Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Can all the people who think we would be a better team if we don't have Nolan CM ahead of the other alternatives go and put their heads down the toilet and pull the flush.

The trio of Barton-Tiote-Nolan has been abundantly proven to work. The only question is who plays LW. Has to be Ben Arfa for me.

I agree with baba re: Barton in the center. I don't see why we can't revert to a 4-4-2 with Barton in the center with Tiote, and HBA and Jonas on the wings, rotating with each other. Against Spurs Barton drifted in so much that he was practically playing as a CM already, and he was very good in that match.

If we revert to a 4-4-2, we'll have Carroll up front with Nolan playing off him, or Ireland if he can regain his form. Or we buy a Bellamy-type striker and drop Nolan.

Because he's played for us for four years and has had two, maybe three good games there?

Barton was as bad as i've seen him all season against Spurs.

Yep. I have no idea why anyone would want to play him centrally. Likewise, I have no idea why anyone would want to play Nolan in an advanced position and Ireland in a deep-midfield role.

People are idiots.

Guest Tall Striker

Can all the people who think we would be a better team if we don't have Nolan CM ahead of the other alternatives go and put their heads down the toilet and pull the flush.

The trio of Barton-Tiote-Nolan has been abundantly proven to work. The only question is who plays LW. Has to be Ben Arfa for me.

:thup:

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Jose

Barton Tiote Ireland Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Firstly Krul would be in goal for me based on the fact i think Harper isn't that much better than Krul and Krul has a lot of years ahead and needs to play in order to improve and become a top goalkeeper for us with the ability he already maintains. Taylor would be ahead of Williamson for me if injury free. I think Ireland would get in my team ahead of Nolan if he proved in training he is fit and raring to go and looking good. I would give Ben Arfa a free role and just let him do what he likes and roam around the pitch. Barton hasn't showed a great deal when being in CM for Newcastle as of yet but has showed quality on numerous occassions this season being on the right, a stand out performer over recent months.

No.

What do you disagree with?

Krul in goal?

Taylor over williamson?

Barton on the right?

Ireland over nolan?

Ben Arfa in a free role?

Carroll in the starting line up?  :shifty:

I agree with baba re: Barton in the center. I don't see why we can't revert to a 4-4-2 with Barton in the center with Tiote, and HBA and Jonas on the wings, rotating with each other. Against Spurs Barton drifted in so much that he was practically playing as a CM already, and he was very good in that match.

If we revert to a 4-4-2, we'll have Carroll up front with Nolan playing off him, or Ireland if he can regain his form. Or we buy a Bellamy-type striker and drop Nolan.

Because he's played for us for four years and has had two, maybe three good games there?

I'm not disputing the fact that he's been shite in the center of the park, but with more movement in the team coming from Jonas, HBA and maybe Ireland, I feel the he wouldn't be under as much pressure as he usually was when we had a pretty static team.

We still do, imo, but when HBA returns and if Ireland rediscovers his form, our team would have a lot more guile and pace, and that would inevitably benefit someone like Barton who is a good passer of the ball.

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Jose

Ben Arfa

Carroll

Firstly Krul would be in goal for me based on the fact i think Harper isn't that much better than Krul and Krul has a lot of years ahead and needs to play in order to improve and become a top goalkeeper for us with the ability he already maintains. Taylor would be ahead of Williamson for me if injury free. I think Ireland would get in my team ahead of Nolan if he proved in training he is fit and raring to go and looking good. I would give Ben Arfa a free role and just let him do what he likes and roam around the pitch. Barton hasn't showed a great deal when being in CM for Newcastle as of yet but has showed quality on numerous occassions this season being on the right, a stand out performer over recent months.

No.

Krul in goal?

Taylor over williamson?

Barton on the right?

Ireland over nolan?

Ben Arfa in a free role?

Oh shit, its a floater.

At home

-------------------Harper

Simo--------Willi----------Colo-------Jose

--------------------Tiote

---------Barton--------------Ireland

Jonas-----------------------------------HBA

-------------------Carroll

KEVIN NOLAN.

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO KEVIN NOLAN

Guest MrSundlofer

Don't know why so many are concerned where we will fit him into the team. Our strikers are mediocre so if he replaces one of them it won't be the end of the world. I'd also be quite happy to see him challenge Nolan for the central midfield role. Nolan gets goals but Ireland's overall game is much better potentially. He could also be used on the right if Barton was out, so a very good signing IMO.

