John Carver

Guest neesy111

Carver insisted he didn’t know anything about Racing Santander’s 18-year-old winger David Concha or Sporting Gijon’s 17-year-old defender Jorge Mere, both of whom could be on their way to St James’ Park.

He said: “There you go. You could be telling me something I don’t know anything about. I only knew about the two Spanish lads when it got mentioned before.

I might just turn up and tell him I'm the new rightback, might get a game.

Carver insisted he didn’t know anything about Racing Santander’s 18-year-old winger David Concha or Sporting Gijon’s 17-year-old defender Jorge Mere, both of whom could be on their way to St James’ Park.

He said: “There you go. You could be telling me something I don’t know anything about. I only knew about the two Spanish lads when it got mentioned before.

I might just turn up and tell him I'm the new rightback, might get a game.

While you're there, you might as well tell him Sissoko and Perez have been sold. Doesn't make any difference to what he does apparently.

I never watch the press conferences, maybe that's the reason for my lower hate levels. Football interviews in general are an endless stream of platitudes and nonsense.

I'm very much of the same opinion, why even bother watching it let alone get upset by it, its pr nonsense not worth noting (and this applies to all managers everywhere)

That's one of the worst things I've read in ages. Equal amounts of pure :anguish: , :lol: and bemusement.

A head coach who doesn't care what players he actually has to, er, coach. And communicate with. :lol:

I can't get myself outraged at this 'head coach' system tbh, it produces good players when it's allowed to, the problem is the restrictions placed on it in terms of balancing the squad.

I see the gash that Bruce, Pardew, and whoever buy before failing then leaving the club with a payoff to deal with all their shit and I think how we're setting up isn't necessarily a bad thing.

We just need a manager capable of dealing with it, rather than the shit we've had/got.

Even in Europe managers do get an input on transfers and sales, it's just not their final decision. I guess that having somebody like Carver NOT giving a crap about transfers is actually a net positive, but it's still a terrible attitude for a manager to have. He's the guy that sees the team every day, he should be more aware than anybody else at the club of the squad's needs.

:lol: I seen to be the only one here who doesn't loathe him. Had no problems watching that.

I think he was completely out of line abusing the fans the way he did after the shambles that 2014 was. He deserved every bit of doubt and mistrust sent his way. He talks a big game, but has never actually achieved anything in football apart from be Sir Bobby's assistant many years ago. Many people rightly see him as part of the old boys club who are happy to steal a living from NUFC without actually providing much value.

The only upside of hearing his interviews is that I don't have to hear al pards mmm and aaaahhh, his incoherent English and his arrogant twang.

I agree that his behaviour at the Southampton game was despicable and of course he shouldn't be our manager but the hatred towards him here is of Pardewesque proportions.

What do you expect..? He abused the supporters at Southampton after they made their feelings known about the dire situation of the club and of Pardew's management and the fans were perfectly justified in doing so. He is now Ashley's representative as Pardew was before him and he has achieved nothing of any note in football...even less than Pardew.

The 'hatred' you talk about is aimed primarily at Ashley, but as he never comments or has any interest in forming a relationship with the club's customers(i.e. fans), all the vitriol will go towards his 'men', Carver being the main football rep appointed by Ashley. Its the same thing as a customer rep at a company takes the abuse if the company falls down on service etc but in this case, the 'Customer Service' rep has personally abused some customers who complained.

If you take Ashley's shilling, expect to be abused as a willing part of a lousy outfit. As it happens, I have no personal feelings about Carver whatsoever, but I know he is not up to a full-time role as manager of NUFC and probably not even for the time he has INITIALLY(note that...)been given the job.

Aye I've tried to remain positive having been caught up in the excitement of Pardew's leaving, but the handling of affairs since his departure has been utterly farcical. Every single word being uttered by the club represents a total farce. And there absolutely no one there to throw a spanner in the works. Feels very much like Ashley's won, at this point.

Carver made himself look like the perfect boss for Ashley even to the point of saying he wants nothing to do with transfers in or out, all he wants is to be head coach. Carver has no ambition, Ashley has no ambition and the brain dead premier league wonga fans have no ambition........................Newcastle United as I know it is dead

Carver made himself look like the perfect boss for Ashley even to the point of saying he wants nothing to do with transfers in or out, all he wants is to be head coach. Carver has no ambition, Ashley has no ambition and the brain dead premier league wonga fans have no ambition........................Newcastle United as I know it is dead

he's only the perfect boss for ashley as long he appears able to keep the club within the parameters of their financial calculations based on being in the PL, i think the next 2-3 months will see everyone disabused of that notion very fucking quickly

“It will be Graham (Carr) and Lee, along with the guy who puts all the stuff together. They will have the conversation and I will know soon enough. I’d like to think they will keep me in the loop.”

Is that the weird looking person that discovered Ayoze he's talking about?