Andy Gray Sacked by Sky; Richard Keys resigns - join TalkSport

Anderson

Sorry if anyone has mentioned it but wasn't Andy Gray involved in the phone tapping allegations against the News of the World?

That might have lost him some friends at Murdoch Central.

Yes and that, my friend, tells you all you need to know about how and why the audio has been made available in this way. News Corp really makes you sick.

And I'm not defending them being "sexist", but I am saying it's a storm in a teacup, and ample demonstration (just like the Gordon Brown "bigoted woman" bootlegs were in the last General Election) of Rupert Murdoch's hypocrisy and power.

Can't wait for that Cunture Secretary, Jeremy whateverhisnameis, to sign over the full rights to Sky to the evil empire.

:hmm:

In the followup revelations from the Mail, a Sky cameraman starts by telling Gray there is a female lino and that she's supposed to be a "looker".

I'm not saying he's being set up, but it would be an easy way to go about it. If sexism in the workplace is the problem here, that cameraman needs to be disciplined too, not just the high profile presenters. Let's see if that happens.

fwiw, I'm not a fan of either, but I think its fantasy to expect their successors to bum the top four sides any less than Keys and Gray do.

This is madness....a storm in a teacup. They might be sexist - and being so 'on the job' is idiotic - but we're all prejudiced in some way, even subconsciously. I will say that its moronic that Keys keeps getting caught out with this stuff, but overall I really hope they don't sack the pair of them - Sky Sports will be much worse without them. You seen the BBC/ITV matchday stuff? Sky pisses all over them. They need to stay.

Keys doesn't really do anything of note anymore except that he was there at the start of the Sky era. If he left, you'd maybe be annoyed with the new guy for a year or two then get used to him and Keys will be rightly forgotten. Gray is harder because his voice and commentary is associated with some of the most iconic moments in the history of the Premiership (post 92, of course), so replacing him will be hard, but some of the other colour commentators, like Ian Darke for example, can do an equally good job so in time Gray won't be missed as well. I also think Gray's losing his edge in the same way Motson has, and he's on the descent with all this 'Stevie would never do that' shit, like he's their best friend.

Tyler will be the hardest to replace out of all the original Sky commentators.

Keys doesn't really do anything of note anymore except that he was there at the start of the Sky era. If he left, you'd maybe be annoyed with the new guy for a year or two then get used to him and Keys will be rightly forgotten. Gray is harder because his voice and commentary is associated with some of the most iconic moments in the history of the Premiership (post 92, of course), so replacing him will be hard, but some of the other colour commentators, like Ian Darke for example, can do an equally good job so in time Gray won't be missed as well. I also think Gray's losing his edge in the same way Motson has, and he's on the descent with all this 'Stevie would never do that' shit, like he's their best friend.

There's certainly a bit of history with Gray, but unfortunately its all tongue firmly lodged up the big boys arses, especially Gerrard.

Who's two phones? I'ts ringing a bell.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I'm trying to remember the incident that happened earlier this season where you could hear Keys off camera on another sports channel's feed of the match. He was asking for a cup of tea or something, sure he said something else about a footballer.  :lol:

Keys doesn't really do anything of note anymore except that he was there at the start of the Sky era. If he left, you'd maybe be annoyed with the new guy for a year or two then get used to him and Keys will be rightly forgotten. Gray is harder because his voice and commentary is associated with some of the most iconic moments in the history of the Premiership (post 92, of course), so replacing him will be hard, but some of the other colour commentators, like Ian Darke for example, can do an equally good job so in time Gray won't be missed as well. I also think Gray's losing his edge in the same way Motson has, and he's on the descent with all this 'Stevie would never do that' s***, like he's their best friend.

Who's two phones?

The transfer window twat

Andy Gray can be very irritating, particularly with his constant criticism of referees, but he'd be a very hard act to follow. In fact, he has no equivilent, as a pundit with an ex-pro's knowledge, who can put it across with such clarity and flair.

its sexist to say someones decent looking? or to say that someone else said shes decent looking? christ

He was asking whether Gray would like to have sex with her.

The first part is unprofessional, and border-line sexual harassment.

The second part is clearly sexual harassment.