John Carver

Guest neesy111

Don't believe he'll get it.  If he does it'll only make things worse for Ashley and strengthen the position of the Ashley out campaign though.

But he already absolved himself of blame in his interview yesterday.

We would go down next season if he gets it.

It's my thoughts that even the ownership are not that stupid to not see this, you can't have any faith in a guy who went on the run of form we did in 2015. Even they surely surely can see that. The only caveat and scary thing for me is the one ability Carver seems to have to shift blame and come up with a reason why things haven't worked out for him and the club seem to buy it, his latest being he needs a off season where he can bring in "his" players !!

Don't believe he'll get it.  If he does it'll only make things worse for Ashley and strengthen the position of the Ashley out campaign though.

But he already absolved himself of blame in his interview yesterday.

Good for him, he can be the one bloke who isn't after his blood because he knows it isn't his fault.. meanwhile everyone else will be blaming him (well other than the odd lunatic).

I don't think he'll get it.

It just can't be true, there is literally no footballing logic to it. He's already there and cheap, that's it.

He surely can't have convinced Charnley and co that the entire thing was due to him being short of players and injuries etc. can he? They can't be that clueless?

I'm confident there's absolutely no way he'll get it.

If there's a meeting tomorrow, it'll be to pick up his p45.

The players fucking hate him and the fans hate him. If he's any friends left at the club it's those losers that sit with him on the bench. I hope they follow him out the door too.

Guest ElCid

Gets the job tomorrow according to my source.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Do you trust your source?

Sadly, yes.

Meeting at 10am at training ground apparently.

Just don't see it sorry and all that but think your source is talking shit - the one appointment which would turn the fans 100% against and guarantee a drop of crowds on a massive scale is Carver and this coming 48 hours after stating to the world they would learn from their mistakes. Even he isn't that stupid.

It just can't be true, there is literally no footballing logic to it. He's already there and cheap, that's it.

He surely can't have convinced Charnley and co that the entire thing was due to him being short of players and injuries etc. can he? They can't be that clueless?

They are though. This isn't a normal football club anymore so normal logic just doesn't apply.

I really don't think so. Ashley said in his interview that he didn't expect us to be in this situation at Christmas and that from now on we make our own luck. Doesn't sound like something a bloke ready to appoint the reason for our shite position would say.

The only thing that makes me not 100% certain he's not getting it is because it's us.

I really don't think so. Ashley said in his interview that he didn't expect us to be in this situation at Christmas and that from now on we make our own luck. Doesn't sound like something a bloke ready to appoint the reason for our shite position would say.

The only thing that makes me not 100% certain he's not getting it is because it's us.

I think I'll lose faith in humanity itself if they give him the job after these last few months, jesus :anguish:

Guest firetotheworks

It would be the most idiotic decision that Ashley has made in his tenure here, and that's saying something.

Course it wouldn't.

I dunno like. It's up there, even for him.

I think I'll lose faith in humanity itself if they give him the job after these last few months, jesus :anguish:

I'm not even thinking about it as a possibility tbh, I just can't, it would literally end all hope :lol:

The most they may do IMO is assure him he will be kept on as assistant and inform him they will be looking to appoint a new head coach but if they can't bring someone in that in they deem suitable for the position then he has the job.

It would be the most idiotic decision that Ashley has made in his tenure here, and that's saying something.

Course it wouldn't.

Appointing a manger the players don't respect with experience exclusively constituting failure who dragged the club into a relegation battle from 9th in a few months? It's far worse than Kinenar as DoF, even.

Gets the job tomorrow according to my source.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Do you trust your source?

Sadly, yes.

Meeting at 10am at training ground apparently.

Where did he get this info from? Did he say?

Just can't see Carver being given the job at all.

I know the club is shit etc etc, but I do think it's just negative thinking for the sake of it at times when people are saying "Definitely Carver" etc.

Ideally we'd get a decent manager (LOL)

I'd rather have someone who's so obviously incompetent/someone who's appointment is so staggeringly ridiculous than the next Pardew. I'd rather have fan anger than midtable apathy.

Me too.