John Carver

Guest neesy111

f***ing Stalin and his clique didn't re write history as efficiently as this c***.

Hope he is boiled alive in tar the f***ing craggy, creased face cretin.

:lol:

Dunno why that made me laugh so much, had an image of Stalin fronting a 7-piece Wu Tang style hip hop collective

Anyone witness the Dinnis regime? His main competitor in terms of failure and incompetence. Was he as bad as JC?

Dinnis was terrible, Carver is probably in another league because of the verbal diarrhoea and delusional outbursts because I can't remember Dinnis saying much, if anything.  Dinnis would have had 1.6 points per game if we were getting 3 points for a win but his record is over parts of 2 seasons.  Dinnis had a win record of just under 43%, again, spread over the end of one season and the start of the next.  Carver is on 0.5 points per game and his win record is just over 10.5%, which one do you think is worse?  :lol:

Anyone witness the Dinnis regime? His main competitor in terms of failure and incompetence. Was he as bad as JC?

Dinnis was terrible, Carver is probably in another league because of the verbal diarrhoea and delusional outbursts because I can't remember Dinnis saying much, if anything.  Dinnis would have had 1.6 points per game if we were getting 3 points for a win but his record is over parts of 2 seasons.  Dinnis had a win record of just under 43%, again, spread over the end of one season and the start of the next.  Carver is on 0.5 points per game and his win record is just over 10.5%, which one do you think is worse?  :lol:

Dinnis actually seems quite good with those stats. Another victory for the Brave One.

Dinnis actually seems quite good with those stats. Another victory for the Brave One.

I'm not sure those figures are correct for Dinnis, I'll see what I can find.

There's no fucking way he's a 'fan', FFS. If he was he'd have never taken the job in the first place as it was clear Ashley was hanging him out to dry. And to still want the job after potentially relegating us? He doesn't give a fuck about this club or the fans.

He's either mentality challenged or trolling us all. Either way I hope a stray golf ball knocks him into a coma during the summer.

“It’s about five months now and in that time I don’t think any other manager would have had to deal with everything I’ve had to deal with in their whole career,” he says.

Say it again, John.

Even if we stay up and even if its by beating West Ham, I think he has to resign tomorrow to emerge with any kind of dignity. Ricky Sbragia did it at the Mackems after they stayed up on the last day. After taking over from Keane, he got 25 points from 26 games, a way better record than Carver's.

He won't resign of course, because he is a self deluded gobshite who has been promoted way beyond his capability, something which is very unlikely to happen at any other football club.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/22/john-carver-newcastle-united-relegation-alan-shearer

John Carver will never forget the look on Alan Shearer’s face immediately after Newcastle United were relegated at Aston Villa six years ago and is fervently hoping he does not experience similar torture on Sunday.

“I’d come back from Canada and I was watching on television in a pub,” said the Tynesider, who had then just resigned from his post as the head coach of Toronto in the MLS but now occupies Shearer’s old shoes. “It was a difficult time for me and on that day I genuinely didn’t speak for an hour afterwards.

“I remember seeing the pictures of Alan on the pitch afterwards and I thought: ‘I hope that never, ever, happens to me.’ As it happens, I saw Alan only the other day and we talked about his feelings at the time and I told him what I felt. I just said: ‘I hope I don’t have to experience that.’ Hopefully I won’t.”

Four players from 2009 – Fabricio Coloccini, Jonás Gutiérrez, Ryan Taylor and Tim Krul – will be involved against West Ham at St James’ Park in a game which, depending on Hull’s result, Newcastle may need to win. A fifth survivor from that descent into the Championship, the injured Steven Taylor, will watch anxiously from the sidelines.

“I don’t think I’ll be asking the likes of Colo and Jonás to talk about the day at Aston Villa to the other players specifically,” Carver said. “But they – and Ryan and Tim – know what it feels like. It wasn’t nice.”

After presiding over the collection of one point from the past 10 games, Newcastle’s head coach is willing to press almost any button in the hope of provoking a response from his squad.

“I considered showing them something to reinforce what it’s like to be in the Premier League compared to the next division down,” said the 50-year-old Carver, who must decide whether Papiss Cissé is fit enough to start in attack after knee surgery and whether he trusts Mike Williamson sufficiently to recall the centre-half following suspension.

Advertisement

“I thought of compiling a film of what it’s like to go to Old Trafford, the Emirates and Stamford Bridge compared to what it’s like to go to the lesser clubs with a smaller changing room and all of that. I also thought about showing them the fans after the Aston Villa game six years ago.

“But I decided against it because I think if you can’t motivate yourself for a game as big as this, when you’ve got so much to play for then no matter what I show you it’s not going to make any difference.”

As Newcastle fan groups prepare to stage a sit-in protest after the final whistle in an attempt to persuade Mike Ashley, the club’s unloved owner, to sell up, Carver’s thoughts will turn to his own future.

With suggestions Steve McClaren could be leaving Derby County and heading to Tyneside nothing is certain but the biggest probability is Carver will shortly revert to his former assistant’s role.

He hopes everything will be resolved by Wednesday when he goes on holiday. Depending on Sunday’s result his passage through Newcastle airport is likely to involve either running a gauntlet of harsh stares and cutting comments or being greeted by supporters as the club’s saviour.

“I hope I’m smiling,” says a manager recently subjected to so much abuse in his home city that his local golf club has become “a place of sanctuary”.

On a serious note, it's genuinely staggering that the gist of this is "I thought about doing something to motivate the players but then decided against it-they can just motivate themselves." You're supposed to be the fucking MANAGER HEAD COACH man.