John Carver

Guest neesy111

Shepherd's Carver's mate. No surprise.

Disappointed in Shepherd, mind. Talked nothing but utter nonsense for the entire time he was on.

Yeah complete shit. Forgotten how much of a gobshite he is

Houghton was never actually appointed, was he? They just sort of drifted, and failed to appoint anyone else.

There's the learning from the past we need to look at.

Urgh, that is really unsettling dude. So true though!  :anguish:

Guest neesy111

Houghton was never actually appointed, was he? They just sort of drifted, and failed to appoint anyone else.

He was after ashley failed to sell the club in the championship.

I know it's Lee Ryder and he can barely write, but this phrasing is ominous if you ask me:

"By that stage, we should hopefully know whether managing- director Lee Charnley has decided to go public on whether the Magpies will wait until the end of the season before naming a head coach or if he decides John Carver is the man to take Newcastle to the end of the season."

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/forget-newcastle-united-head-coach-8460614

Edit: this too:

"The good thing for Carver and Co is the Magpies were so poor between beating West Ham (Cabaye’s last game) and the end of last season they surely cannot be any worse than they were in those final 16 games."

the first quote doesn't even make sense as they are one in the same, surely they wouldn't bring someone else it to get us to the end of the season.

The second point is just stupid, he's basically saying because we were so bad at the end of last season, we can't be bad at the end of this season, when surely the opposite is more likely. We've proven how bad we can be and it's possible to be that bad again.

Ryder is a first rate fool, who seems to be blaming fans posting any concern that nothing is happening, painting them as knee jerkers (despite it being around 3 weeks since we knew he was going) and lauding those that don't voice their concerns as the intelligent ones. Fucking idiot.

One good thing about Pardew is that he was difficult with the local media so we didn't have to see story after story saying any old thought that came to his head.

:lol: Can picture him calling Ryder and reciting bits of poetry he's written.

I think it just boiled down to why change what was working? Obviously there was no desire to appoint a manager while he was trying to sell the club and in that time Hughton settled what for all the world look like a sinking ship got the senior players onside and actually giving half a shit which was more than could be said of any nufc team since sir bob left and just took advantage of the fact our first 11 was way too good for the championship.

For all I don't want him as manager I'm finding his honesty a breath of fresh air. In one of the recent Chronicle articles where he addresses people calling him a Pardew clone he doesn't evade anything. I don't think he has the capacity to lie or put spin on anything. I get the impression we're going to be more attacking in the coming weeks, whether we win or not is another story.

Also, his quote abou how the club will be close to a decision after Hull has resigned me to the feeling we'll put off a permanent appointment to the summer and buy no players this window. So it looks like we'll end up having another flirt with relegation.

For all I don't want him as manager I'm finding his honesty a breath of fresh air. In one of the recent Chronicle articles where he addresses people calling him a Pardew clone he doesn't evade anything. I don't think he has the capacity to lie or put spin on anything. I get the impression we're going to be more attacking in the coming weeks, whether we win or not is another story.

Also, his quote abou how the club will be close to a decision after Hull has resigned me to the feeling we'll put off a permanent appointment to the summer and buy no players this window. So it looks like we'll end up having another flirt with relegation.

What like his honestly about playing his strongest team for the cup game!

I pulled Mark Douglas on The Chronicles pro-Carver campaign this morning on Twitter.

Whilst I think Mark is a decent writer and doesn't really have an agenda, he's Ryders boss and should be accountable for the bollocks he's written in recent weeks.

Not sure I'll get a reply like but you never know.