Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why on earth are folk moving Nolan up the pitch? It's incredibly obvious that he just doesn't function there.

eh? so you would have him further back int he midfield where he offers nowt and cant keep up?

Nolan's way better in CM  :facepalm:

Yes on his debut against us...

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Ben Arfa should be given a free role in the center. Ireland should be given a place on the bench, preferably the Villa one..

I have a serious question - Has anybody seen Ireland play this season?

When he played against us?

Ben Arfa should be given a free role in the center. Ireland should be given a place on the bench, preferably the Villa one..

well, according to a friend who is a fanatical Villa supporter, his other performances have been of the same standard.. In his words "The way he has played for us, he doesn't even deserve a place on the bench"

And just cause it's Friday and I don't have any work.. You know how skysports.com have average ranking for players (not that it's an ultimate indication) but his is 5.2.. We don't have a player in our squad who has lower than 5.7 (which is Smith of course)..

We should stay well away, Ireland's past it.

well, according to a friend who is a fanatical Villa supporter, his other performances have been of the same standard.. In his words "The way he has played for us, he doesn't even deserve a place on the bench"

And just cause it's Friday and I don't have any work.. You know how skysports.com have average ranking for players (not that it's an ultimate indication) but his is 5.2.. We don't have a player in our squad who has lower than 5.7 (which is Smith of course)..

I can't belive people say past it for 24 years old. It is insane.

If he wasn't on 70k or played as a winger or striker, I'd be ok with taking the risk. But after years of suffering from a disfunctional midfield, I'd be cautious to disrupt that now.

People say if it's a loan, then there's no risk. That's not entirely true, because being a new player, chances are he'll get at least 10 games, regardless of his performances.. Tiote is god but I don't think he'll be able to carry another passenger in midfield (bit harsh on Nolan) in those ten games.

guaranteed 10 games regardless of performances ? Junkhead's on the junk.

I'm on and off it tbh, but Damien Duff, Nicky Butt and Alan Smith got a lot more because they were once great.. Let's not repeat the same mistake

Michael Owen.

So Ireland is past it, Nolan is the best CM in the Premier League, Sunderland are a European team and Villa and Everton are relegation teams.

Yup. This season is a brilliant marker to go off.

Barton    Tiote  Ireland    Jonas

Ben Arfa

Carroll

You would drop Nolan? ???

hm booze moment of clarity, i was sure skirge and decky were the same poster but as one believes in nolan and the other doesn't i'm gonna have to take sides

Nolan has proved himself to be the best finisher at the club and works well with Tiote, our best CM.

No need to change it. Same with people wanting Barton away from the RW when it obviously works very well. Stop trying to be clever, man.

Guest Roger Kint

Like anyone with an ounce of sense would drop a player already on 10 goals and retain Jonas '1 goal in 60 PL games' Gutierrez.

not even strategically?  away/home teams and all that?  nolan should just play should he?

bollocks

You are aware its that formation shown which he is talking about arent you? Ireland over Nolan in CM at any time? Fuck that bollocks!

Like anyone with an ounce of sense would drop a player already on 10 goals and retain Jonas '1 goal in 60 PL games' Gutierrez.

not even strategically?  away/home teams and all that?  nolan should just play should he?

bollocks

You are aware its that formation shown which he is talking about arent you? Ireland over Nolan in CM at any time? Fuck that bollocks!

what?  :lol: so at no time could you ever see a case for ireland over nolan at CM?

what?

Good point. We should pick a team of eleven strikers, then we'd score lots of goals.

Guest Roger Kint

bollocks

You are aware its that formation shown which he is talking about arent you? Ireland over Nolan in CM at any time? f*** that bollocks!

what?  :lol: so at no time could you ever see a case for ireland over nolan at CM?

what?

Ah WWE responses, that explains it, steriod abuse has serious mental side effects you know.

Ireland is dogshit imo at CM in 4-4-2 so yes at any point i would pick Nolan in that role over him. Incredibly i am allowed an opinion which differs from you