Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

i do find quinns and bruces allegations quite insulting to football fans intelligence tbh. Its blatantly just a spin just to avoid flack from the fans that they without much of a fight let they're best striker go to a club in a much worse position than them while they actually had half a chance of doing something credible in the league for once.

Now their top scorers gone, welbecks gone for up to 2 months, campbell as well as being shit is going to be lucky to play again this season so their relying entirely on gyan for goals and staying fit while they attempt to get in some cheap replacement like fuller (though 3m isn't exactly cheap is it) because levy took the cash they got in the 1st payment and hope they can squeeze something resembling a performance out of him and pray one of their midfielders gets a vague notion of where the goal is.

Do they honestly only have 3 strikers at the minute, 2 who are injured and one who isn't impartial to the odd niggling injury?

I'd imagine even if they get Fuller he won't be able to play this weekend so what happens if Gyan needs to go off after 5 minutes or something? :lol:

I can only assume that the 5Live lot that were discussing this the other night have never actually set foot on wearside considering their bemusement at somebody wanting to leave. They've always been a stepping stone club. I could give you a big long list of players who've stayed with us longer than five years in my years supporting NUFC, some more welcome than others. Even the shite is desperate to be away from that place so God knows how they expect to keep the odd decent player.

Ha ha ha, talk about hypocritical - on two counts, tapping up Bent themselves, and negotiating with Spurs to sell them Jones then acting offended about it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5594062.ece

Harry Redknapp angered by Sunderland tactics

Tottenham Hotspur manager accuses the Wearside club of double standards over their bid to sign striker Darren Bent

Harry Redknapp accused Sunderland of double standards last night over their attempts to sign Darren Bent. The Tottenham Hotspur manager reacted angrily to Sunderland's charge that the North London club had led a concerted attempt to unsettle Kenwyne Jones by alleging that the Wearside club had pursued their interest in Bent without Spurs' knowledge and approval.

Tottenham, who entertain Stoke City at White Hart Lane tonight, had offered Bent in part exchange for Jones, the Trinidad & Tobago striker, during discussions between the clubs two weeks ago, but the deal appeared to have died when Sunderland insisted that Jones was not for sale. However, Redknapp claimed that Sunderland have been speaking to Bent's representatives about a possible transfer, after being told so by the forward.

“Darren came to see me to say, ‘I hear Sunderland want me, what do you know?'” Redknapp said. “I said, ‘I haven't spoken to anyone and if they are interested they will have to ring the chairman.' He said, ‘Well, my agent says they want me.' So someone is talking to someone. I could say they [sunderland] have done the same thing to Darren Bent because his agent has obviously been talking to someone at Sunderland to know they are interested. So if they are mentioning Darren Bent, why are they mentioning Darren Bent? Is someone upsetting Darren Bent?”

The wrangle will strain further Redknapp's relationship with Bent, who was angered when his manager joked that his wife could have scored with the kind of free header that the striker missed against Portsmouth nine days ago.

Redknapp said that the club were encouraged to show interest in Jones because Sunderland had sent out mixed signals about the player's future. Tottenham were reported to have been prepared to pay £15 million for the player, who had moved from Southampton to Sunderland for £6million at the beginning of last season, but that deal appears to be dead. “Last night he [Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman] thought that Jones had signed a new contract at Sunderland, so I think the deal's off,” Redknapp said.

Responding to suggestions that Spurs had sought to unsettle Jones, Redknapp said that there had been discussions about a deal between the two chairmen. “I don't know why Niall Quinn is talking to Daniel if they don't want to sell him,” Redknapp said. “Why do you talk to someone if you don't want to sell someone?”

Responding to suggestions that Spurs had sought to unsettle Jones, Redknapp said that there had been discussions about a deal between the two chairmen. “I don't know why Niall Quinn is talking to Daniel if they don't want to sell him,” Redknapp said. “Why do you talk to someone if you don't want to sell someone?”

Interesting how willing they seem to be to sell their top players (which Kenwyne would've been at that time). Says volumes tbh.

Interesting how willing they seem to be to sell their top players (which Kenwyne would've been at that time). Says volumes tbh.

It's not so much that as the "woe is us" act when they subsequently do sell them.

Oh indeed, it's pathetic that they're trying to deflect the fact they so easily gave in to sell him by dragging the player's and Villa's names through the mud. But just also interesting how readily they will sell their players.

Guest toonlass

TBH they can't really complain. I can't see how St Niall didn't have any clue of Villa's interest and then in 48 hours Bent has signed for them. I reckon that St Niall has been working behind Bruce's back a bit like when Gary Speed was sold and Sir Bobby knew nothing about it. It's just that the mackems cannot accept that Niall Quinn is not holier than God, and so will blame anyone else for their players going.

