John Carver

Guest neesy111

I can't get my head around people saying we couldn't have got a good manager mid season. Many other clubs manage to do it, we just didn't want to shell out for it. Huge difference.

^ Thats it, in a nutshell.

The whole club is run on doing things on the cheap, under the guise of 'value'.

Exactly like when they sacked Hughton, because he'd supposedly took us as far as he could. They could have looked for a decent manager to takle the team forward, even paid a bit of compensation for one, but no - they went for an out of work bloke not long sacked from a league 1 club, who was desperate for a job, and wasn't even paid much (in comparative managers terms).

If they do appoint a different manager in the summer, it wont be someone they have to pay compensation money for. It'll be someone still out of work, if they haven't been snapped up by another club. If no-one else is available, Carver will probably get it 'for a season' at  least.

I can't get my head around people saying we couldn't have got a good manager mid season. Many other clubs manage to do it, we just didn't want to shell out for it. Huge difference.

Sorry, I should have added 'couldn't expect ..... under this regime'. Of course we could get a good manager mid-season. It's just Ashley will never spend money to buy out a contract, and do we really think he will ever spend to get a GOOD manager - at any time? It's Ashley's regime that I despair of.

I can't get my head around people saying we couldn't have got a good manager mid season. Many other clubs manage to do it.

Name this huge list please, mind you I agree with the notion we could have done. But it's very rare that a manager leaves one club in the middle of the season for another.

Spurs went with Sherwood for a reason, most clubs don't make permanent appointments in the middle of a season and if they do they get managers who are out of work.

Which is why we shouldn't have fucked up with Garde, but please can we stop acting like it's a normal thing in a blind crusade against the club.

I don't want to sound like this, because I hate these assholes but at least try to be level headed for once.

Totalsport last night, they had the fans forum members on, and Howey was sitting in for Ando again.

Fans forum member.... "Carver is a safe pair of hands"

Howey.... "He's a great coach, and has the experience to do the job"

Enough said.

Guest firetotheworks

the first ten pages of this thread v the last ten  :2funny: just sayin like

Granted, but most expected it to be Carver knowing the area and affecting them, not them affecting him and him being a prick.

A jammy draw against Burnley and 3 losses is canny going like:

Lee Ryder @lee_ryder  ·  4m 4 minutes ago

JC says #nufc board were "encouraged" by efforts so far

0 replies . 3 retweets 0 favourites

We really need to get battered regularly now.

the first ten pages of this thread v the last ten  :2funny: just sayin like

Granted, but most expected it to be Carver knowing the area and affecting them, not them affecting him and him being a prick.

Newcastle fan Carver being slaughtered on here for actually accepting the position handed to him on a plate.

`if that cunt loves the club and has any self awareness about him he would dismiss it out of hand,realising he couldn`t possibly be up to the task`

Piss your pants funny that,man

Aye, I really miss the Championship.

That's exactly where we'll be in 2016 if Carver's in charge next season.

That's exactly where we'll be in 2016 if Carver's in charge next season.

I want Carver to be replaced as much as the next man but he's here until the summer and we need to pick up the points to stay in the Premiership.