Europe: would you take, er, 5th place right now?

kirkwdavis2001

It's insane that anyone would turn their noses up at the Europa League.

Whether you're playing Inter Milan or FC Dormsland Village, European football is European football.

It's cheap, we usually win and the nights are great. My first few games at SJP were UEFA games and it just felt special.

I don't think we will, but if we did qualify for Europe I wouldn't be complaining about the standard of opposition or the strength of our squad, I'd be bloody delighted at what we'd achieved in one season in the Premier League.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's insane that anyone would turn their noses up at the Europa League.

Whether you're playing Inter Milan or FC Dormsland Village, European football is European football.

It's cheap, we usually win and the nights are great. My first few games at SJP were UEFA games and it just felt special.

I don't think we will, but if we did qualify for Europe I wouldn't be complaining about the standard of opposition or the strength of our squad, I'd be bloody delighted at what we'd achieved in one season in the Premier League.

Of course. :thup:

European nights are top class.

Guest Stephen927

It's important to continuously change the targets and aims of the football club. Enrique said at the beginning of the season, the target was Europe, whereas lot on here, me included, were more than happy to see us survive. The season is going well, we might as well have a crack at it.

I would hope we'd strengthen the squad and first team in the summer to cope with European football and the league, but thats a bit up in the air. 

It's important to continuously change the targets and aims of the football club. Enrique said at the beginning of the season, the target was Europe, whereas lot on here, me included, were more than happy to see us survive. The season is going well, we might as well have a crack at it.

You don't have to decide what you go for really, do you?  Staying up, getting to Europe, winning the league, doesn't matter what you're trying to achieve, you go into every match trying to get a result and see what happens to teams around you.  3 points are 3 points, 3 points towards Europe is 3 points away from the drop-zone and vice-versa.

Would love to see us play in Germany again. My first NUFC game in a stadium was against Frankfurt - would love something like that again.

I was there for that one, cracking weekend and amazing home support.  Only disappointment was that, compared to rocking the pubs with songs until 5am, the away support was flattened by the fact we were miles up in the sky and spread thinly across a wide area.

"We're on the verge of something exciting - these two games will decide whether we've got something to go for or we're going to have a season where we're just seeing things out. I don't want that to happen.

"This (Bolton) is to keep the season alive."

Delighted to hear him say that.

Guest optimistic nit

Thinking about it, 17th will do fine. We don't expectations raised, that would be disasterous

fuck expectations, if we want to keep any of our good players after this season top 10 is essential, europe would be fantastic

"We're on the verge of something exciting - these two games will decide whether we've got something to go for or we're going to have a season where we're just seeing things out. I don't want that to happen.

"This (Bolton) is to keep the season alive."

Delighted to hear him say that.

:thup:

:smitten:

We win today and get 4-6 points from our next two home games and Europe becomes a real possibility!   :frantic: I still think it's a long shot at best, tbh.

No, we will get in to Europe. Leon Best will make sure of it.

Would the Club be ready for Europe Next season?

Dont get me wrong I would love it if we qualified BUT I wouldn't want the additional fixtures etc to jeopardise premiership status!

You got to remember that Europe will lead to extra income, and we will be more attractive for players. So we should be able to acquire the necessary depth in our squad to handle the extra fixtures.

Our opponents in Europe till the end of the year should be beatable with a mix of our 1st and 2nd team tbh. And come January we will know where we are and on what to concentrate - staying in the PL and drop out of the Europa league or push for Europa league and taking the league a bit more easy at times.