TBH they can't really complain. I can't see how St Niall didn't have any clue of Villa's interest and then in 48 hours Bent has signed for them. I reckon that St Niall has been working behind Bruce's back a bit like when Gary Speed was sold and Sir Bobby knew nothing about it. It's just that the mackems cannot accept that Niall Quinn is not holier than God, and so will blame anyone else for their players going.

Houllier just said in his press conference on SSN that Lerner spoke to Short about it, then Paul Faulkner (our CEO) negotiated the deal with Niall Quinn, and all through that, Lerner and Faulkner were keeping Houllier up to date with what was happening in the deal.

He then said he assumed Quinn would have kept Bruce up to date, but that doesn't seem to be the way it was at their end, but that's not his problem.

He also said that every point in the negotiations, Sunderland had the chance to say no, but they didn't, they wanted to sell the player.

Guest toonlass

Houllier just said in his press conference on SSN that Lerner spoke to Short about it, then Paul Faulkner (our CEO) negotiated the deal with Niall Quinn, and all through that, Lerner and Faulkner were keeping Houllier up to date with what was happening in the deal.

He then said he assumed Quinn would have kept Bruce up to date, but that doesn't seem to be the way it was at their end, but that's not his problem.

He also said that every point in the negotiations, Sunderland had the chance to say no, but they didn't, they wanted to sell the player.

Aye I just saw that. Sounds like Bruce just has a case of sour grapes. The mackems won't see it that way, they believe the sun shines out of Niall Quinn's arse.

Aye I just saw that. Sounds like Bruce just has a case of sour grapes. The mackems won't see it that way, they believe the sun shines out of Niall Quinn's arse.

I actually quite like Quinn, but in that interview the other day, he looked far from disappointed at the sale.

Houllier was bang on the money, they are doing all this mud slinging to hide from their fans the fact they wanted to sell the player.

Exactly. I'd be highly surprised if Bruce was kept out of the loop, I think he's just taking Quinn's shit talking and taking it to an even higher level, as he does. They're in this together in deflecting all the flack.

Remember that little allegiance the mackems formed with Villa, when Villa beat us to send us down? I can remember images of a badge incorporating the club crests of both of the 2 horrible clubs being posted somewhere on here. Well, i think thats over now.  ;D

Funny that Bents' left the mackems, but i would love Villa to go down.

Somewhere in this thread there's an edit of that merged badge :lol:

EDIT:

Right, now I've finally been verified... here you go Blefuscu!

http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/2466/daftcunts2.png

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/8513/scumvilla.png

Edit: It wouldn't let me img it because I was linking to the page rather than the image - wouldn't think I'm a web designer, eh?

Now, when are the Mackem's buying Heskey? :D

Ha ha ha, talk about hypocritical - on two counts, tapping up Bent themselves, and negotiating with Spurs to sell them Jones then acting offended about it.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article5594062.ece

Harry Redknapp angered by Sunderland tactics

Tottenham Hotspur manager accuses the Wearside club of double standards over their bid to sign striker Darren Bent

Harry Redknapp accused Sunderland of double standards last night over their attempts to sign Darren Bent. The Tottenham Hotspur manager reacted angrily to Sunderland's charge that the North London club had led a concerted attempt to unsettle Kenwyne Jones by alleging that the Wearside club had pursued their interest in Bent without Spurs' knowledge and approval.

Tottenham, who entertain Stoke City at White Hart Lane tonight, had offered Bent in part exchange for Jones, the Trinidad & Tobago striker, during discussions between the clubs two weeks ago, but the deal appeared to have died when Sunderland insisted that Jones was not for sale. However, Redknapp claimed that Sunderland have been speaking to Bent's representatives about a possible transfer, after being told so by the forward.

“Darren came to see me to say, ‘I hear Sunderland want me, what do you know?'” Redknapp said. “I said, ‘I haven't spoken to anyone and if they are interested they will have to ring the chairman.' He said, ‘Well, my agent says they want me.' So someone is talking to someone. I could say they [sunderland] have done the same thing to Darren Bent because his agent has obviously been talking to someone at Sunderland to know they are interested. So if they are mentioning Darren Bent, why are they mentioning Darren Bent? Is someone upsetting Darren Bent?”

The wrangle will strain further Redknapp's relationship with Bent, who was angered when his manager joked that his wife could have scored with the kind of free header that the striker missed against Portsmouth nine days ago.

Redknapp said that the club were encouraged to show interest in Jones because Sunderland had sent out mixed signals about the player's future. Tottenham were reported to have been prepared to pay £15 million for the player, who had moved from Southampton to Sunderland for £6million at the beginning of last season, but that deal appears to be dead. “Last night he [Daniel Levy, the Tottenham chairman] thought that Jones had signed a new contract at Sunderland, so I think the deal's off,” Redknapp said.

Bruce & Sunderland burning a few bridges over this, not the best way to go about things.