John Carver

Guest neesy111

Carver's definitely worse than Pardew. Initially he looked to play a bit more football, be a bit more attacking. But with all the late goals we've conceded he's thrown that in.  We some how looked more clueless now than before.

He wants to be like Bobby but he just doesn't have the skill, know-how or motivation for it. So he'll try and be like Pardew - and he doesn't have that but of luck Pardew does. Nor is he capable of going on runs of good form due to building momentum.

Carver emulates Pardew in everyway, have you noticed he even licks his lips so he has wet lips like Pardew. If I was interviewing Carver id have some scissors, to cut his fucking tongue off. He looks like Jabba the Hut eyeing up Princess Leia, twat.

Carver emulates Pardew in everyway, have you noticed he even licks his lips so he has wet lips like Pardew. If I was interviewing Carver id have some scissors, to cut his fucking tongue off. He looks like Jabba the Hut eyeing up Princess Leia, twat.

:lol: ffs - not going to be able to get that image out of my head now

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver: "It's another game unbeaten, that's one win, three draws and two defeats now, which is not bad in this league.

What an utter fucking cunt.

Newcastle caretaker manager John Carver: "It's another game unbeaten, that's one win, three draws and two defeats now, which is not bad in this league.

What an utter f***ing c***.

God damn!! Such an achievment!

What an utter fucking cunt.

One win out of six, no wonder he's beaming with pride.

:lol: Shows what kind of man he is.

The next 7 games, bar Villa.  Holy fuck.  Even Villa might prove difficult if they manage to get a new manager in.

I'm sure we'll fluke a win against a top side, Pardew style and nobody will point to all the shit performances and hammerings because of it.

Average over a season would be around 36-38 points. Quality man.

New Newcastle manager Carver too much like predecessor Pardew

Crystal Palace and Newcastle played out a 1-1 draw at Selhurst Park on Wednesday night with Alan Pardew coming up against his old club for the first time since resigning in December.

When clubs change managers they often benefit from what some call 'new manager syndrome' -- an instant upturn in results, usually for a limited amount of time. Something we have seen with Pardew in south London after he won his first few games.

Newcastle haven't benefited from such a bounce though. Why? Rock band 'The Who' touch on it in the lyrics for the song, 'Won't Get Fooled Again'. They sing: "The change, it had to come". Few Newcastle fans would disagree that Pardew had to go -- Newcastle were all-too-often woeful in his last couple of years on Tyneside. The song ends with:

"Meet the new boss,

Same as the old boss."

And therein lies the problem. John Carver was Pardew's number two. He now sits in the job until the end of the season and he is quite clearly a disciple of Pardew. In recent weeks he has compared his former boss to the great Sir Bobby Robson, touted him for the England job and said that he'd give him a hug once Wednesday's game was over.

It is more than just admiration that hinders Carver's approach as Newcastle manager, it is his Pardew-like tactics and actions. It is almost as if nothing has changed at all.

Newcastle led the game through a Papiss Cisse header late in the first half. When Palace equalised with 20 minutes remaining Carver hauled off Cisse and introduced defensively-minded midfielder Mehdi Abeid. This outlined his intentions -- a draw would be sufficient and it is exactly what his predecessor would have done.

Pardew was often ridiculed for Newcastle fans for his love of a left-back -- he sometimes fielded two at the same time, three on one occasion, and in the very least he'd sub one for another. As the clock ticked on at Selhurst Park, Carver, probably acting on a deep-lying instinct drilled into him by his hero, withdrew Remy Cabella replacing him with left-back Paul Dummett. Two left backs on the field yet again. This prompted the away fans to ask "Are you Pardew in disguise?" A fair question.

The 3-0 win at Hull aside, Newcastle have failed to impress under Carver's leadership. Wednesday's draw means that Newcastle have won only one of his seven games in charge -- a terrifying win ratio of only 14%. They threw away two points conceding a late equaliser at home to Stoke on Sunday and then on Wednesday they dropped two more points from a winning position.

There are worrying signs on the field. Newcastle's midfield has been dominated in just about every game lately and the decline in the performances of Moussa Sissoko is alarming. Cheick Tiote has been appalling this season, but he might well be needed once again to add the physical dominance they've been missing.

The point takes Newcastle onto 31 and all Carver will have in mind is to get nine more in order to just about confirm Premier League safety. With Manchester City, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool on the horizon, he might have to start showing more ambition.

Think there are enough worse teams than us to ensure safety, so I'm pretty much hoping the end of the season is s*** enough to wake the idiots in charge.

I think they set the success criteria for Carver in their statement that the target was still 10th. I don't think they will give it to him full time unless he gets at the very least close to that. The way it looks right now, that's not looking very likely especially with the upcoming fixture list.

Think there are enough worse teams than us to ensure safety, so I'm pretty much hoping the end of the season is s*** enough to wake the idiots in charge.

I think they set the success criteria for Carver in their statement that the target was still 10th. I don't think they will give it to him full time unless he gets at the very least close to that. The way it looks right now, that's not looking very likely especially with the upcoming fixture list.

Or if they don't think it's worth getting anyone else or don't want to spend any unnecessary money.

Carver doesn't have a single independent thought in his brain, all he's known for 4 years is Pardball, he doesn't know how to think anything else up of his own accord. Keegan, Robson, they're too long in the past for him to remember the tactics, formations, philosophy or man management. Certainly not with these players. He's just another sheep and another yes man, unfortunately the latter "quality" is the main requirement for the full time position.