put towards a forward (in order to stay where they are)

4 or 5m won't buy much in a jan market for strikers

They do look better with one up front, and as such they'll always struggle to keep Bent and Gyan happy. Might be an OK sale if they use the money well on the rest of the squad.

Gyan has hit some form, but I don't think he's that consistent. They'll struggle with just him and Campbell, and I doubt they can attract anyone better than Bent.

Guess they'll just be looking for a cheap-ish backup striker and spend the rest on midfield and defence.

Guest neesy111

Does look like he's been tapped up though, Transfer Request and then Villa next day make an 18M bid.

other way round apparently, he put in the request after hearing about the bid.

So he'll be forfeiting his percentage of the transfer deal, shows how desperate he is to get away.

Think of all the loan signings they can get with £18m!

with that 18mill they could probably but onouha, elmohamday, mensah and still have 4 or 5 million to put towards a forward (in order to stay where they are)

4 or 5m won't buy much in a jan market for strikers

frpm what i've seen recently they'd be better off with gyan and welbeck

Why would he leave the mackems for relegation zone villa?

Because Villa are a bigger club than Sunderland.

Villa is in the midlands where Bent will probably feel more at home. Sunderland's a strange place for black people, which is why most of their players live in Newcastle. If bent lived in Sunderland he'd be getting his windows put out every night.

They racially abused his ma ffs, no wonder he wants away from that shithole.

There's just so much wrong with this deal I'm not sure where to start:

- I'm laughing that Sunderland are losing their best player and only natural goalscorer

- I'm curious to see what Brucey can do with £18m, hopefully utterly waste it

- Villa are overpaying and are desperate, but tbh Bent will probably keep them up. Sadly.

I imagine they'll go for Insomnia and try get Wellbeck permanent if Bruce is allowed to spend the money. Can't help thinking Ellis Short will be getting disillusioned with the joys of being Sunderland owner and start tightening the purse strings tho

I wouldn't laugh too much, we could yet lose Carroll. And I dont think it's that bad business for them.

Losing your best striker to bring in somebody like Owen? What's good business about it? Gyan is not good enough and Welbeck is off back to Man U.