John Carver

Guest neesy111

Sick of hearing about this now. He'll be gone by summer at the latest. Shut up.

:lol: to the point.

I agree, I honestly cannot see how it's possible for him to be in charge past the summer. Even our fans won't allow it.

Same was said about Pardew, within two months most of the fanbase were lodged up his arse.

We're already seeing justification for him: open attacking football against Southampton, 20 minutes against Chelsea... If the players string two passes together at any point in the next five months, there'll be a significant minority wanting him in full time.

As I've said before, Carver doesn't have the nous to placate and deceive the fans to anything like the extent Pardew did. Nor does he have a 5th place finish to defend his position with.

Aye, but he can role out the "I worked for the "best" manager this clubs ever had " line over and over again completely ignoring Joe Harvey's achievements at the club.

I agree, I honestly cannot see how it's possible for him to be in charge past the summer. Even our fans won't allow it.

Same was said about Pardew, within two months most of the fanbase were lodged up his arse.

We're already seeing justification for him: open attacking football against Southampton, 20 minutes against Chelsea... If the players string two passes together at any point in the next five months, there'll be a significant minority wanting him in full time.

Ronaldo being an optimist doesn't suit, or work.

Ronaldo being an optimist doesn't suit, or work.

It's realism. Nothing that kept Alan Pardew in a job long past his sell-by date applies to John 'meet iz at the training groond' Carver.

Imagine being one of the 'normal' NUFC staff. Your annual bonus is based on NUFC finishing in the top 10 of the Premiership. After talk of managers with pedigree possibly getting the 'head coach' job, Carver is appointed to the end of the season. To add insult to injury Lee Charnley says the club don't plan on buying any players in the January transfer window.

Imagine being one of the 'normal' NUFC staff. Your annual bonus is based on NUFC finishing in the top 10 of the Premiership. After talk of managers with pedigree possibly getting the 'head coach' job, Carver is appointed to the end of the season. To add insult to injury Lee Charnley says the club don't plan on buying any players in the January transfer window.

Reminds me of that West Brom match at the end of the 2010/11 season.

Bet there were catering and club shop staff looking forward to a bumper bonus just after half time... 3-0 up and safely in the top 10.

:frantic:

They've missed a trick, really. Another puppet manager, even on a temp contract, would at least have given us the 'new manager' bounce that would have seen us safe. Instead we've to put up with the same shit, the same rank unprofessionalism and ineptitude of 'Woody' and gang and all the while slipping into a relegation battle.

I'm sure someone like Sherwood would've taken the job until the end of the season.

Fuck, man. Still so angry.

As I've said before, Carver doesn't have the nous to placate and deceive the fans to anything like the extent Pardew did. Nor does he have a 5th place finish to defend his position with.

I think you might be overestimating the correlation between an Ashley-backed manager keeping his job and that manager having the backing of the fans.

Also, getting the backing of these fans is easy as most don't really give a shit either way.

Funny how this whole thing has FINALLY shown to many -- and should have shown to all -- the existential crisis Newcastle United finds itself facing. All of the normal reasons why clubs sign players or choose managers don't apply to a club that exists merely to retain Premier League status so as to be a commercial front. In a normal situation, no club in its right mind would touch Carver with a ten foot pole.

Only a business built on the back of intense and mostly unjustifiable loyalty could still exist while treating its patrons with such rancor and contempt. And only by showing that loyalty cannot be taken for granted will that contempt have any chance of stopping. Old habits die hard, but they eventually die. I don't know how many prematurely aborted cup runs or how many muted, cold, callous statements it will take, but at some point, even the most loyal fan will stop supporting a team that doesn't particularly care.

If you indeed reap what you sow, this club will have a very rough next few years, because all they've sown is spite.

It's a great post, but even the most loyal fan will be replaced by new fan sadly.

Funny how this whole thing has FINALLY shown to many -- and should have shown to all -- the existential crisis Newcastle United finds itself facing. All of the normal reasons why clubs sign players or choose managers don't apply to a club that exists merely to retain Premier League status so as to be a commercial front. In a normal situation, no club in its right mind would touch Carver with a ten foot pole.

Only a business built on the back of intense and mostly unjustifiable loyalty could still exist while treating its patrons with such rancor and contempt. And only by showing that loyalty cannot be taken for granted will that contempt have any chance of stopping. Old habits die hard, but they eventually die. I don't know how many prematurely aborted cup runs or how many muted, cold, callous statements it will take, but at some point, even the most loyal fan will stop supporting a team that doesn't particularly care.

If you indeed reap what you sow, this club will have a very rough next few years, because all they've sown is spite.

Cracking post.

good post but the problem is its getting to the point where no one showing up (don't think that will ever happen stadium may not be full or near it but there will always somebody who will go along because hey premier league match and man utd are playing there etc etc) wouldn't have that big an impact not with the tv deal only going to get bigger.

The TV money is the big snag, along with the difficulty of getting enough people to stay away of course.

I don't think Ashley's even bothered by the TV money par se, more likely that as long as we're self sufficient he couldn't give a toss, Ashley's money train is the free international advertising and his real passion going from strength to strength, even the TV money is chump change in comparison to what NUFC has done for S***** D*****

I think you might be overestimating the correlation between an Ashley-backed manager keeping his job and that manager having the backing of the fans.

Also, getting the backing of these fans is easy as most don't really give a shit either way.

Carver's not Pardew. He'll crack like a cheap ornament under any significant pressure from the fans. Of which I'm sure there'll be plenty. I really do think even the most battered of the battered wives are on the verge of drawing a line now.

Also, getting the backing of these fans is easy as most don't really give a s*** either way.

Carver's not Pardew. He'll crack like a cheap ornament under any significant pressure from the fans. Of which I'm sure there'll be plenty. I really do think even the most battered of the battered wives are on the verge of drawing a line now.

I agree.

Unbelievable post, Memphis. I couldn't have put it better myself.