Darren Bent Signs for Aston Villa

Guest neesy111

I don't think this is that great of a deal for Sunderland - much like if we sold Carroll for £18m, rising to £24m.

Yeah they've got a great sum of money out of it, but they're selling their strongest threat upfront. Gyan and Welbeck have been better recently, but Bent is the most consistent. Gyan - Welbeck will be a shit pairing, and the latter is going back to Man U anyway.

Anyway... :lol: :lol: :lol:

good deal for the mackems, he was never going to forge a partnership with gyan, he's not a very good footballer (in that if he doesn't score he does nowt). expect them to bid for n'zogbia straight away aswell as work on man utd to try and get wellbeck on a permanent.

18m won't get both of them, and i doubt fergie would sell welbeck

18mill won't get both but i don't think thats all they are allowed to use. n'zogbia for 11 or 12 and the rest towards wellbeck, whhich i doubt would be too far short really. i don't think they's want to sell wellbeck but if they are made a decent offer they may well have a good look at it, fernandez is looking the bia right now.

Is there any real reason to believe that Wigan would sell N'Zogbia for £11m-£12m?  He's their best player by miles and they basically can't win without him.

good deal for the mackems, he was never going to forge a partnership with gyan, he's not a very good footballer (in that if he doesn't score he does nowt). expect them to bid for n'zogbia straight away aswell as work on man utd to try and get wellbeck on a permanent.

18mill won't get both but i don't think thats all they are allowed to use. n'zogbia for 11 or 12 and the rest towards wellbeck, whhich i doubt would be too far short really. i don't think they's want to sell wellbeck but if they are made a decent offer they may well have a good look at it, fernandez is looking the bia right now.

Is there any real reason to believe that Wigan would sell N'Zogbia for £11m-£12m?  He's their best player by miles and they basically can't win without him.

if a bid comes in and he wants away he'll throw the toys out of the pram and wigan will have little choice.

He doesn't stay around clubs too often as well.  This will be his 4th club already.

At 28 (start of Feb) that's terrible.  :lol:

5th if he moves btw.

27 in feb mate.

Guest neesy111

81 - Since Aug 2005 Darren Bent has scored 81 Premier League goals, only Rooney & Drogba (both 82) have more in the same period. Swoop.

I wish MA would match the offer just for a laugh

i think i could forgive a thing or two from ma if he did that  ;D

Imagine the reaction

SSN - Newcastle have matched Villa's offer for Bent

(Sunderland implodes)

Well worth the @DB11TT search on twitter

:lol:

cra_cha Craig Chapman

f*** off @DB11TT, Judas!! Your not good enough to play for a top 6 club!! Enjoy the Championship with Villa whilst we're competing in Europe

:lol:

:lol: I can see them imploding without him, I really can.

CaulkinTheTimes

81 - Since Aug 2005 Darren Bent has scored 81 Premier League goals, only Rooney & Drogba (both 82) have more in the same period. Swoop.

1 season of that in the Championship too?

I wish MA would match the offer just for a laugh

i think i could forgive a thing or two from ma if he did that  ;D

Imagine the reaction

SSN - Newcastle have matched Villa's offer for Bent

(Sunderland implodes)

go on ashley do it do it!

if a bid comes in and he wants away he'll throw the toys out of the pram and wigan will have little choice.

They'll still have a choice with the fee, especially when they know the team who wants him just got £18m.

CaulkinTheTimes

1 season of that in the Championship too?

Haven't checked myself, but it clearly says premier league goals, so I'd say no to your question.

Two things strike me about this deal.

Firstly, I am flabbergasted that Sunderland are prepared to sell, at any money, when you consider their league position and the fact it is January.

Secondly, something must be very seriously wrong for Bent up there if he's submitted a transfer request.

Sunderland isn't exactly cosmopolitan as Darren Bent's mum found out. It would be even better if they spend the money on N'Zogbia who'll be ready to leave before his suitcase is unpacked.

Villa had 18 million?

Spending £18m now and staying up > Not scoring enough goals and ending up in the Championship.

we'll need to ask brummie if they are creating enough to warrant bringing in a player who is "only" a finisher.