# Ireland is not a striker and Pardew wants to play with two strikers.

# He hasn't played well in a 4-4-2 as a central midfielder before and is more an attacking midfielder.

# It won't do him any good playing him on the wing.

He's a central attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. I hope he can adapt well here.

To play with two strikers you need two strikers. We've got one who's not fit and the rest are substandard. So 4-5-1 won't necessarily be a bad thing.

I agree with you and we maybe should play a 4-5-1 with Ireland in it, but... Pardew want to play with two strikers in a 4-4-2. We have Carroll, Ameobi, Best, Lövenkrands, Ranger, Xisco...

So, if Pardew want to play an attacking 4-4-2 with two natural strikers, where should Ireland play?

At home

-------------------Harper

Simo--------Willi----------Colo-------Jose

--------------------Tiote

---------Barton--------------Ireland

Jonas-----------------------------------HBA

-------------------Carroll

KEVIN NOLAN.

DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO DOO KEVIN NOLAN

Fail. :lol:

Don't know why so many are concerned where we will fit him into the team. Our strikers are mediocre so if he replaces one of them it won't be the end of the world. I'd also be quite happy to see him challenge Nolan for the central midfield role. Nolan gets goals but Ireland's overall game is much better potentially. He could also be used on the right if Barton was out, so a very good signing IMO.

# Ireland is not a striker and Pardew wants to play with two strikers.

# He hasn't played well in a 4-4-2 as a central midfielder before and is more an attacking midfielder.

# It won't do him any good playing him on the wing.

He's a central attacking midfielder in a 4-5-1 formation. I hope he can adapt well here.

To play with two strikers you need two strikers. We've got one who's not fit and the rest are substandard. So 4-5-1 won't necessarily be a bad thing.

I agree with you and we maybe should play a 4-5-1 with Ireland in it, but... Pardew want to play with two strikers in a 4-4-2. We have Carroll, Ameobi, Best, Lövenkrands, Ranger, Xisco...

So, if Pardew want to play an attacking 4-4-2 with two natural strikers, where should Ireland play?

Maybe he only wanted to play 4-4-2 because of the personnel he had when he said that?

I would only use Nolan as a sub at home but start him away from home.. makes me laugh the "Nolan must play" when a lot are happy to drop Jonas.

Why?

Nolan is a fantastic captain who keeps things ticking along but also chips in with more than his fair share of goals.

Jonas, erm, can run the ball up the pitch and

Krul

Simpson Taylor Colo Jose

Ben Arfa

Carroll

No.

Krul in goal?

Taylor over williamson?

Barton on the right?

Ireland over nolan?

Ben Arfa in a free role?

I disagree with so much of this!

For me we should do:

Harper

Simmo Colo    Willi  Jose

Barton  Nolan Tiote Ben Arfa

Carroll Ameobi

With Ireland on the bench to use as an impact sub.  If he can prove he has it in training.  I wouldn't have signed him in the first place TBH, he is a ultrapenis.

Am I the only one scared of disrupting Jose Enriques form by moving Ben Arfa into Jonas position? Wouldn't it be better to have

Barton Nolan Tiote Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

With Ben Arfa in a free role drifting out wide and leaving space open for Nolan to go forward a lot ? Jonas might not be the most effective players offensively and no matter how frustrated I am with him and his crosses there's no doubt that he can carry a ball hold on to it and have a great understanding with Enrique. I feel that moving Ben Arfa out left would make that flank pretty insecure as Ben Arfa isn't much off a player to track back. And maybe with Ireland in the team he will step it up a notch.

Also Ireland needs to come off the bench until proven he's better than the other once. And if he does, than we might have to reconsider Jonas position in the team, but I definitely wouldn't play Shola above Jonas.

Maybe that's just me though...

I would only use Nolan as a sub at home but start him away from home.. makes me laugh the "Nolan must play" when a lot are happy to drop Jonas.

Why?

Nolan is a fantastic captain who keeps things ticking along but also chips in with more than his fair share of goals.

tbf I'd be looking to replace both in the long term.

Why?

tbf I'd be looking to replace both in the long term.

Agreed, we have other priorities first though.

Why?

Fall over.

As much as Jonas is infuriating, he's vital in the short term. Whenever he doesn't play our ball retention is awful and we have no-one to run with the ball and allow the defence time to get out. He's another of those like Nolan who on their own is a bit rubbish but is quite important to the team and it shows when he's missing. I'd be looking to phase him out of being an automatic starter as of next season, in terms of moving players on he ranks fairly lowly on the list.

Why?

Falls over.

Gets free kick.