Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

This is a brilliant signing for Villa. When you're sinking like a rock and you have one opportunity to spunk a huge wad of cash on a single player who would come save you from relegation, that man is Darren Bent every single time.

Don't see how it makes any sense for Sunderland though. What was that about their board having more ambition than ours? :lol:

Class player, will score goals wherever he is. A tad expensive perhaps but still i think he's class. Manure fans will be pissed if they get Wellbeck permanent (doubt Manu would sell.)

'Class' player is a bit strong.

Guy can barely strike a football cleanly.

He's effective though.

Four (4) separate threads running on RTG about this, Do they each think they are breaking the news?

Really need to read what is already on there before adding more of the exact same...........

Edit - make that 7 or 8 related threads??

Edit 2 - their server has gone into meltdown and kicked me out due to too many users currenty on-line!!

Transfer request too, ferk me.

Not the best team player as every says, but he scores goals.  Not only does he score, he scores against everybody, a good few against the top teams included. Its not something everyone high up the goal charts does.

If they buy Insomnia with the money, Wigan are down.

If he goes I hope the scum splash out most of the 18m on someone on a par with Stephane Guivarch. Wishful thinking though really.

Most of it will have to be spent to keep the loan players they already have.

Four (4) separate threads running on RTG about this, Do they each think they are breaking the news?

Really need to read what is already on there before adding more of the exact same...........

They always make atleast 5 threads about the same breaking news.

Class player, will score goals wherever he is. A tad expensive perhaps but still i think he's class. Manure fans will be pissed if they get Wellbeck permanent (doubt Manu would sell.)

He's effective though.

He always scores, always reaches double figures in the league, he could play for any club in the country imo.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

That's the end of Agbonwhateverhor then? Was having a torrid season.

People finally realised he was very fast, one footed, and not that good if you actually mark him.

He's effective though.

He always scores, always reaches double figures in the league, he could play for any club in the country imo.

No chance. He'd look like an alien in your team for example. Wouldn't score half as many goals for Arsenal.

Guest johnson293

Would love it if he attributed his handing in of a transfer request to RTG  :lol:

Would love to think the incident with that kid wearing the 'Bent 11' shirt who pushed Harper, had something to do with it too!!

How can Villa be tight on money with O'Neill so he walks, then splash £18m on Bent?

They could have kept O'Neill and gave him that kind of money and be sitting in 6th right now instead of near the bottom.

Absloutly spot on.... Getting rid of a manager who finish you top 6 for three years in a row and hire a clueless one and then buy him a striker for 18 million.... madness...

Because if he'd given MON that money, he'd had bought Aiden McGeady and Kevin Doyle, that's why.

And we didn't "get rid of" him, he walked out on us.

I would walk on you lot as well..... I am sure something fishy happened behind the scene.....