John Carver

Guest neesy111

Clearly using names to get people onside, he had a perfect opportunity to shower Jonas with the praise he deserved after all he's been through and to thank him for being a loyal servant to the last minute and to cap off a difficult period of his life with a fairytale ending. But no he goes for the cheap shot to garner support "one of our own." Self serving prick. In my eyes it was churlish, premeditated and selfish.

^ This

Its no different, but possibly a bit worse than this...

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/newcastle-united/story/2222628/john-carver-is-convinced-he-will-have-sir-bobby-robson-standing-alongside-him-on-one-side-and-gary-speed-on-the-other

Carver said: "For some reason, I started reading Sir Bobby's autobiography last night. There was a message on the front of the book -- 'Thanks for a fantastic, successful five years, it should have been a lot longer. Cheers, Sir Bobby.'

"When he gave me that book, he said to me, 'You do realise how big this football club is, and if ever you get an opportunity, don't be scared of it, enjoy it and take it with both hands'. So I am sitting here now and I'm going to take it with both hands.

"He will be there with us. He will be in the technical area with us, let me tell you that, because I never stop thinking about him.

"Apart from my mum and dad, who I lost recently, there are two people I never stop thinking about -- he [Robson] is one of them, and Gary Speed is the other. They are always with us, and I think about them every game."

:huff:

Guest The Little Waster

Ashley isnt about to geta decent manager in so its either carver or some other yesman cunt it doesnt really matter in the end

Are we expecting statement today or tomorrow he is not continuing with us?

If we don't hear anything by Wednesday, I can see this nonsense runing on well into the summer, whether it ends up being this useless cunt or not.

I watch the matches on the official PL streaming service, and they include pre and post match interviews, and obviously no ad breaks. Carver did his first interview after the match (MoTD iirc) where he got emotional talking about the fans that had passed away saying they were looking down on us today etc... He nearly teared up and went red faced when he brought it up toward the end of the interview. At the end, the interviewer thanked him, and he (Carver) turned and shouted: "how was that Wendy?", and Wendy answers: "perfect John. very emotional".

He did several interviews after that, after every single one, turned and asked Wendy how he had done. Seems he's being "worked on" to improve his interview skills by the club. Hopefully it was just for this interim period and nothing further.

Yesterday has proven that the players are not as bad as the results have suggested and it's all down to Ashley, Charnley and Carver.  The players were self motivated yesterday because they needed a result and they got one.  Since January they haven't been motivated and nobody within the club was capable of motivating them.

Get a decent manager in, upgrade the squad and we could do reasonably well, even with the pricks we have in charge.  The only problem we have is that the pricks in charge aren't likely to get a decent manager and if they get one by mistake they're unlikely to know how to back him properly and they're just as likely to repeat mistakes than they are to learn from them.

I will be surprised if Carver is manager next season, no sane person can look at his time in charge and think he's been anything other than a totally incompetent moron who has no grip on reality.

I watch the matches on the official PL streaming service, and they include pre and post match interviews, and obviously no ad breaks. Carver did his first interview after the match (MoTD iirc) where he got emotional talking about the fans that had passed away saying they were looking down on us today etc... He nearly teared up and went red faced when he brought it up toward the end of the interview. At the end, the interviewer thanked him, and he (Carver) turned and shouted: "how was that Wendy?", and Wendy answers: "perfect John. very emotional".

He did several interviews after that, after every single one, turned and asked Wendy how he had done. Seems he's being "worked on" to improve his interview skills by the club. Hopefully it was just for this interim period and nothing further.

wait, what?

That information needs to find it's way to the Ashley out campaign. I'm sure there will be a video on the net somewhere

Guest TCD23

There is no way this man will not get the job. The only chance of getting rid of him and Ashley was to go down.

WTF?

That information needs to find it's way to the Ashley out campaign. I'm sure there will be a video on the net somewhere

Proper dubious of this unless a video surfaces. 

WTF?

Another sham.

Ugh. The PR at this club man.

What's this official streaming website? I've never heard of it.

According to Cuntver the game against WH was a Champions League final game. What a year, so many finals! No wonder VI hangs out in this forum. What a year!

Sadly we lost the World Cup final against Swansea

Just watched the Ashley interview for the first time. He says that the decision on who the new manager is lies firmly with Charnley and the football panel.

Given how much of a twat he's made himself look this season by sticking Carver in charge, you'd think Charnley would be keen to regain some credibility asap.